Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

View Poll Results: Should Mums be forced to buy their babies an Olympic Games Ticket?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES

10 41.67%
  • NO

5 20.83%
  • Who Care's

4 16.67%
  • Other (please state)

5 20.83%
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: POLL: Should mums to be have to buy their babies a ticket to the Olympic Games?

Forum Saint
    View papagran40's Feedback (+261)
    All-About papagran40
    View papagran40's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: POLL: Should mums to be have to buy their babies a ticket to the Olympic Games?

Quote Originally Posted by madelaine View Post
    Anyone who wants to take a baby to the Olympics should have the baby taken into care!

I'm exaggerating. It's called hyperbole but you get my drift.
    ================================================== ===============

Madelaine , did you not mean anyone who wants to take a baby to the olympics should be taken into care ?..and Mel , yes , kids are banned..........papa.

Forum Saint
    View moonwitch's Feedback (+1616)
    All-About moonwitch
    View moonwitch's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: POLL: Should mums to be have to buy their babies a ticket to the Olympic Games?

Quote Originally Posted by madelaine View Post
    While I totally agree that unruly children can wreck a meal out, a babysitter on New Year's Eve? No chance! We always had to take our children with us, but there was always provision for children where we went.
    Totally relate to that....I didn't go out on New Year's Eve all the time my daughter was living at home...Annie left home nearly 3 years ago and I still don't go out on that night...lol

Last time I went out on that date was in the late 70's lol

and whats your opinion on it craig?

Feel free to browse my stores

http://hobbyhabitat.ebid.net All things crafty
    http://plain-and-purl.ebid.net Knitting Patterns
    http://floating-buy.ebid.net Fishing Tackle

Quote Originally Posted by astral276 View Post
    Odd...I thought the consensus of this thread was that babes shouldn't be allowed in at all - let alone for free.
    Maybe they will have a box to put all the babes in arms in so you can collect them when you go.

Seriusly i thought the thread was about Babes in arms having to have a ticket to get in, not about being allowed in at all.
    Last edited by BAGHAG999; 26th January 2012 at 08:16 PM.

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BAGHAG999 View Post
    Seriusly i thought the thread was about Babes in arms having to have a ticket to get in, not about being allowed in at all.
    No. If you go back and read #1 again it was asking for comments on what people thought about mothers having to pay for a ticket to take a babe in arms to the event. The majority of individual's views seem to be that such young children should not be allowed into the event at all. This would make your comment that we had, in some way, won the day for such mothers seem a bit odd.

The actual poll result is pretty evenly split, but I suspect some (like me) who commented did not vote in the poll.

Maybe they will have a box to put all the babes in arms in so you can collect them when you go.
    If by 'box' you mean proper child care while the parents swan off to the events - then 'Yes'. Many parents realise that part of the responsibility of having children is that you sometimes have to forsake what you want for the sake of the child. Sadly, some don't.

View madelaine's Feedback (+5873)
    All-About madelaine
    View madelaine's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by astral276 View Post

If by 'box' you mean proper child care while the parents swan off to the events - then 'Yes'. Many parents realise that part of the responsibility of having children is that you sometimes have to forsake what you want for the sake of the child. Sadly, some don't.
    And so say all of us!
    Madelaine

4 shops for Cats Protection & Prospect Hospice
    My Postcard Shop
    BK Stamps for Philatelic listings
    & Yarnalong for craft patterns
    and
    Lotzabitz -anything that doesn't belong in one of the other shops.

My view on this is NO mothers shouldn't be forced to buy a ticket for their babies, going on the following facts:

1. A baby being new born
    2. New Born baby will be in the arms of the mother or in a pram/buggy
    3. New Born babies won't be taking up a seat
    4. Most New Born babies sleep most of the time (i did 22hrs per day when I was a baby)
    5. A baby in the womb conceived after the date of the sale of tickets won't even see the event.
    Don't walk in front of me..I may not follow-don't walk behind me..I may not lead-just walk beside me and be my friend.
    Albert Camus

PERSONAL RECORD SET
    27hours 30minutes without sleep

Forum Saint
    View moonwitch's Feedback (+1616)
    All-About moonwitch
    View moonwitch's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by craig7501 View Post
    4. Most New Born babies sleep most of the time (i did 22hrs per day when I was a baby)
    My son woke every three hours for a feed, right round the clock and every time he woke he screamed ..and that was in a quiet home. Multiply that by the numbers of youngsters who might be attending the event. That is a lot of screaming.

Unless you think only one mum is going to turn up with their child.

Ditto to the "not a place for kids" post.

Parents taking children to something so big and inappropriate should be forced to attend parenting classes until they have their heads screwed on properly and stop thinking of their kids like a piece of luggage they can dump for hours at a time.

View youmeus's Feedback (+203)
    All-About youmeus
    View youmeus's Listings
    Forum Posts

Craig, many parents of new babies think their's is the only one ever born, the cutest, the sweetest..........

but those of us who have been at this for awhile realize even our babies (children) can be an annoyance to others.

So I guess the message I would give is be thoughtful of the child and then be thoughtful of those around you who are wanting to have a fun outing. It isn't the price of the ticket as much as the comfort of the child and everyone else.

Thread Information