Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Help with getting on to Facebook please!

View luvintage's Feedback (+468)
    All-About luvintage
    View luvintage's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Help with getting on to Facebook please!

I have finally decided to give in. Have been reading about relevancy on google and there's just no way to compete with people who are on facebook.

But, I am facebook challenged. I can't even get passed the first page. They want to know if you are a business or a brand or product.

I would think business would be appropriate for me but they want an address. Brand or product doesn't have any category for vintage or antique and you have to be very specific about what you sell.

I want to sell a large variety of vintage products.

So, I'm soooooo challenged, I have to get help to even get past the first page.

What did you guys do?
    Welcome to all of our eBid shops.

If you haven't already registered on Ebid, PLEASE CLICK HERE! Registering is FAST, EASY and FREE!

http://baubles-bangles-and-beads.ebid.net/

All-About luvintage
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Help with getting on to Facebook please!

was able to get passed the first page. It let me put in other info rather than my home address and ph #. Has this been a stumbling block for anyone else?
    Still have a long way to go though.

If you haven't already registered on Ebid, PLEASE CLICK HERE! Registering is FAST, EASY and FREE!

View HerMajesty's Feedback (+1863)
    All-About HerMajesty
    View HerMajesty's Listings
    Forum Posts

Sorry - I only have a personal FB page......so I don't know. Someone else will know, I'm sure! Good luck.
    Ta-Ta for now!

HerMajesty

Slide Inn for Vintage 35mm photographic slides
    https://uk.ebid.net/stores/Slide-Inn

ALSO!! Click below to see my store, THE BEE'S KNEES!
    https://the-bees-knees.ebid.net

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

Had problems with FB myself, they wanted too much personal info. so I had to pass, hope you have better luck with your sign up.

Nowadays I use Twitter, it's easy to sign up (even a Luddite like me can do it) and fairly easy to use.

Best wishes for many sales to all,

Quote Originally Posted by luvintage View Post
    I have finally decided to give in. Have been reading about relevancy on google and there's just no way to compete with people who are on facebook.

But, I am facebook challenged. I can't even get passed the first page. They want to know if you are a business or a brand or product.

I would think business would be appropriate for me but they want an address. Brand or product doesn't have any category for vintage or antique and you have to be very specific about what you sell.

I want to sell a large variety of vintage products.

So, I'm soooooo challenged, I have to get help to even get past the first page.

What did you guys do?
    I have a personal FB account and after joining FB, I looked for groups that have similar interests such as jewelry and joined them. I also found other sellers on FB that have groups for vintage items such as pottery, glassware, etc. and joined their groups. They have been a great help to me as to how to advertise my items as well as pricing tips. I try to not to advertise much on my FB page as my family and friends do not like it.

I also have a personal Google Plus page and am networking with others with similar interests. I use my Google Plus account for advertising my listings on eBid. By doing this I have found my eBid listings have come up on the first or second page of google searches now. Hope this helps.

All-About luvintage
    Forum Posts

Thank you everyone.

Joining FB groups is a great idea and I'll look into that as well as Google plus.

I was up til 3 am trying to do the facebook thing and I think I figured some things out. I think you can have a business page away from the personal page. That was one thing I was concerned about too-don't want to plaster business stuff all over the personal page.

I haven't really used the personal page much either. Was afraid anything I put on FB would go out to the whole world so I didn't do a whole lot.

The world marches on so I guess I'd better "get with it" or get left behind!

Thanks so much for your responses.

Thread Information