Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Organ Donation

Default Re: Organ Donation

Take what they want as long as the rest of me goes in the right bin.

Reincarnation is just another repeat

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

When I'm dead and gone, you can slice me, dice me, chop me, cut me, grind me, beat me, knead me, or whatever you need to do to take my organs, you can have them, I will have no use for them when I'm gone.

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by shezz View Post
    When my niece died aged just 21 unexpectedly, the first thing they asked before turning the machine off was about donating organs,Maria carried a donor card so my sister said yes, part of my sister died also.

Months later out of the blue my sister received a letter passed onto her by the hospital from someone that had received one of Maria’s organ.

If you could of read that letter it was amazing to read it thank my sister/family from the bottom of her heart and how it now giving this person hope of a normal life, and how she would able to live to see her children grow.

The letter made me cry, but it also showed mysister that Maria helped others while she was alive and continued after her death.

Surely if more donated more would be cured
    Sad but gorgeous. BIG A-men to this!!!

Best wishes for many sales to all,

Forum Saint
    View moonwitch's Feedback (+1616)
    All-About moonwitch
    View moonwitch's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FRANCIS2000 View Post
    have i got this right?? lets see, we are living to long and we cannot afford to keep us, so we now have to work longer ,
    so to help this out they are now going to rob us for spare parts when we are dead so we can live longer still??? how dos that work out , is the next step to have us all burnt and us us as fertilizer to grow more food to feed more people that we cannot afford to keep??? can the dead no longer rest in peace ????? they now no longer just wont your money and blood they now wont your dead body as well, well stuff you ,you are not having me

Would you feel the same way if YOU ever needed a donor???

Speaking as someone who will probably need a donor in the near or distant future I am all for it, If I die before I get one then they can use any of my bits to save a life.
    We gave permission for Joe's organs to be used and got two lovely thank you letters back as well Shezz for donating his Kidneys, we also donated His eyes and I can't recal what else they used, as his wife delt with it.
    My husband was against donation untill it hit home that I will possibly need one at some point, now he is all for it.

View shezz's Feedback (+360)
    All-About shezz
    View shezz's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by buttons-and-bows View Post
    Speaking as someone who will probably need a donor in the near or distant future I am all for it, If I die before I get one then they can use any of my bits to save a life.
    We gave permission for Joe's organs to be used and got two lovely thank you letters back as well Shezz for donating his Kidneys, we also donated His eyes and I can't recal what else they used, as his wife delt with it.
    My husband was against donation untill it hit home that I will possibly need one at some point, now he is all for it.
    Wonders how many others would have a change of heart if it was someone dear to them that needed a transplant
    Life is serious but taking it too seriously robs you of
    happiness, fun and productivity

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TonyBridger View Post
    If a person has already consented it would be, IMO, silly for them to withdraw that consent just because other people were being helped to join them.
    Well, that likely makes me silly then.

I have carried a donor card since I was 15, and registered when that was brought it.

I find this 'assumed consent' totally out of order though. The decision to donate organs should lie totally within the informed choice of the owner of those organs. Because someone has not gone out of their way to say 'No', it should not be assumed they have said 'Yes'.

If it is brought in I would seriously consider tearing up my card and de-registering.

I note that nobody has addressed the last line of my opening post: What happens to those not in a position to make an informed choice? Is it to be assumed that because they are unable to say 'No' we have a right to harvest their organs when they die?

Thread Information