eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Non paying bidder process

View banrigh's Feedback (+2949)
    All-About banrigh
    View banrigh's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Non paying bidder process

I think the 20 day time frame is too long, but that seems to be the only way to receive your FVF refund and leave appropriate feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by banrigh View Post
    I think the 20 day time frame is too long, but that seems to be the only way to receive your FVF refund and leave appropriate feedback.
    That's fine. I'll just not leave feedback. Again thanks for your assistance.

Forum Saint
    View Anniemcc2's Feedback (+3934)
    All-About Anniemcc2
    View Anniemcc2's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BAGHAG999 View Post
    Did the feedback bit vanish.
    Didn't leave feedback as we'd agreed to cancel the sale. Once I'd cancelled, all trace of it disappeared from 'My eBid' dashboard - so couldn't leave any even I'd wanted to.

Quote Originally Posted by Anniemcc2 View Post
    Didn't leave feedback as we'd agreed to cancel the sale. Once I'd cancelled, all trace of it disappeared from 'My eBid' dashboard - so couldn't leave any even I'd wanted to.
    Thats good is what i hoped would happen.

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by florida33549 View Post
    That's fine. I'll just not leave feedback. Again thanks for your assistance.
    Agree with your take on this, it's what I'd do, too, though it does seem a shame not to be able to warn others about NPBs.

Best wishes for many sales to all,

View sucadot's Feedback (+845)
    All-About sucadot
    View sucadot's Listings
    Forum Posts

i had a similar case with an overseas buyer who didn't read the listing properly & we agreed to cancel the sale. I just had to enter the reason for cancellation on the AAL, my fvf was refunded straight away & as Annie said, it disappeared from the dashboard.
    [SIGPIC]
    view my listings here

View banrigh's Feedback (+2949)
    All-About banrigh
    View banrigh's Listings
    Forum Posts

Cancelling a sale when the buyer is in error and has not yet paid erases the sale completely..including feedback abilities on either side.

If a buyer pays and then wants to cancel the sale, the cancel sale option is no longer available. To receive your FVF refund, you now must request by email to support for review.

A NPB is a different matter and I will wait the 20 days, if need be, so the appropriate feedback will be left to warn other sellers and hopefully deter the buyer from doing it again to someone else.

Okay, now I'm really confused. I sent support the following email which was the same as my first post:

Okay, question about the process. I just went through it and it seems very complicated.

1. First, I sent the 2 required payment notices.
    2. Then I entered the NPB notification.
    3. Then I left feedback.
    4. Then I had to cancel sale.

I had to do this on several items so it was a bit time consuming.

Once I cancelled sale on item, the buyer's feedback that I had left was gone but I did get my fees back.

So my question is: could I just have cancelled sale [since buyer had not communicated nor paid] to avoid steps 1,2, and 3.

Thanks.

The response I just got from support was:

Thank you for your email.

In order to process a refund of the final value fee on an item, all four steps need to be completed.

So does that mean you can no longer leave feedback for NPBs since when you cancel the sale the feedback is removed? I am asking support about this now and hopefully they will come back with an answer quickly. Perhaps I should point them to this thread so they can answer here.

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

Okay, now I'm really confused. I sent support the following email which was the same as my first post:

Okay, question about the process. I just went through it and it seems very complicated.
    1. First, I sent the 2 required payment notices.
    2. Then I entered the NPB notification.
    3. Then I left feedback.
    4. Then I had to cancel sale.

I had to do this on several items so it was a bit time consuming.

Once I cancelled sale on item, the buyer's feedback that I had left was gone but I did get my fees back.

So my question is: could I just have cancelled sale [since buyer had not communicated nor paid] to avoid steps 1,2, and 3.

Thanks.

The response I just got from support was:

Thank you for your email.

In order to process a refund of the final value fee on an item, all four steps need to be completed.

So does that mean you can no longer leave feedback for NPBs since when you cancel the sale the feedback is removed? I am asking support about this now and hopefully they will come back with an answer quickly. Perhaps I should point them to this thread so they can answer here.
    Please do share what they say about this, inquiring (OK nosy) minds want to know.

Best wishes for many sales to all,

I think perhaps you shouldn't have canceled the sale. Instead, in order to get your FVF back, contact support and open a ticket. They will refund your fees that way, plus you can still leave negative feedback since the transaction was not deleted.

Same thing happened to me a few weeks back, and I got my FVF back quickly plus the feedback I left for the non-paying buyer stuck.

Thread Information