eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Would like to see handling and shipping on invoice idemized.

Forum Lurker
    View RiverHill's Feedback (+282)
    All-About RiverHill
    View RiverHill's Listings
    Forum Posts

Exclamation Would like to see handling and shipping on invoice idemized.

Have problem with multiple sales on one invoice. We list with a handling charge on each item (s), ?"why", trying to save our buyers money (do not have to pay sales tax or duty charges on handling) And we do combine shipments POSTAGE....When buyer gets invoice it states amount of goods and SHIPPING which includes the handling.....buyer now thinks he is paying to much for shipping! confusing. Would like to see total for goods, handling charge total (with option of discount) and postage, then total due. If, this is doable would be appreciated, while changing the invoice page placing the SKU# on each item sold.

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Would like to see handling and shipping on invoice idemized.

On the invoice where the grand total is, you will see item discount and shipping discount in either % or $ in the drop down menu.

Forum Lurker
    All-About RiverHill
    Forum Posts

Example;;; invoice is for 5 items (say a feather )( sold for $.50 each) each have a handling fee of $3.00, when buyer first purchased they are advised of the shipping and handling of the single item...then when the invoice goes out it itemizes each item purchased, the a sub total, and postage (of $15.00 + actual postage) and then grand total. Say postage to ship 3 oz of feathers is $3.75 Now when the buyer see POSTAGE $18.75 to ship 3 ounces they think that they are paying to much!! When we state that buyer pays exact postage, buyer see that $18.75 postage (which includes handling) and thinks he is entitled to a refund of $15.00. See the problem; There is no way the buyer can see how much shipping and how much is handling.

Forum Diehard
    View JJcards's Feedback (+1672)
    All-About JJcards
    View JJcards's Listings
    Forum Posts

You have to subtract your discount prior to sending the invoice,if the total with shipping is 50$ 25 spent on goods the other 25 combined from all the items sold and their shipping fees,simply drop the menu down and subtract the % or money amount to indicate correct postage fee send invoice and the buyer will see the correct amount

So if the shipping total reads 25$ you need it to read 8$ simply drop down the menu and subtract 17$ before sending the invoice,simple as that

Forum Lurker
    All-About RiverHill
    Forum Posts

Of the $8.00 how much is actual postage and how much is handling....I want to make sure that I'm only billed for exact postage. $8.00 seems to be high.

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

There is no option for handling charges, you will have to figure that out with the total shipping.

Forum Diehard
    All-About JJcards
    View JJcards's Listings
    Forum Posts

Was only using that as an example,you can deduct whatever needs to be reduced according to your needs,

Example my shipping on 1-10 items is 2.75 when I get the invoice it shows up as 27.50 for shipping I subtract the amount needed so I am left sending my buyer an invoice for 2.75 for my shipping charges,if I were to charge a handling fee,I would simply subtract less,if the fee is 3$ than the amount would be 5.75 total for shipping and handling

You will have to do your calculations on that drop down bar to ensure your sending the correct amount as too little or too much is no good for you or your buyer so see what the total is,your total shipping fees and your handling fees,subtract the shipping and handling fees from the overall total and that will be the one you will be sending

Quote Originally Posted by RiverHill View Post
    Have problem with multiple sales on one invoice. We list with a handling charge on each item (s), ?"why", trying to save our buyers money (do not have to pay sales tax or duty charges on handling) And we do combine shipments POSTAGE....When buyer gets invoice it states amount of goods and SHIPPING which includes the handling.....buyer now thinks he is paying to much for shipping! confusing. Would like to see total for goods, handling charge total (with option of discount) and postage, then total due. If, this is doable would be appreciated, while changing the invoice page placing the SKU# on each item sold.
    As others have said, it can be done. I've always thought the invoicing for multiple items needs to be simplified. I've made errors when subtracting and it means sending another invoice. If I could have just inserted the correct shipping amount [without subtracting], it would be so much simpler.

Forum Lurker
    All-About RiverHill
    Forum Posts

I understand and do just what you have done....now I send the invoice to buyer, He see POSTAGE but does not know how much is postage or how much of the POSTAGE is handling.....Buyer see POSTAGE , "ouch"' you are overcharging for postage...does not understand handling is part of the price he agreed on when bidding.

Forum Diehard
    All-About JJcards
    View JJcards's Listings
    Forum Posts

You can always send the buyer a message stating shipping for item is x amount handling is x amount total combined for both shipping and handling is,whatever your fee is

I do agree it could and should be more simplified and not have 20 purchases and each of their shipping fees onto 1 invoice and than have to take a min or 2 to work out your fees etc and then send the invoice,I have made the same error early on and sent one of my buyers an invoice for 48$ shipping on what should have been about 6$ he was confused,I couldn't work out what went wrong till I noticed that drop down bar and had to readjust and resend the invoice

Good luck to you and I am sure with a simple message to your buyer explaining the shipping fee is this,the extra amount is our handling fee,it will clear things up,extra work that should not have to be done by sellers but it is what it is till they can get around to hopefully sorting it out

Thread Information