Thread: Feedback MOT

Forum Newbie
    Lactodorum, Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
    View giftsaplenty's Feedback (+813)
    All-About giftsaplenty
    View giftsaplenty's Listings
    Forum Posts

Lightbulb Feedback MOT

There is a lot of us out here who have customers who do not leave feedbacks.
    We make requests time after time but they fail to respond, with no communication at all, we are completely ignored.
    We could of course retract our feedbacks to them and say something nasty but we are not like that.
    In my case, I deleted quite a few because I got fed up with asking.
    Our usual response is to let it ride...but not any more.

With no correspondence from the buyer to report errors, it`s obvious that the transactions have been fully completed and that the customer is satisfied.

In cases like these...wouldn`t it be nice if Ebid could give us all, an automatic positive feedback?

So could you see your way to at least think about this one?

Kindest Regards
    Pat

View TonyBridger's Feedback (+252)
    All-About TonyBridger
    View TonyBridger's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Feedback MOT

That suggestion would make the feedback system more useless than it already is.
    My posts only state my own opinions, unless I've stolen them from someone else

View Brunwulf's Feedback (+90)
    All-About Brunwulf
    View Brunwulf's Listings
    Forum Posts

I remember discussing this a while ago, personally i think it would work fine,

I think a simple "Successful Purchase" automatically left after 60 days would be fine.

If the buyer is still unhappy after 60 days or can be bothered they can log in and change it any time , as feedback can be edited here.

Not being left feed back can affect new sellers sales, also can make ebid look bad for sales

As a buyer i find getting feedback email reminders is more annoying for me, some times as a buyer i dont login for months and would prefer it was left automatically, maby if it was an option in my ebid, on by default

Reminds me of the automated feedback option for sellers on another auction site.

( Ohh by the way ebid if you read this can we have the automated feedback option turned on in myebid for sellers ? you have the auto feed back turned on for the buddy point auctions or is that just hard coded mod, thanks )

I'm sure others will disagree.
    Last edited by jimbo750; 19th February 2012 at 04:15 PM. Reason: foot stuck in mouth

View Naturelady's Feedback (+653)
    All-About Naturelady
    View Naturelady's Listings
    Forum Posts

I leave way more feedback than I receive. I believe some kind of system that show more sales for ebid would be more fair to sellers and lookers.

Feedback by buyers should always be optional (and I am quite certain it always will be)
    I can never understand the logic of seller's who request feedback - its a good way of losing custom, because they find it irritating.

As for the automatic feedback - Absolutely NOT!

Ebid have some sort of emailed automatic feedback request after so many days - In my opinion that needs to STOP

The only thing I ask of a buyer is payment - and if they choose to leave feedback that is nice. Some don't leave feedback and instead send me a nice email instead - others (and some who have been regular customers with 100's of purchases) I never get anything, that is their choice and I am perfectly happy with that.

Quote Originally Posted by deanosaur1972 View Post
    Feedback by buyers should always be optional (and I am quite certain it always will be)
    I can never understand the logic of seller's who request feedback - its a good way of losing custom, because they find it irritating.

As for the automatic feedback - Absolutely NOT!

Ebid have some sort of emailed automatic feedback request after so many days - In my opinion that needs to STOP

The only thing I ask of a buyer is payment - and if they choose to leave feedback that is nice. Some don't leave feedback and instead send me a nice email instead - others (and some who have been regular customers with 100's of purchases) I never get anything, that is their choice and I am perfectly happy with that.
    Very much agree.

I also look at feedback left for others - that can say more about a seller than feedback they receive.

View MPS16's Feedback (+3501)
    All-About MPS16
    View MPS16's Listings
    Forum Posts

Feedback by buyers should always be optional (and I am quite certain it always will be)....

The only thing I ask of a buyer is payment - and if they choose to leave feedback that is nice....
    Well said. I could not have put it better.
    Please Visit My Stores

Meccano Shop
    Postcards Shop
    Stamps Shop
    DVD Shop

I'm free-I'm free
    And freedom tastes of reality
    I'm free-I'm free
    And I'm waiting for you to follow me

TOMMY

Forum Diehard
    View kedo's Feedback (+4128)
    All-About kedo
    View kedo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TonyBridger View Post
    That suggestion would make the feedback system more useless than it already is.
    No, it would make it more useful. At the moment neg feedback is over represented for instance. People are far more motivated to leave it than they are positive.

Another problem is that negs don't disapear after a year like they do 'elsewhere'. The inevitable result of this, long term, is that people are always going to look like worse sellers on eBid. I'm not saying the system 'elsewhere' is right, it's just an observation.

The fact that buyers tend not to leave feedback also hides the success of those who are selling well which has to be a big factor in getting more sellers to join/expansion of the site.

Auto pos feedback would be helpful, I think.
    Last edited by kedo; 19th February 2012 at 04:30 PM.

View Naturelady's Feedback (+653)
    All-About Naturelady
    View Naturelady's Listings
    Forum Posts

Then why do we have a feedback system at all? Mags, I am glad to hear you look at the feedback left for others. In my opinion that truly reflects the sales made on ebid.

View Brunwulf's Feedback (+90)
    All-About Brunwulf
    View Brunwulf's Listings
    Forum Posts

Can i ask, if you were a new seller on ebid and your first 5 sales never left feedback and you had 0 feedback with the shady glasses logo and were losing out on potential sales would you still say the same ?

Surely anything even small that can increase sales , make ebid look busier and earn sellers more buddy points is good thing ?
    Last edited by jimbo750; 19th February 2012 at 04:36 PM. Reason: stuck in a door

Thread Information