Page 1 of 14 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: REVELATION (Part 2)

View burgyeb's Feedback (+946)
    All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default REVELATION (Part 2)

REVELATION (PART 2)

The purpose of starting Part 2 in a separate thread is to continue the study until the first Revelation Thread is restored. Will probably plan to merge the contents of this thread into first thread once it is available.

For those of you who were following the First and Original Revelation Thread, this is Part 2, which will cover Revelation 11:15-19 and chapters 12-22. We had covered Revelation 1-11:1-14 in Part 1 of Revelation. Part 1 covered the first half of the Tribulation Period, the first 3.5 years (1260 days) of the Tribulation Period. In summary of our end coverage of Part 1.............

The first half of the Tribulation Period ended after the ministry of the Two Witnesses was completed. [Revelation 11:1-7] At this point "the beast that comes up out of the bottomless pit will declare war against them. He will conquer them and kill them." [NLT]

Revelation Part 1, chapter 11:1-14 discussed that the Two Witnesses were left unburied for 3.5 days on the main street of Jerusalem, while the world gazed on them and celebrated. After three and one half days the Two Witnesses were raised to life, as the Spirit of God entered their lifeless bodies. They stood upon their feet as the entire world watched in terror.

A loud voice from heaven said, "Come up here!" And they rose to heaven in a cloud as their enemies watched. [Rev 11:11-12] In the same hour a terrible earthquake detroyed a tenth of the city. Seven thousand people died in that earthquake.....those who did not die were terrified and gave glory to the God of heaven. [Rev 11:13] . The second terror is past, but look, now the third terror is coming quickly. [Rev. 11:14] NLT

The first half of the Tribulation Period was covered from Revelation 6, with the opening of the first 6 seals; the opening of the 7th seal in Revelation 8, which included the blowing of the first 4 trumpets and the blowing of the 5th trumpet (the first terror) and the 6th trumpet (the second terror)in Revelation 9. Also included in the first half of the Tribulation Period was the events involving the Two Witnesses, as described above in Revelation 11:1-14. [NLT]

The Second half of the Tribulation Period, last 3.5 years of the end of the age, begins with the blowing of the 7th trumpet (which is the 3rd terror) found in Revelation 11:15-19; and from Revelation chapters 12- 20. Will continue on from this point, as we look at the 2nd half of the Tribulation Period, in Revelation Part 2.

Stratford, Greater London, United Kingdom
    View billsstamps's Feedback (+31069)
    All-About billsstamps
    View billsstamps's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: REVELATION (Part 2)

None of your links work.
    Rev Dr Bill Hopkinson,
    Retired professor

BillsStamps

around 50000 stamps listed, based in London

Forum Saint
    View moonwitch's Feedback (+1616)
    All-About moonwitch
    View moonwitch's Listings
    Forum Posts

What happened to Part one?

All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by billsbooks View Post
    None of your links work.
    Good observation. That is because they are not links, just underlined statements.

Quote Originally Posted by moonwitch View Post
    What happened to Part one?
    Same thing that took place in Nepal.

Think someone has "staked a claim to it" at least that is what the count says.

View HerMajesty's Feedback (+1863)
    All-About HerMajesty
    View HerMajesty's Listings
    Forum Posts

Carry on!! I didn't realize that not commenting was detrimental. I read all the posts of the first part of Revelation, and found the posts really interesting. I don't pretend to understand all of this, but there are a lot of ways to look at it. I've never done an in-depth study of it.

So many things could be interpreted in many ways......but that's part of the fun and challenge of hearing someone else's point of view.
    Ta-Ta for now!

HerMajesty

Slide Inn for Vintage 35mm photographic slides
    https://uk.ebid.net/stores/Slide-Inn

ALSO!! Click below to see my store, THE BEE'S KNEES!
    https://the-bees-knees.ebid.net

Forum Saint
    North Warwickshire, Warwickshire, United Kingdom
    View Tiskets's Feedback (+1051)
    All-About Tiskets
    View Tiskets's Listings
    Forum Posts

Well said YourMajesty

Stratford, Greater London, United Kingdom
    View billsstamps's Feedback (+31069)
    All-About billsstamps
    View billsstamps's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by HerMajesty View Post
    Carry on!! I didn't realize that not commenting was detrimental. I read all the posts of the first part of Revelation, and found the posts really interesting. I don't pretend to understand all of this, but there are a lot of ways to look at it. I've never done an in-depth study of it.
    So many things could be interpreted in many ways......but that's part of the fun and challenge of hearing someone else's point of view.
    I don't think that Revelation can be interpreted like this, but it is interesting to see, for a little while, the imaginative connections that can be made by treating Revelation as if it were prophecy.
    But Apocalyptic and Prophecy are different genres and in the end I think people are misled by confusing them, however exciting it may be.
    Rev Dr Bill Hopkinson,
    Retired professor

BillsStamps

around 50000 stamps listed, based in London

View ropegg's Feedback (+424)
    All-About ropegg
    View ropegg's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by HerMajesty View Post

I will try to post a bit now and then so eBid will know that someone else besides you are interested in what you are posting. I do enjoy it and it gives my mind more to chew on. Thanks again Ava for doing this and I am praying eBid will NOT remove this one. It would be really good if they would reinstate the first part.
    My stores:
    Ropegg
    Cups-Cups-Cups
    And Other Stuff
    Peggy A's Jewels

God Bless and have a great day!!!!

All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Thank you everyone for your comments and points of view. It is very interesting how a topic can be interpreted in so many ways. One's religious belief system, world views, values, what they think of the Bible or other religious text, and an infinite number of other factors, will determine how they look at the Book of Revelation.

As a Christian, who believes the Word of God (the Bible), I choose to approach Revelation from a Biblical perspective. It is my own perspective, and could easily differ from other Christian's or non- Christian's perspectives. That is why I have taken care to present the biblical text and then expound from there. Any one who sees the same text from the Bible, can read it and decide for themselves what is being said. They can also decide to take the Bible literally, figuratively, or somewhere in between. They can decide whether to believe the Bible or not for themselves. It is a personal decision that God Himself would uphold.

However, I do not like to see terms tossed about lightly, lacking definition or clarification, as a means of "proving a point" or dismissing the views of another person. So I will give a brief definition for two terms that were introduced and move on with expounding on Revelation from a Biblical perspective.

Apocalypse means revelation, to uncover, to reveal.* [A man-made religious concept]

Apocalyptic means forecasting the ultimate destiny of the world : PROPHETIC.......* [A man-made religious concept]

Prophecy also Prophesy means a prediction of something to come*

*The above definitions were taken from the Merriam Webster's Collegiate Dictionary 10th Edition

Revelation 1:3
    Blessed is the one who reads the words of this prophecy......who hear and take to heart what is written in it, because the time is near. [NIV]

Revelation 22:18
    "I warn everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book ..............." [NIV]

The text of Revelation seems to hold that it is a book of prophecy. Revelation is also apocalyptic in nature, as defined above. So it is both, not really a point of debate.

All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by burgyeb View Post
    REVELATION (PART 2)

The purpose of starting Part 2 in a separate thread is to continue the study until the first Revelation Thread is restored. Will probably plan to merge the contents of this thread into first thread once it is available.

For those of you who were following the First and Original Revelation Thread, this is Part 2, which will cover Revelation 11:15-19 and chapters 12-22. We had covered Revelation 1-11:1-14 in Part 1 of Revelation. Part 1 covered the first half of the Tribulation Period, the first 3.5 years (1260 days) of the Tribulation Period. In summary of our end coverage of Part 1.............

The first half of the Tribulation Period ended after the ministry of the Two Witnesses was completed. [Revelation 11:1-7] At this point "the beast that comes up out of the bottomless pit will declare war against them. He will conquer them and kill them." [NLT]

Revelation Part 1, chapter 11:1-14 discussed that the Two Witnesses were left unburied for 3.5 days on the main street of Jerusalem, while the world gazed on them and celebrated. After three and one half days the Two Witnesses were raised to life, as the Spirit of God entered their lifeless bodies. They stood upon their feet as the entire world watched in terror.

A loud voice from heaven said, "Come up here!" And they rose to heaven in a cloud as their enemies watched. [Rev 11:11-12] In the same hour a terrible earthquake detroyed a tenth of the city. Seven thousand people died in that earthquake.....those who did not die were terrified and gave glory to the God of heaven. [Rev 11:13] . The second terror is past, but look, now the third terror is coming quickly. [Rev. 11:14] NLT

The first half of the Tribulation Period was covered from Revelation 6, with the opening of the first 6 seals; the opening of the 7th seal in Revelation 8, which included the blowing of the first 4 trumpets and the blowing of the 5th trumpet (the first terror) and the 6th trumpet (the second terror)in Revelation 9. Also included in the first half of the Tribulation Period was the events involving the Two Witnesses, as described above in Revelation 11:1-14. [NLT]

The Second half of the Tribulation Period, last 3.5 years of the end of the age, begins with the blowing of the 7th trumpet (which is the 3rd terror) found in Revelation 11:15-19; and from Revelation chapters 12- 20. Will continue on from this point, as we look at the 2nd half of the Tribulation Period, in Revelation Part 2.

The phrase "Woe! Woe! Woe!" found in Revelation 8:13 refers to the 3 final trumpets to be blown by 7 angels. The judgements of God were released as plagues with the opening of the 7 seals on the scroll, by the sounding of 7 trumpets, and by the pouring out of the 7 bowl judgements.

The first half of the Tribulation Period included the opening of the first 6 seals (Rev. 6), and the blowing of the first 6 trumpets.that occurred with the opening of the 7th seal (Rev. 8 - 9). The 1st Woe occurred when the 5th trumpet sounded (Rev. 9:1-11, 12); the 2nd Woe occurred when the 6th trumpet sounded (Rev. 9:13-21).

An interlude of heavenly and corresponding earthly events occurred in Revelation 10---11:13 ; these events included "the angel and the little scroll" and "the Two Witnesses". Then we are told that...."The second woe has passed; the third woe is coming soon." (Rev. 11:14). [NIV] The third woe proceeds from the blowing of the 7th trumpet, as this releases the 7 bowl judgements of God. Following the killing of the Two Witnesses, their resurrection from the dead, and their ascension into heaven, the seventh angel sounded his trumpet, bring on the third woe.

Revelation 11:15 The seventh angel sounded his trumpet, and there were loud voices in heaven, which said: "The kingdom of the world has become the kingdom of our Lord and of his Christ, and he will reign for ever and ever." [NIV]

This heavenly proclamation marked the colapse of the world system and the eternal reign of the Kingdom of God. The unraveling of the world system and it's kingdom unfolds in Revelation chapters 12-18 and chapter 20.

Revelation 11:16-17
    And the twenty-four elders, who were seated on their thrones before God, fell on their faces and worshipped God saying: "We give thanks to you, Lord God Almighty, the One who is and who was, because you have taken your great power and have begun to reign........." [NIV]

In Revelation 1:4,8 and 4:8 Jesus Christ is described as the One, who is, and who was, and who is to come. In Revelation 11:17 who is to come is not included because the reign of Christ is spoken of here as having begun.

Revelation 11:18 "
    The nations were angry; and your wrath has come. The time has come for judging the dead........for rewarding your servants the prophets.....and your saints.......and for destroying those who destroy the earth." [NIV]

The anger expressed by the inhabitants on earth who belong to the world, by the beast (Satan), by the Anti-Christ, and the False Prophet will absolutely pale in comparison to the wrath that eminates from God in Revelation chapters 12---20.

Revelation 11:19
    Then God's temple in heaven was opened, and within his temple was seen the ark of his covenant. And there came flashes of lightening, rumblings, peals of thunder, an earthquake and a great hailstorm. [NIV]

Thread Information