Thread: REVELATION (Part 2)

View burgyeb's Feedback (+946)
    All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: REVELATION (Part 2)

REVELATION 21

Revelation 21:1-2
    Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the old heaven and the old earth had disappeared And the sea was also gone.

(2) And I saw the holy city, the new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven like a beautiful bride prepared for her husband. [NLT]

Revelation chapter 21 begins a new phase describing the redeemed of the LORD, and their eternal dwelling place. The scene depicted during the great white throne judgement, revealed the earth and the sky (the heaven) fleeing from the presence of God. They found no place to hide. They fled in fear of the coming judgement of God. They fled as they watched the dead who were in the sea, the grave, death, and in hell, delivered up to God. (see Revelation 20:11-15)

John wrote that he saw a new heaven and a new earth, because the old heaven and the old earth had disappeared. Also the sea was no longer there. (Revelation 21:1) The LORD proclaimed......."Look! I am creating new heavens and a new earth -- so wonderful that no one will even think about the old ones anymore." (Isaiah 65:17 NLT) " 'As surely as my new heavens and earth will remain........' says the LORD" (Isaiah 66:22 NLT)

Peter addressed believers in his second letter about the coming day of the Lord, that the earth would be consumed by fire, and totally melt away. (see 2 Peter 3:7, 10-12) Peter went on to say......."But we are looking forward to the new heavens and new earth he has promised, a world where everyone is right with God." (2 Peter 3:13 NLT)

Jesus himself had spoken of heaven and earth disappearing, but his word remaining forever. (Matt. 5:18; Matt. 24:35; Mark 13:31; Luke 21:33)

In Revelation 21:1, not only was the earth and the heaven not found, but the sea was also gone. Nothing remained of the old. This would necessitate the creation and coming of the new. "But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him." (1 Corinthians 2:9 KJV)

Following the creation of the new heaven and the new earth; John saw the holy city, the new Jerusalem coming down from God out of heaven. (see Revelation 21:2) The new Jerusalem will come down from heaven as the capital of the new earth, and God will live among his people (redeemed saints). The LORD also proclaimed......"Be glad; rejoice forever in my creation! And look! I will create Jerusalem as a place of happiness.........I, the LORD, have spoken. (see Isaiah 65:17-25)

Peter explained that the Lord was not being slow about his promise to return, but he is giving people time to repent, to be saved. (2 Peter 8-9, 15)

All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

REVELATION 21

Revelation 21:3-5
    I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.

(4) And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.

(5) And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful. [KJV]

John is seeing unimaginable heavenly sights of a new heaven and a new earth; and he hears a loud voice from heaven. This great voice could be that of an angel. Angels are messengers and servants of God. The great voice proclaimed that the tabernacle of God is with men. A tabernacle is a tent; and has also been used to represent our bodies, a place of habitation.

The Tabernacle of Sinai was built by Moses and the Children of Israel to represent the presence of God among His people. The dwelling place of God was the Holy of Holies. (see Exodus 26, 36, 40) John depicted Jesus as "the Word becoming flesh" or putting on the tabernacle of flesh, and dwelling among us. (see John 1:14) Jesus (the Word) came first in the flesh, as Suffering Savior" (see Isaiah 52:13-15; Isaiah 53)

The great voice from heaven said, "Look, the tabernacle (tent, home, place of abode) of God is dwelling with and among men. God himself will be with them, and be their God. (See Revelation 21:3) Jesus Christ was described as........"Our High Priest sat down in the place of highest honor in heaven, at God's right hand.......ministering there in the sacred tent, the true place of worship that was built by the Lord and not by human hands." [Hebrews 8:1-2 NLT]

Jesus Christ will be King, ruling from New Jerusalem; and High Priest abiding with and among His people. New Jerusalem is the Tabernacle or Temple that will be the future presence of God among the redeemed saints. In contrast, the tabernacle in the wilderness of Sinai, contained the Holy of Holies; which was accessible only to the High Priest once each year. (see Hebews 9:7) "Jesus Christ our High Priest.......took his own blood into that Most Holy Place, once and for all." (see Hebrews 9:11-12) Because Jesus Christ was the perfect sacrifice, the redeemed saints; his people, will have direct and personal access to God. (see Revelation 21:3)

Jesus Christ, as God and High Priest, will wipe away all tears and all sorrows. There will be no more pain, suffering, or death. All that was old and caused unhappiness and pain will pass away. Jesus Christ will make all things new. (Revelation 21:4-5)

All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

REVELATION 21

Revelation 21:6-7
    And he said unto me, It is done. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely.

(7) He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son. [KJV]

Jesus Christ spoke to John and told him that "It is done". The purpose of God was completed. Jesus had made a similar comment from the cross..... "It is finished". He had accomplished the redemption of mankind and the earth through his shed blood, once and for all.

Jesus described himself as "Alpha and Omega"; these are the first and last letters of the Greek alphabet. Jesus was saying "I am the A through Z. The Apostle Paul summed up the supremacy of Christ in Colossians 1:15-20; 2:9-10. "For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily. And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power......." [Colossians 2:9-10 KJV]

"He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. For by him all things were created.......He is before all things, and in him all things hold together.........he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy....." [see Colossians 1:15-20 KJV, NIV]

Jesus described himself as the Alpha and Omega in Revelation 1:8; 21:6; and 22:13

Jesus made it plain by describing himself as "the beginning and the end" in Revelation 1:8; 21:6; and 22:13

Jesus also made it plain by describing himself as "the First and Last" in Revelation 1:11,17; 2:8; and 22:13 These terms were also used in Old Testament Scripture and the Prophets. "This is what the LORD says--Israel's King and Redeemer, the LORD Almighty; I am the first and I am the last; apart from me there is no God. [Isaiah 44:6 NIV]

Jesus also told John that all who thirst (for the things of God) would be given freely, without cost, the water of life. Jesus was speaking with a Samaritan woman, concerning the gift of living water he could give. He also revealed to her that he was the Messiah. His disciples were shocked that he held a personal conversation with a Samaritan woman. The Samaritan's and the Jews had nothing to do with each other. (Rev. 21:6; Jn 4)

Jesus said to John, "He who overcomes will inherit all this". (Rev. 21:7) This was the word of encouragement Jesus had given to the seven Churches of Revelation 1-3. It was the word of encouragement and promise given to those who resist against the mark of the beast or his name. Jesus promises to be the God of the overcomer, and to make them part of his family.

All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

REVELATION 21
    (Continued)

Revelation 21:8 But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolators, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone : which is the second death. [KJV]

Revelation 21:8 But the cowardly, the unbelieving, the vile, the murderers, the sexually immoral, those who practice magic arts, the idolators, and all liars -- their place will be in the fiery lake of burning sulfur. This is the second death. [NLT]

This one verse of scripture found in Revelation 21, reveals a sharp contrast to the promises spoken of in Revelation 21:6-7 to the spiritually thirsty and the overcomers. The verse has been quoted in both the King James Version (KJV) and the New Living Translation (NLT), to aid understanding of what is being said.

This list of actions or actvities that would seemingly make one eligible for the lake of fire (hell, sheol, the abyss), have caused questions. A major question perhaps is "how can a coward be compared to a murderer; or any comparison between the listed?" Does sin have a measuring stick? Are there "little sins" vs "big sins"? Many, including those "in the Church", think that there are "little sins" and "big sins". But to God, sin is sin.

The Word of God says that...."all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God". "As it is written, There is none righteous, no not one......." (Romans 3:9 KJV) The Apostle John had a word for all who claimed to be sinless, and the only true solution for sin. (see 1 John 1:5-10)

John was addressing a group of inividuals in 1 John 1, that were known as Gnostics. They had entered some church circles, teaching that spirit is all good and matter (Including the body) was evil. Thus, escape from the body, through special knowledge, was considered the way to salvation by Gnostics. They denied that their evil actions were sin. (see 1 John 1:10) John uses the terminology of "we" and "us" to speak of himself, the other Apostles; and "so that you..." to differentiate those involved in Gnosticism. (see 1 John 1:1-5)

The Apostle John identified the only true solution for sin as......."the blood of Jesus Christ.....that purifies us from all sin." And....."If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness." (see I John 1:7b-9)

Going back to a major question.......How can a cowardly, fearful person be considered as sinful as a murderer in God's sight? Thus worthy to end up in the lake of burning sulfer or the lake of fire. Some have even pondered over and compared this verse of scripture to scriptures that state "the fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom." (see Psalm 111:10; Proverbs 9:10)

So is there a difference between "being fearful" and "fearing the LORD"? Yes, the difference is as great as darkness and light. Fear of the LORD, means to reverence God, to show him respect and honor. Fear of the LORD is born out of love for the LORD, and trust in the LORD. It is an essential component of faith, which is required to please God. (see Hebrews 11:1,6) To "fear not" is an actual command from God, that can be found frequently throughout the Old and New Testaments. Abraham was commended for fearing God. (see Genesis 22:12)

Jacob was comforted and reassured by God when he greatly feared meeting up with his brother Esau. (Genesis 32:1-12) God created a spirit of reconciliation when Jacob finally was met by Esau. (see Genesis 33:1-4) The modern day descendants of Jacob and Esau seem to have forgotten this incredible reconciliation that occurred between their fore fathers. The spirit of reconciliation had also occurred between Isaac and Ishmael earlier, as they came together again to bury their father Abraham. (see Genesis 25:7-11)

Moses, Joshua, and other leaders throughout the Old Testament were commanded to be strong and courageous, and to not be fearful. Jesus told his disciples to "fear not" on multiple occassions throughout the New Testament. To be fearful is to demonstrate lack of trust in God. In the sight of God it is sin. The wages of sin is death (the second death)........but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus. (see Revelation 20:11-15; 21:8) (see Romans 6:23)

All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

REVELATION 21
    (Continued)

Revelation 21:8 But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolators, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone : which is the second death. [KJV]

Revelation 21:8 But the cowardly, the unbelieving, the vile, the murderers, the sexually immoral, those who practice magic arts, the idolators, and all liars -- their place will be in the fiery lake of burning sulfur. This is the second death. [NLT]

ADDITIONAL COMMENTARY ON "FEAR OF THE LORD" vs "BEING FEARFUL or COWARDLY"

It was discussed in the previous post that there is a vast difference between fearing God and being fearful. I would like to comment further on "the fear of the LORD", which the Scriptures say is the beginning of wisdom. The starting point of becoming wise or to being the possessor of wisdom.
    (see Psalm 111:10; Proverbs 9:10)

The Fear of the LORD was described as reverence of God; respect and honor of God. Having it's roots in love and trust of God, it is an essential component of faith. "Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see." "And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him." (Hebrews 11:1,6 NIV)

In Proverbs 4:5-9 we are strongly advised to get wisdom and understanding. The acquisition of wisdom is described as the most important goal of life. Wisdom herself promised that all who seek her will find her. (see Proverbs 8:1, 17)

Wisdom personified claimed that....."the LORD brought me forth as the first of his works, before his deeds of old; I was appointed from eternity, from the beginning, before the world began." (see Proverbs 8:22-36 NIV) Wisdom claimed to be...."the craftsman at the LORD's side when he marked out the foundations of the earth" ; or when he was setting up his designs for creation. (see Proverbs 8:27-31)

The rewards of wisdom are described as more precious than silver, gold, rubies, or anything you could desire or want. (see Proverbs 3:13-15)

The rewards of wisdom include among other of life's greatest treasures:
    Understanding - Proverbs 3:13-14, 8:12 ; Psalm 111:10 (NLT)
    Happiness (Blessed) - Proverbs 3:13, 8:34; Psalm 112, 119:1-2
    Long Life - Proverbs 3:16, 8:35
    Riches & Honor - Proverbs 3:16, 8:18-21
    Peace - Proverbs 3:17 (KJV)
    Protection - Proverbs 4:6
    Good Judgement - Proverbs 4:7 (NLT); Proverbs 8:12
    God's Favor & Approval - Proverbs 8:35

The LORD by wisdom hath founded the earth, by understanding hath he established the heavens. By his knowledge the depths are broken up, and the clouds drop down the dew. [Proverbs 3:19-20 KJV] The LORD formed or created wisdom before the foundations of the earth were created or before creation (see Proverbs 8:22-31)

"But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption....." (1 Cor 1:30 KJV)
    "God alone made it possible for you to be in Christ Jesus. For our benefit God made Christ to be wisdom itself. He is the one who made us acceptable to God. He made us pure and holy, and he gave himself to purchase our freedom." (1 Cor 1:30 NLT)

The Rewards or Benefits of Belonging To Jesus Christ:
    Eternal Life - John 1:4, 14:6
    Wisdom - 1 Cor 1:30
    Righteousness (Made Acceptable to God) - 1 Cor 1:30 ; John 14:6
    Sanctification (Made Pure & Holy) - 1 Cor 1:30
    Redemption (Christ Purchased Our Freedom With His Blood) - 1 Cor 1:30
    Salvation (Christ Saved or Rescued Us From Sin) - Romans 10:4-13
    Grace - (Christ Provides Access To Unmerited Favor/Blessings of God) - John 14:6
    Truth - (Christ Provides Access to the Truth of God's Word) - John 14:6
    Holy Spirit (Christ Provides Access to the Comforter, Counselor, the One who guides into all truth) - John 16:5-16
    Preservation (Protection)
    Wholeness (Health or completeness in spirit, mind, body, emotions, finances, family, & all aspects of life balance)
    Companionship - Partners in tribulation (suffering) and in the Kingdom and patience of Jesus Christ (in patient endurance) - Rev 1:9 KJV, NLT

Jesus Christ is supreme over all of creation and it pleased God to have all of his fullness resident in Christ. (see Colossians 1:15-20) Thus the fearful and unbelieving would greatly offend God and be justly condemned to the lake of fire (the second death). [Revelation 21:8]

All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

REVELATION 21
    (Continued)

Revelation 21:9-10
    One of the seven angels who had the seven bowls full of the seven last plagues came and said to me, "Come, I will show you the bride, the wife of the Lamb."

(10) and he carried me away in the Spirit to a mountain great and high, and showed me the Holy City, Jerusulem, coming down out of heaven from God. [NIV]

One of the seven angels with the most severe and complete judgements of God came to John. Which one of the seven, were not identified specifically. (see Revelation 15:1, 7-8) The pouring out of the seven bowls (vials) by the seven last angels is described in Revelation 16; this caused the inhabitants of earth to curse God.

It was indicated before that....one of the seven angels, who had the seven bowls, had come to John, to show him the fate of the great prostitute (end time Babylon). This could have been the same angel, as mentioned in Revelation 21:9-10, or one of the other seven last angels. In this instance, John was also carried away in the Spirit or transported spiritually, but it was to witness God's judgement of Babylon the Great (the great prostitute). John was taken to a desert; a place of harsh and barren conditions. (see Revelation 17:1-3)

The angel is now transporting John in the Spirit to see the bride, the wife of the Lamb. The Lamb is Jesus Christ. John is traveling in spiritual ectasy, by the power of the Holy Spirit, to an exaulted place on high, a great and high mountain. John was witnessing the Holy City, the New Jerusalem, floating down out of heaven from God. (see Revelation 21:1, 9-10) With the pouring out of the seven last bowls of God's wrath, the destruction of earth, and the final judgement of end time Babylon; nothing of the old earth will remain. God will make all things new, and wipe away all tears.

All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

REVELATION 21
    (Continued)

Revelation 21:10, 11-14 [NIV]

(10) And he carried me away in the Spirit to a mountain great and high, and showed me the Holy City, Jerusulem, coming down out of heaven from God.

(11) It shone with the glory of God, and its brilliance was like that of a very precious jewel, like a jasper, clear as crystal.

(12) It had a great, high wall with twelve gates, and with twelve angels at the gates. On the gates were written the names of the twelve tribes of Israel.

(13) There were three gates on the east, three on the north, three on the south and three on the west.

(14) The wall of the city had twelve foundations, and on them were the names of the twelve apostles of the Lamb.

The Apostle John begins to describe "the Holy City" , "the New Jerusalem". The Holy City exquisitely combines elements of Jerusalem, the Temple, the Garden of Eden, the Twelve Tribes of Israel, the Twelve Apostles, the Twelve Precious Stones (similar to the twelve precious stones of the Priestly Breast Plate), the River of Life, the Tree of Life on both sides of the River bearing twelve types of fruit. (see Revelation 21:2 -----22:5)

The Holy City had such awesome brilliance that the sun , moon, and stars were not needed for light. The glory of God was the light of the Holy City. The brilliance of the Holy City, Jerusalem was described to be like a precious jewel, like a jasper. (Revelation 21:11)

The jasper jewel or stone was the first precious stone listed of twelve stones, decorating the twelve foundations of the city wall. (Revelation 21:14,19-20) John described the wall of the city as being very high, and having twelve gates, that were guarded by twelve angels. On the gates, the names of the Twelve Tribes of Israel were written. (Revelation 21:12)

The positioning of the twelve gates, that contained the names of the Twelve Tribes of Israel, were located by threes, to the east, north, south, and west. (Revelation 21:13) This strategic positioning is similar to the encampment of the Children of Israel while in the Wilderness. This positioning was maintained while in the camp, during travel, and when marching into warfare.

The high wall, in addition to the twelve gates, had twelve foundations. The twelve foundations contained the names of the twelve apostles of the Lamb (Jesus Christ). [Revelation 21:14]

The foundations of the city walls were decorated with twelve precious stones (Revelation 21:14, 19-20)
    1) Jasper
    2) Sapphire
    3) Chalcedony
    4) Emerald
    5) Sardonyx
    6) Carnelian
    7) Chrysolite
    8) Beryl
    9) Topaz
    10)Chrysoprase
    11)Jacinth
    12)Amethyst

The Priestly Breast Plate found in the Pentateuch (First Five Books of the Old Testament) contained four rows of precious stones, for making Godly decisions. (Exodus 28:15-28, 39:8-21)

Row 1- Ruby Topaz Beryl
    Row 2- Turquoise Sapphire Emerald
    Row 3- Jacinth Agate Amethyst
    Row 4- Chrysolite Onyx Jasper

There is extensive mention of the number twelve throughout the description of the "Holy City". Number twelve is a holy number, a number representing completeness, and continuity. The linkages and continuity between the New Testament Church (via the Apostles) and the Old Testament people of God (via the Twelve Tribes of Israel), can be seen in the imagery of the Scriptures.

All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

REVELATION 21
    (Continued)

Revelation 21:15-17
    The angel who talked to me held in his hand a gold mesuring stick to measure the city, its gates, and its wall.

(16) When he measured it, he found it was a square, as wide as it was long. In fact, it was in the form of a cube, for it's length and width and height were each 1,400 miles.

(17) Then he measured the walls and found them to be 216 feet thick (the angel used a standard human measure). [NLT]

The angel who was talking with John took measurements of the city, its gates, and its wall. He used a gold measuring stick to complete his measurements. The dimensions of the Holy City were huge, and in the form of a cube or square. The length, width, and height were the same 1400 miles (12,000 furlongs in KJV; 12,000 stadia in Greek, 2,220 kilometers). [Rev. 21:15-16]

The wall was 216 feet thick (144 cubits in KJV; 144 cubits in Greek, 65 meters). [Rev. 21:17]

A link has been provided to give further insight into the immensity of the Holy City. http://revelation101.blogspot.com/20...jerusalem.html

All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

REVELATION 21
    (Continued)

Revelation 21:18-21 The wall was made of jasper, and the city was pure gold, as clear as glass.

(19) The wall of the city was built on foundation stones inlaid with twelve gems: the first was jasper, the second sapphire, the third agate, the fourth emerald,

(20) the fifth onyx, the sixth carnelian, the seventh chrysolite, the eighth beryl, the ninth topaz, the tenth chrysoprase, the eleventh jacinth, the twelfth amethyst.

(21) The twelve gates were made of pearls--each gate from a single pearl! And the main street was pure gold, as clear as glass. [NLT]

The Apostle John continues to describe the exquisite imagery of "the Holy City", "the New Jerusalem". The wall of the city was made of jasper [Rev. 21:18 NLT] The jasper was first among twelve precious gems, that decorated the foundations of the city wall. The jasper stone is also found on the priestly breast plate described in Exodus. (see post # 107) The city wall was 1400 miles in length, height, and width; and the wall was 216 feet thick. Made with jasper; awesome. (see post # 108)

The city was pure gold. Unimaginable purity, far exceeding our 0.9999 purity standards for gold. Spot price for gold today is $1766/oz and that is down $11/oz since 9/27/12. Just try to imagine the amount of the purest gold in existence that "the Holy City" "the New Jerusalem" will contain. This will make the accumulated wealth throughout the ages seem like poverty.

The wall was built upon foundation stones that were inlaid with twelve precious stones..... [Rev. 21:19] There were twelve foundation stones with the names of the twelve Apostles written on them. [Rev. 21:14] See post # 107 for the twelve precious stones that decorated the foundations of the city wall. [See Rev. 21:19-20]

The number twelve is a holy number, signifying completeness. Jesus Christ is the corner stone of our faith and salvation. [Matthew 21:42; 1 Peter 2:6-8]

The gates, all twelve of them, were made from a single pearl. [Rev. 21:21] The gates were huge. The pearls were of beauty, purity, and of immeasurable value. Twelve angels guarded the gates, and the names of the Twelve Tribes of Israel were on the gates. [Rev. 21:12]

The main street of the city was pure gold. [Revelation 21:21]

All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

REVELATION 21
    (Continued)

Revelation 21:22-23 I did not see a temple in the city, because the LORD God Almighty and the Lamb are its temple.

(23) The city does not need the sun or the moon to shine on it, for the glory of God gives it light, and the Lamb is its lamp. [NIV]

The Apostle John continued describing the holy city, the New Jerusalem. John stated that he did not see a temple in the city. The Temple was the holy structure built as a dwelling place for the LORD. The first temple built was completed by King Solomon. (1 Kings 6) The Temple was patterned after the Tabernacle (Tent of Meeting). King David's intent was to build the Temple, but God did not allow him, as he was a man of war. (2 Samuel 7:1-17)

Moses had received instructions from the LORD for the building of the Tabernacle, during the wilderness journey of the Children of Israel. (see Exodus 25:8-9; Exodus 26) The Tabernacle was also referred to as the Tent of Meeting. (Exodus 27:21;40:1) After the Tabernacle was completed, the Glory of the LORD filled the Tabernacle. (Exodus 40:33-35)

During the building of the more durable Tabernacle, Moses took a tent outside the camp, and called it the tent of meeting. (Exodus 33:7) This was where the people came to consult with God.

So the fact that there was no temple in the city, may have surprised John initially. However, John sees and notes, that it is because the LORD God Almighty and the Lamb are its temple. (Revelation 21:22) Jesus Christ promised to make all things new......a new covenant by His blood, a new heaven and a new earth, and a New Jerusalem.

The Temple of God and the Lamb are more than a building, but encompass relationship with the people of God. The Apostle Paul stated that the people of God are God's temple as His Spirit resides in them. (see 1 Corinthians 3:16, 6:19; 2 Corinthians 6:16)

The Apostle John also noted that there was no need for the lesser lights of the sun and the moon in the city. The very Glory of God provided the light for the city and the Lamb was its lamp. (Revelation 21:23; John 1:6-14; Hebrews 1:3) Ezekiel described the awesomeness of the Glory of the LORD in his visions of God's glory. (Ezekiel 43:1-4)

Thread Information