Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314

Thread: REVELATION (Part 2)

View burgyeb's Feedback (+946)
    All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: REVELATION (Part 2)

Quote Originally Posted by ropegg View Post
    Ava, it looks like you are almost finished with the book of Revelation and I have enjoyed it very much. You have done a lot of research and may God bless you greatly for it. I pray that many others have and will be blessed too. Thanks and Blessings in 2013.

Thank you Peggy. God has been blessing me throughout the book of Revelation. It has been a priviledge to share God's Word with others. I also pray that others have been and will be blessed by the Word of God. May God's richest blessing be with you, and all who visit this thread, as we enter 2013.

View burgyeb's Feedback (+946)
    All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: REVELATION (Part 2)

REVELATION 22
    (Continued)

Revelation 22:21 The grace of the Lord Jesus be with God's people. Amen. [NIV]

Revelation 22:21
    The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all. Amen. [KJV]

The Scriptures contain opening greetings of blessing and closing benedictions. These invocations of blessing occur throughout the Old Testament, the Gospels, and the New Testament of the Bible. A benediction is defined as "the invocation of a blessing" or "the short blessing that concludes public worship", in Merriam Webster's Collegiate Dictionary, 10th Edition.

Revelation 22:21 is a benediction, that focuses on Jesus Christ and the gift of his grace. This benediction is being given to The Church. The entire Church, which would include the 7 Churches of the Roman Province of Asia, the Redeemed Church, the Apostate Church, the Universal Church of God. Grace means unmerited favor, through Jesus Christ. It is available to all who repent and turn to God, accepting the free gift of grace through Jesus Christ.

In 1 Cointhians 1:3, the Apostle Paul gives an opening greeting that blesses......."Grace be unto you, and peace, from God our Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ." [KJV] Paul's benediction, closing blessing in 1 Corinthians 16:23 points to Jesus........The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you." [KJV]

A trinitarian (tri-part) form of benediction, or parting blessing can be seen in 2 Corinthians 13:14 ........"May the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with you all."

Moses was instructed by the LORD to speak with Aaron and his sons, to put His Name on the children of Israel by saying.........
    "The LORD bless thee, and keep thee: The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee : The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace." [KJV]

May the Blessings of God rest upon you all in the coming year! Happy New Year in 2013!

Thread Information