Thread: REVELATION (Part 2)

Forum Lurker
    Nutter Fort, West Virginia, United States
    View rhoover77's Feedback (+5)
    All-About rhoover77
    View rhoover77's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: REVELATION (Part 2)

Tell me this wheres the proof of all this, and if there is proof, then who made god, and if you spell god backwards it spells dog,

View burgyeb's Feedback (+946)
    All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by burgyeb View Post
    REVELATION 19

Revelation 19:1-3
    After this, I heard the sound of a vast crowd in heaven shouting, "Hallelujah! Salvation is from God. Glory and power belong to him alone.

(2) His judgements are just and true. He has punished the great prostitute who corrupted the earth with her immorality, and he has avenged the murder of his servants."

(3) Again and again their voices rang, "Hallelujah! The smoke from that city ascends forever and forever!" [NLT]

Both Revelation 18 and 19 start with similar phrases "And after these things...." (18 KJV); "After all this...." (18 NLT); "And after these things...." (19 KJV); "After this...." (19 NLT)

The "After all this...." of Revelation 18 is referring to all that had preceeded, including the judgements of God that unfolded in increasing intensity; in the form of 7 seals, 7 trumpets, and 7 vials (bowls). The opening of the 1st six seals in Revelation 6, will occur during the first half of the Tribulation Period.

Following the opening of the first 6 seals, there is a pause, for the preservation of God's people, before the sounding of the seventh trumpet. The 144,000 were marked with the seal of God (Rev. 7:1-8); and "a vast crowd, too great to count, from every nation and tribe and people and language, standing in front of the throne and before the Lamb." (Rev. 7:9-10, 13-17)

The opening of the 7th seal in Revelation 8-9, contains the first six trumpet judgements of God. This also will occur during the first half of the Tribulation Period.

The sounding of the 7th trumpet in Revelation 11:15 will correlate with the beginning of the 2nd half of the Tribulation Period. The seven vial (bowl) judgements of God described in Revelaton 15:5-8 and chapter 16 occur during the second half of the Tribulation Period. The angel's interpretation of Babylon (Revelation 17) is explained to John; and then......"After all this...." (Rev. 18:1 NLT) the Fall of Babylon is described (Rev. 18)

The..."After these things...." (KJV) or "After this...." (NLT) in Revelation 19 is referring specifically to the "Fall of Babylon" that occurred in Revelation 18. (see Revelation 19:1-3) After this, after the destruction of Babylon, the scene shifts to heaven, and John is recording events that he is witnessing in heaven.

A vast crowd (a great multitude) are described as giving massive praise and worship to God. Who is this vast crowd? This great multitude of people shouting and praising God include the saints who were killed during the first half of the Tribulation Period. They are seen when the 5th seal was opened in Revelation 6:9-11. These were given white robes, told to rest until their fellow brethren to be killed as they were, was completed. In Revelation 7:9-10,13-17 we see a scene depicting saints in heaven. They were described as "those coming out of great tribulation." (Rev. 7:13-14) This will occur before the opening of the 7th seal (Rev. 8:1)

Included in this vast crowd (great multitude) will also be all the prophets, saints, people of God who were killed throughout the ages, starting with Abel from the beginning of time. God's people on earth during the second half of the Tribulation Period will be encouraged to endure persecution patiently. A special promise is given to all who die in the LORD from that period on. (see Revelation 14:12-13)

This vast crowd seen in heaven will incude all who have died because of their witness for the LORD from the beginning, throughout the ages, and during the entire Tribulation Period. (see Revelation 19:1-3, 6)

Revelation 19:4-5 Then the twenty-four elders and the four living beings fell down and worshiped God, who was sitting on the throne. They cried out, "Amen! Hallelujah!"

(5) And from the throne came a voice that said, "Praise our God, all his servants, from the least to the greatest, all who fear him. [NLT]

The twenty-four elders and the four living beings join in the massive praise that is going up to God. The twenty-four elders are the Twelve Tribes of Israel and the Twelve Apostles; representing Israel and the Church. The four living beings represent the angelic host of God.

The voice coming from the throne is the voice of Jesus Christ. He is calling on all the servants of God, all those who fear Him, to worship Him. This scene depicts a prophesy fulfilled, that is found in Psalm 22 of a Suffering Messiah. " They have pierced my hands and my feet. I can count every bone in my body. My enemies stare at me and gloat. They divide my clothes among themselves and throw dice for my garments..........Rescue me.......from these dogs........Then I will declare the wonder of your name..........I will praise you among all your people. Praise the LORD, all you who fear him!" [Psalm 22:16- 23 NLT]

Those who fear the LORD, are being called upon to praise Him. To fear the LORD is to reverence Him. Reverence for the LORD is the foundation of true wisdom. The rewards of wisdom come to all who obey Him. [Psalm 111:10 NLT]

Forum Lurker
    All-About rhoover77
    Forum Posts

Anyone could have written that, its all hog-wash, and no one can prove anything!

All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rhoover77 View Post
    Anyone could have written that, its all hog-wash, and no one can prove anything!
    Your comments are hogwash. Even a hog could have written that. But stick around.......who knows, you might even get saved.

Forum Lurker
    All-About rhoover77
    Forum Posts

no hogwash just asking for some type of proof if god exsists but since of all the people i try to ask just like to ramble it proves a points for me.

All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Why don't you ask God. It is called prayer. Why don't you ask God to reveal Himself to you? I have asked God to do that for me, many years ago, and He did. No person could do that for me. That is your problem.......you keep asking people.........you need to ask God. Stop playing with Him, and that will improve your chances of getting an answer.

P.S. Before you ask Him, apologize first (say you are sorry for he things you said about Him; it is called repentance).

Forum Lurker
    All-About rhoover77
    Forum Posts

I see, why pray to something thats not there? Or something that you can not see? And pray to something that one person that can not prove? Can you prove it? Besides a book written over time by many people?

All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by burgyeb View Post
    Revelation 19:4-5 Then the twenty-four elders and the four living beings fell down and worshiped God, who was sitting on the throne. They cried out, "Amen! Hallelujah!"

(5) And from the throne came a voice that said, "Praise our God, all his servants, from the least to the greatest, all who fear him. [NLT]

The twenty-four elders and the four living beings join in the massive praise that is going up to God. The twenty-four elders are the Twelve Tribes of Israel and the Twelve Apostles; representing Israel and the Church. The four living beings represent the angelic host of God.

The voice coming from the throne is the voice of Jesus Christ. He is calling on all the servants of God, all those who fear Him, to worship Him. This scene depicts a prophesy fulfilled, that is found in Psalm 22 of a Suffering Messiah. " They have pierced my hands and my feet. I can count every bone in my body. My enemies stare at me and gloat. They divide my clothes among themselves and throw dice for my garments..........Rescue me.......from these dogs........Then I will declare the wonder of your name..........I will praise you among all your people. Praise the LORD, all you who fear him!" [Psalm 22:16- 23 NLT]

Those who fear the LORD, are being called upon to praise Him. To fear the LORD is to reverence Him. Reverence for the LORD is the foundation of true wisdom. The rewards of wisdom come to all who obey Him. [Psalm 111:10 NLT]

Revelation 19:6-8 Then I heard what sounded like a great multitude, like the roar of rushing waters and like loud peals of thunder,shouting: "Hallelujah! For our Lord God Almighty reigns.

(7) Let us rejoice and be glad and give him glory! For the wedding of the Lamb has come, and his bride has made herself ready.

(8) Fine linen, bright and clean, was given her to wear." (Fine linen, stands for the righteous acts of the saints.)

John heard the roar of a great multitude responding to the call to praise the Lord God Almighty. Those in heaven were rejoicing over the wedding of the Lamb. The Lamb depicts the Suffering Messiah who came into the world to die for the sins of humanity. The Lamb was mentioned first in the Book of Revelation in chapter 5. The Lamb was proclaimed worthy to open the seven seals of the scroll. The Lamb was depicted receiving worship and praise from the four living creatures, the twenty four elders, and thousands upon thousands of angels. In a loud voice they sang: "Worthy is the Lamb, who was slain, to receive power and wealth and wisdom and strength and honor and glory and praise!" [Revelation 5:12 NIV]

The Lamb is Jesus Christ. When John the Baptist saw Jesus, he said, "Look, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world!" [John 1:29 NIV] The servants of God in heaven are rejoicing about the wedding of the Lamb. The bride of the Lamb (the Church or the people of God) is described as making herself ready; putting on the fine linen, bright and clean, that was given to her to wear. [Rev. 19:7-8]

The fine linen represents the righteous acts or works of the saints. The fine linens were given to the bride. "But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption..." [I Cor 1:30 KJV] "God alone made it possible for you to be in Christ Jesus. For our benefit God made Christ to be wisdom itself. He is the one who made us acceptable to God. He made us pure and holy, and he gave himself to purchase our freedom." [I Cor 1:30 NLT] "It is because of him that you are in Christ Jesus, who has become for us wisdom from God - that is, our righteousness, holiness, and redemption." [I Cor 1:30 NIV]

All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Revelation 19:9-10 Then the angel said to me, "Write: 'Blessed are those who are invited to the wedding supper of the Lamb! And he added, "These are the true words of God."

(10) At this I fell at his feet to worship him. But he said to me, "Do not do it! I am a fellow servant with you and with your brothers who hold to the testimony of Jesus. Worship God! For the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophesy." [NIV]

The angel told John to write down that those invited to the wedding supper of the Lamb were blessed. Blessed means happy, true happiness. John was in awe of the angel before him. John fell at the angel's feet to worship him. The angel told John not to do that; that he was a fellow servant of God. In Revelation 5:12, John had witnessed thousands upon thousands of angels worshipping Jesus, along with the other heavenly hosts. John is told to "Worship God." (see Rev. 19:10 NIV)

The introduction to Revelation states....."The revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave to him to show his servants what must soon take place. He made it known by sending his angel to his servant John, who testifies to everything he saw - that is, the word of God and the testimony of Jesus Christ. [Rev. 1:1-2 NIV]

When John had seen Jesus in Revelation chapter 1, he fell at his feet. Jesus did not tell John not to worship him, he told John "Do not be afraid". Jesus stated, "I am the First and the Last. I am the Living One; I was dead, and behold I am alive for ever and ever! And I hold the keys of death and Hades." [Rev. 1:17 NIV]

The angel in contrast, told John "Do not worship me.......Worship God." (see Rev. 19:10) "For the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophesy." [Revelation 19:10 NIV] The testimony of Jesus may mean that the message of Jesus is the very essence of prophesy; or that his message is given to his prophets by the spirit. The entire purpose of Revelation is to reveal Jesus Christ, and God's redemptive purpose for mankind and the earth.

All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

The entire purpose of Revelation is to reveal Jesus Christ. This actually would include God's plan for the redemption of mankind and the earth. Post #80 addressed some of the key witnesses of the reality of Jesus Christ. Wisdom itself testified and gave witness to the LORD.

Does not wisdom call out? Does not understanding raise her voice? On the heights along the way, where the paths meet, she takes her stand......... "To you, O men, I call out; I raise my voice to all mankind......." [Proverbs 8:1-4 NIV] "I, wisdom, dwell together with prudence; I possess knowledge and discretion...." [Proverbs 8:12]

"The LORD brought me forth as the first of his works, before his deeds of old; I was appointed from eternity, from the beginning, before the world began. When there were no oceans, I was given birth, .........before the mountains...........before the hills.......before he made the earth..........I was there when he set the heavens in place.........when he gave the sea it's boundary..........and when he marked out the foundations of the earth. Then I was the craftsman at his side. I was filled with delight day after day, rejoicing always in his presence, rejoicing in his whole world and delighting in mankind." [Proverbs 8:22-31]

Wisdom goes on calling all of mankind to listen to her and be blessed. Wisdom goes on to describe the blessings and favor of the LORD, that will be received by all who love and listen to her. [Proverbs 8:32-36] John had identified Jesus as "the Word" and as "Creator of all things" (see John 1:1-3,10)

Thread Information