My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Cocktails!!! and Music

Default Re: Cocktails!!! and Music

Hi Trish, hope your daughter and son in law are ok over in Stapleford. We are in Mansfield which at the moment has one of the lowest rates of infection in the county. As a family we are happy with the decision to lump us in with the rest of the county.

I have been busy listing lots of stuff over the last few months, been told I need to de-clutter!!

Just on tune tonight from the Oyster Band

Some days, I just don't know about me. I took pictures for you all and then signed off without posting them. The big news is, #1 quilt is done and I have the backing material for #2. might have them done by Christmas.
    Name:  NEGquilt1.jpg
Views: 77
Size:  54.6 KBName:  NEGquilt2.jpg
Views: 80
Size:  33.8 KBName:  NEGquilt3.jpg
Views: 84
Size:  70.0 KBName:  NEGquilt4.jpg
Views: 81
Size:  34.1 KBName:  NEGquilt5.jpg
Views: 79
Size:  43.6 KB

I finished it yesterday and it was a challenge. A friend came and helped with the cutting of the binding as I had never cut multiple layers with my rotary cutter or sewn on a binding. We had a nice evening chatting and stitching. Tonight we are going to Sewing Club for Sew and Tell. In the meantime Lisa has selected the fabric for her quilt and I'm awaiting a call from the quilting lady to take #2 to her. Then I have some blocks to figure out what to do with them. I have a genealogy on the Glenn family and while researching to see what I could learn about Nellie I read that the author only knew that the origin of Glenn is the British Isles. Does anyone know if it is Welsh, Irish, or what?

I am going to take some time and sew on some other projects. The quilt lady kept #1 about a month, so I have some playtime. I can't believe I'm actually going to get this quilt in the mail before the Holiday season. I just hope my DIL likes it.

One of the teachers at school has tested positive for Covid-19. She was a substitute, but the 11 3rd graders are all now at home in quarantine. One of them is a grandson to a friend and he is quarantined from grandma. She is not happy. On top of it all great grandma of the child is in a nursing home and the sister of his grandma tested positive and went to see great grandma, so now the nursing home is in quarantine. And sister is a nurse who should know better. Ah well, so it goes. It's disappointing as Wyoming was doing so well during the last wave.

My neighbors are painting their house blue with dark blue trim. This is the house that they tore the siding off of this summer. It was vinyl siding and probably not put on properly, so I can't say as I blame them. The daughter and husband are working hard at it and doing a good job, but progress is slow as they live in Colorado and have to work also. The gist of all this is I no longer live next door to the "white" house. The house on the other side is white, but further away.

Sadie has decided the birds cannot sit on her fence and chases them away every time she goes outside. She has also learned how to play ball. She would always chase it, but wouldn't bring it back. Now she brings it back and complains loudly if I don't throw it again when she is ready. Note that I said when she is ready.

Hope you are all well and happy, or at least comfortable.
    Last edited by wyocowgirl1; 13th October 2020 at 08:31 PM.
    <a href=http://us.ebid.net/stores/Princess-Os-Treasures target=_blank><font color=#111111><span style=font-family: Tahoma>http://us.ebid.net/stores/Princess-Os-Treasures</span></font></a>

I YDC, Do you?

View HerMajesty's Feedback (+1863)
    All-About HerMajesty
    View HerMajesty's Listings
    Forum Posts

WY---That is gorgeous!! Well done! You quilter also did a lovely job! Looking forward to seeing the next one,

Sorry you have some unthinking people around.....I hope no one suffers because of them

Glenn, as a family name is generally Irish.
    Ta-Ta for now!

HerMajesty

Slide Inn for Vintage 35mm photographic slides
    https://uk.ebid.net/stores/Slide-Inn

ALSO!! Click below to see my store, THE BEE'S KNEES!
    https://the-bees-knees.ebid.net

Laurencekirk, Aberdeenshire, United Kingdom
    View Maelbrigda's Feedback (+2605)
    All-About Maelbrigda
    View Maelbrigda's Listings
    Forum Posts

Lovely quilt Wyo. I can see that months of work went into it. you should be really proud.
    Simply Handmade all my handmade items
    Maelbrigda's Bits and Pieces For Clothing and Jewellery, Ornaments, Odds & Ends & Much More
    Craft Store Crafty bits & pieces. Patterns, Card, Yarn, Stamps and more
    Books, Blu Rays, DVD's, CD's and Vinyl Records
    https://www.ebid.net/uk/stores/The-Pagan-Tree

Please have a look. I combine postage wherever possible.

It has been cloudy and rainy all day here, I hope some of it has fallen on the fires in the mountains. I have a friend living on a farm near Longmont and she can see a lot of the Cameron fire and it appears there is a fire now to the south of her in Allenspark. So, I have been asking for rain and thinking about getting out my rain dance since I don't have a Cadillac to wash. That is a reference to an old Wyoming joke - What do the Sioux do to get rain? They wash the chief's Cadillac. Wa Wa Wa

I have spent the afternoon doing laundry and perusing Etsy for pin cushion patterns (I purchased 3). Our Sewing Club has a pin cushion exchange at Christmas and last Tuesday at the meeting we were reminded of that. It's a purely volunteer thing, but it is fun and they are all home made, so lots of fun to see what everyone does. I found a really cute set a big dog and a small dog head. I wonder if I can find some white fabric with brown spots? I took my neighbor across the street with me to Sewing Club and she says it was a blast. I think it is a lot of fun. We have "sew and tell", and some demonstrations. This time it was button sewing on your machine, fringe flowers, and "Y" Seams. I asked, you mean like a gusset and no one except my neighbor seemed to understand, but yes it was like a gusset. I had to take a picture of the Monster Doll as the little girl I made her for all ready has her. and I took Grandma's quilt, but we didn't pass that around. I took #2 quilt top to the quilter Wednesday.

Thank you all for loving my quilt. I am holding it until Wednesday so my bowling buddy can see it and then I am sending it to my son. I broke down and told him it was done as my ex's new wife called and told him his step father was in the hospital (Stepfather lives in a nursing home as he has Parkinson's). The kid was rather worried, so I told him and I told him the pictures were on Facebook so he could look. That cheered him up a bit.

My ex has been in the hospital with an infection in his lungs. I understand the Dr. gave him a Covid-19 test, I'll bet it comes back positive. It seems that if you get a test it comes back positive. Although Buddy's Mom came back negative. The latest is that he has been telling the nurses his jokes (they are really bad) So, we know that he is feeling better, but still in ICU.

Another of my younger friends in Boulder (56 years old) died in his sleep of a heart attack. A nice person, but no services because of Covid-19.

I am trying to figure out how to vote. I must do so soon. If Trump wins we are in for another 4 years of impeachment hearings, wild accusations (as if the truth isn't bad enough) and whatever else the DNC can come up with to grab the news cycles. If Biden wins we have Kamala for 4 or 8 years. I want a circle for None of the above. I don't remember voting for the winner very many times in my life - guess I'm fussy, so I thought I might sell my vote to the highest bidder. I will vote for their opponent for a shamelessly large bribe.

Guess that's all I was going to tell you all - stay healthy.
    Last edited by wyocowgirl1; 18th October 2020 at 11:34 PM.
    <a href=http://us.ebid.net/stores/Princess-Os-Treasures target=_blank><font color=#111111><span style=font-family: Tahoma>http://us.ebid.net/stores/Princess-Os-Treasures</span></font></a>

I YDC, Do you?

Hey, all!

Just a quick pop in to check on everybody - seems all are doing okay but we still haven't heard from Pos????

I've been "in bed sick" for several weeks - NOT Covid. Not that I can actually stay in bed - got to make sure everybody is fed, but I'm feeling better now. Haven't been shopping in town for a month so that's where I'm off to today. Will probably be out of pocket for a while longer as I get caught up with preps for winter - I think it's going to be cold and wet

"Kids" are all doing fine - Buster and Jake took good care of me - LOL!!! I ended up with 8 new chickens for the season - most all are Aracuna - blue egg layers. Have one Roo for sure - he is going through his "teenage" stage learning to crow - cracks me up! LOL!! Mama and new kittens are getting settled in the house and have been quite entertaining!

Y'all take care!!

Shes

Laurencekirk, Aberdeenshire, United Kingdom
    View Maelbrigda's Feedback (+2605)
    All-About Maelbrigda
    View Maelbrigda's Listings
    Forum Posts

Sorry to hear you were ill Shes. I have suffered depression all my life but lockdown really made me much worse not being able to see my family and my 2 friends. Your quilt was amazing Wyo, I wouldnt want it being passed around either. Here in Scotland groups cannot meet and the mental health group i go to hasnt met since March. I;ve been crafting a lot and adding to my rather large collection of handmade cards and boxes. Wish someone would let us know how Pos is.
    Simply Handmade all my handmade items
    Maelbrigda's Bits and Pieces For Clothing and Jewellery, Ornaments, Odds & Ends & Much More
    Craft Store Crafty bits & pieces. Patterns, Card, Yarn, Stamps and more
    Books, Blu Rays, DVD's, CD's and Vinyl Records
    https://www.ebid.net/uk/stores/The-Pagan-Tree

Please have a look. I combine postage wherever possible.

Forum Newbie
    View TribesAndVibes's Feedback (+4)
    All-About TribesAndVibes
    View TribesAndVibes's Listings
    Forum Posts

[QUOTE=wyocowgirl1;1722295][COLOR=#006400]Some days, I just don't know about me. I took pictures for you all and then signed off without posting them. The big news is, #1 quilt is done and I have the backing material for #2. might have them done by Christmas.

Hi WYO - I just saw your sunflower quilts - woweee you are so clever, that's beautiful! Congratties on what looks like a very fiddly project well done!
    Terri x

Hello everyone!
    Big welcome to Terri, always lovely to hear from a new visitor to the the cocktail and music lounge. Pull up a chair and make yourself comfy!

Shes, so sad to hear that you have been unwell, I know what a busy life you lead with all the critters you have to care for, and also the hard work that you do to your property and surroundings. Hope your shopping trip went well and you got stocked up for the winter. Have a healing hug from your ole mate (((((xxx)))))

Penni, you are not alone with your feelings of depression, especially being separated from your family.
    I too am feeling depressed, I haven't been able to have the grandchildren here for a very long time. I have chatted with them on skype but it's not the same as having them here to stay, they are all growing so quickly and I miss them all so much.

Wyo, I think we are all swooning with admiration at your exquisite handiwork re the quilt and other projects that you have shown us.
    You sure are one talented gal, jolly well done!
    I don't envy you with regards to voting - I will not say more as I might incriminate myself!
    Oh, BTW - have you made any dee-licious stews, hotpots and bread that you could share? I love your recipes and always have the ole begging bowl at the ready!

Hi there books, yes my family are OK in Stapleford, we skyped yesterday - it was lovely to see them all. (It was Teagan's birthday, so a bit sad that we could not all be together to celebrate).

Here is a link to some good old oldies ....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vGH4wT3o1DU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6iBclM2CkI

I too am wondering about our Pos .... I wish we could find out how he is, sure miss him.

PS; Crikey, I forgot to welcome our most gracious Majesty for popping in, sorry Ma'am.
    May I make amends by offering a little tipple?
    Philpott is welcome too .....

Something for everyone ...

Last edited by Tropical_Trish; 19th October 2020 at 08:33 PM.
    Visit my clothes store -here
    Look in my treasure in trove ! here
    For
    soy wax candles, tarts & melts click here
    For trading cards click here
    Visit my Tazo barhere

Nice to see a few more folk popping in for a cocktail or a pint and a good old natter. We have some very creative folk here amongst the eBid gang. Also lots of nice stories about the various animals that you all keep, the best I can do are my fish in the pond up the garden, mostly goldfish (around 50) and a couple of Koi. I have to admit here that I am not a big lover of pets myself but do understand how they can be a great boon to those who do love them. The fish generally look after themselves being fed with a few fish pellets most days and every now and then clearing out the dead water lillies is all I have to do. It is so nice to stand and watch them swimming around and so peaceful with the sound of running water from a small fountain and waterfall.

Like Trish I was wondering what has happened to Pos, hope he is ok.

Anyway, here's one last cartwheel of the year

And it's time to rock

Thin Lizzy
    Free
    The Hollies
    Geordie
    Nutz
    Dragon
    Charlie
    Starz
    Sweet
    Babe Ruth
    Eddie & The Hot Rods
    Heart
    The Who

Ok some you will have heard of and heard the tunes many times, others will be new to you. All are great rock tunes , Geordie was the band that AC/DC singer Brian Johnson sang with, Nutz, & Charlie bands that I saw many times in the seventies in small rock clubs. The Sweet track was a B side on one of their pop hits and a truer reflection of what they really wanted to play. Hope you enjoy.

Thread Information