eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Cocktails!!! and Music

Forum Saint
    View adruml's Feedback (+1138)
    All-About adruml
    View adruml's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Cocktails!!! and Music

Moths don't bother me however, the pictures I posted is the first experience I've had with this type of moth. I'm used to the butterfly type moth, not that beast.

Now spiders!!?? Scare the heck outta me!! Any size any type.

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

Yikes, Trish, that is a big spider! I don't care for spiders either, I can squash the smaller ones without flinching, but the big ones tend to spook me, though I do eventually manage to squash them, too, otherwise I spend half the day worrying about whether or not they'll bite me when I'm sleeping. That might be the one thing I need a man for, though Winston does tend to eat the ones he finds, LOL.

Wyo, glad Onika is feeling better, it's always trying when our babies are ill. Give her an extra treat. :

Called the vet today to find out about dog friendly walking spots in the area, (we got chased out of a nearby park yesterday by a jerk), and the vet mentioned the Cape Fear River walking trail which I'd not heard of before, (I may live here but I don't get out much). Googled it this morning and, weather permitting, we'll tackle it tomorrow, or at least part of it, as it's 4 miles long and I don't think we can make the whole thing, (sad, I know, but Winston gets overheated easily with his short snout and yours truly is in lousy shape). Wish us luck, I think we'll need it.

Hope to get to NY one of these years...

Cheers,

Forum Saint
    View tonyreddevil's Feedback (+74)
    All-About tonyreddevil
    View tonyreddevil's Listings
    Forum Posts

good morning everybody

View Posbear's Feedback (+43)
    All-About Posbear
    View Posbear's Listings
    Forum Posts

Good morning

I am not bothered by any insect at all, when we were a family unit (in the distant past) it was always me that sorted out the invasive critters.
    I had an old tin tea caddy that I used to catch insects in, even in flight!
    My sons are all big lads now and they are still afraid of spiders, moths etc.

It will soon be the season for the crane fly fluttering in your face when you are typing..

This will be trish..

Graham

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it is about learning to dance in the rain.

Good Morning, happy Thirsty Thursday!
    Another glorious sunny day, we sure can't moan about summer this year, well not in Suffolk anyway!

Wow Pos, that's some vid - what a rave, sure woke me up, not to mention the pic of the daddy long legs - I'm dreading the plague of them. Oh, the joys of country living!

Good luck on your walk sues, hope it's not too hot for you and Winston. Kaiser is panting this morning, I think he must have been lying in the sun, daft thing. I think I'll hose him down a bit, he doesn't mind water too much, Reina will bolt for it, no chance of getting her wet.
    First things first though .... time for a

Help yourselves everyone!
    Visit my clothes store -here
    Look in my treasure in trove ! here
    For
    soy wax candles, tarts & melts click here
    For trading cards click here
    Visit my Tazo barhere

Lenny Kravitz also recorded this choon, but I prefer this version

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gkqfpkTTy2w

Now, talking of moths and butterflies - here are a couple that you will enjoy watching and listening to!
    (seatbelts ON gentlemen!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HDLLXUaqZxg
    For
    Visit my Tazo barhere

All-About suesjools
    Forum Posts

Thanks, Trish, I just love nature videos. That reminds me of an odd thing I saw on PBS last night about some Aussie marsupial (it looked like a porcupine, don't remember the name) that had 4 dicks! I was shocked and a bit skeptical til they showed it on the program, then I couldn't stop laughing.

Well, we decided to stick around the neighborhood today as it's in the upper 80s and very humid, ugh. I don't want to overdo it with Winston as he overheats rather easily.

Good thing you can hose Kaiser off, wish I could do the same with Mr. Mudmouth, (my new name for Winston when he comes inside after laying around in the dirt outside, the rest of him doesn't get too dirty, but I swear he eats half the yard).

Cheers and Happy Twofer,

View Posbear's Feedback (+43)
    All-About Posbear
    View Posbear's Listings
    Forum Posts

Good morning and Happy FriedDay.

Quote Originally Posted by suesjools View Post
    Thanks, Trish, I just love nature videos.
    I was quite happy watching Trish's "nature" video, it's a while since I've seen a large purple breasted golden shimmerer .

Well, August 1st already! Where has the year gone to?

I've not found anywhere suitable to live yet, need to find a place before winter sets in.

Maybe I should get a caravan and see the world with it.

Tea and coffee are on the go in the Cocktail Kitchen..

Last edited by Poscar; 1st August 2014 at 05:33 AM.
    Graham

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it is about learning to dance in the rain.

All-About suesjools
    Forum Posts

Ooh, a caravan, how cool! I used to have a dream of traveling all over the place in an RV, now I just dream about working and paying my bills, sigh. Am seriously thinking about moving back to NY, as the job situation in this area is definitely suboptimal, (despite applying for any and everything under the sun), and IMHO based more on cronyism than merit, which leaves qualified "foreigners" like moi out in the cold. My nursing license is still valid in NY and I could definitely find a nursing job there while continuing the library search. I would have moved years ago, but I hate to be far away from my parents, both in their 80s, but something has to give. Still mulling over many things...

Graham, good luck finding a nice place, will keep my fingers, toes and eyeballs crossed for you.

Thanks for the tumes.

Cheers and rock on,

....... wheels into the lounge seeking sanctuary and a drop of the medicinal good stuff ..... (still got back trouble)

Hi everyone .... another day of looking after a 10 month old bundle of dynamite!
    She is almost walking now, taking a few steps on her own and into every mischief! She so makes me laugh, she is just sooo funny, clever and simply adorable. Next shift is Monday.
    I'm looking forward to this Sunday - JR is taking me out to lunch - it's our wedding anniversary on 6th, also my no.2 daughters' birthday and Dominics birthday is on the 5th - so I can confidently say that there will be a few celebrations going on at our house. Also got my sis and her family (including her grandchildren) arriving next weekend. Hope the weather is good so we can have a barby. Yayyy!

Glad you enjoyed the "nature" vid Pos, you don't spot many of those fine beauties everyday!
    JR and I used to have a caravan many years ago when the kids were young - it was a really old thing, very heavy to tow - but oh - the joyous, hilarious holidays we spent in it! We even dragged the ancient thing down to Cornwall on the Lizard Peninsula in 1999 to see the total eclipse of the sun. We got stuck going uphill as it was so heavy and low it dragged on the road ...lol!

Hope you get something sorted for you and Winston soon Sues - I know that your heart belongs in NY, but you need to be near your parents - hard decisions...... good luck in whatever you decide.

Wyo, whatcha up to? Have you met a handsome feller and absconded?
    For
    Visit my Tazo barhere

Thread Information