Thread: Cocktails!!! and Music

Forum Saint
    Kingston Upon Thames, Surrey, United Kingdom
    View meebo1's Feedback (+7886)
    All-About meebo1
    View meebo1's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Cocktails!!! and Music

I try very hard to avoid You Tube. There is always something else that distracts from work

I would say we got about an inch of snow yesterday. It started around 11 and blew (i say blew because it snows horizontally here) big white flakes all day, but it has been warm here so a lot melted when it hit the ground. I think I'll take a page from Meebo's book and try to avoid snow for awhile.

Here is a little song I love, it has everything a hunk, a fiddle, and a voice!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LIYtv5UmyxU

Just found this one, so I thought I would add it.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iA34GdJuNns

OK - Conway's first hit and I have to get to work.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJefPaBsSug
    Last edited by wyocowgirl1; 8th March 2016 at 06:10 PM.
    <a href=http://us.ebid.net/stores/Princess-Os-Treasures target=_blank><font color=#111111><span style=font-family: Tahoma>http://us.ebid.net/stores/Princess-Os-Treasures</span></font></a>

I YDC, Do you?

Forum Saint
    View tonyreddevil's Feedback (+74)
    All-About tonyreddevil
    View tonyreddevil's Listings
    Forum Posts

its more than welcome to see many more people on here and lets hope it continues with still more persons

Thanks Wyo, loved the choons and ended up watching Tammy, Loretta and dolly as well.

Forum Master
    Penarth, The Vale of Glamorgan, United Kingdom
    View Salomina27's Feedback (+273)
    All-About Salomina27
    View Salomina27's Listings
    Forum Posts

Great stuff folks, listening to your choices now Books. Am intrigued to see what your 1969 track was as it hasn't come up in here, can you re-post it please. Very interesting list you have there in your top ten albums, I agree with many of them as top choices but as for picking ten myself I would struggle to find ten of the best. A good way I guess is seeing what you are playing regularly, but each week varies for me. I too have been playing Barbara Streisand this week, wouldn't have had you down as liking her! Who knew? lol also Gordon Lightfoot, Supertramp etc I think though of favourite albums aswell as some of my more obvious ones like Led Zep, The Floyd, Neil Young, definitely many of Supertramps, especially before Hodgson left, I would most certainly have to have a Camel album in, probably The Snow Goose one, probably also a Wishbone Ash but top ten? na too difficult I think, it would take me ten years to decide, ha!
    Great to see you in here again too Fossy, damn I missed your show though, you must come in and remind us regularly my addled brain may eventually get it!
    Feeling a little more upbeat today, didn't help having some horrid virus but got an extremely worrying situation with two of my grandkids, which has been ongoing. Cant say too much in here, but hopefully things will change for the better soon, much is being done to make it so..
    a visit in here soon perks things up too!
    And you are right though ladies, nothing gets done once you start playing all the youtube tracks! And that's even though I don't own a television!

Here is a track from another of my favourite albums but top fifty might be easier to work, I could think of albums I have played over and over and never tire of, this being one of them..

Hello everyone, wow!
    Sure are some excellent choons to listen to ..... and a huge welcome to all newcomers who have posted their selections too, just brilliant, and far better than listening to the radio! Thanks Olivia, just love Days of Pearly Spencer.

My stint of looking after a two and a half year old little bundle of dynamite and her nine and a half month old baby sister for ten hours has mercifully ended.
    I have had baby in my arms for most of the day as she is teething big time, has a dreadful cold and was miserable, crying a lot, poor little darling.
    Trying to comfort her and feed/look after/entertain both kiddies has worn me out. My back is aching so much, I'm unable to straighten up - will have to lie flat on the floor if I can actually get down there (not to mention getting up again!)
    I'm grateful that I prepared tonight's meal beforehand - beef stew and dumplings, all I had to do was switch the slow cooker on and then bake the crusty bread (I chucked some cumberland sausage rolls in there as well, there are only 6 left now - and I haven't had any, looks like the locusts have swarmed in again.
    At least I have a whole week now to recover before the next babycare shift next Tuesday.

Buttons, at the moment we don't know if the lab will agree that the flexible teeth will be OK for me, they are for upper left side teeth, about 5, no idea how many will be on the lower teeth denture, I have been asked for a deposit of £600 or summat, so full cost is yet unknown. I have got to the stage where I don't care, I was willing to fork out for another bridge/implant - but was told my remaining teeth wouldn't support them. I'll keep you posted and let you know how I get on, all I know is I cannot wear the awful plate with a roof that I have already. I hate it, it lives in a box and escapes at night to float around, and bite andhaunt me. (Yes, it also makes me lisp, I reckon I could whistle the 1812 overture through my front teeth with it in). I don't even know where my bottom teeth denture has been stowed away, I never wear it, I feel like Jaws from the Bond films with these monstrosities shoved in me gob!

Sal, I sure am ready for that Highland Malt, and I'm sorry to hear that you are still getting days when the sky crashes in on you ..... keep yer pecker up me duck, us eBid lasses are made of hard stuff ..... we will survive......
    cue a choon ....
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZGwHtGBZJU

Fossy, thanks for the link to your shows, and books for your blog - Wyo, be sure to keep safe in that horizontal snow, and keep sending those great choons!

I think drinks are in order ...

Visit my clothes store -here
    Look in my treasure in trove ! here
    For
    soy wax candles, tarts & melts click here
    For trading cards click here
    Visit my Tazo barhere

Forum Master
    Penarth, The Vale of Glamorgan, United Kingdom
    View Salomina27's Feedback (+273)
    All-About Salomina27
    View Salomina27's Listings
    Forum Posts

We did that old thing again posting at the same time Trish haha, the good old days are back.
    God you have my sympathy there with looking after those two regularly and lying on the floor after, Im having physio for mine but then it all gets undone again with the little ones! I too have had a slow cook beef stew on, great minds think alike or what?! Been eating mine for three days now, its been handy as felt too ill to cook, mine had some sausage in too, but a spicy foreign one (oh no don't get them started!)
    and some lovely crusty bread I bought in a nice shop in Malvern last week, bought three loaves it was such good stuff!

Books also meant to add Spyder would approve of a few of your choices there, including Rory Gallagher and Uriah Heep, where ARE you Spyder, are you coming out to play?!

I only want three teeth at each side of bottom back but i am not paying £600 deposit plus more they can stay out, cant see they are missing anyway, and who cares, the ones they made me have metal clips on that clip on my teeth plus they have a band that goes round the back of my front teeth and pushes them and hurts.

Forum Saint
    View tonyreddevil's Feedback (+74)
    All-About tonyreddevil
    View tonyreddevil's Listings
    Forum Posts

good morning go to dental hygenist next tuesday at 8.40a.m.

I have temporarily lost my assistant. Her Dad was injured in a work accident yesterday and is in a trauma center now. She is leaving tomorrow to be with Mom. This is going to be difficult, as I worry about the people involved, but will probably not get updates as I am not family. Oh well.

They say dreams you have in the morning hours are made up of memories. My X is in way too many of mine.

Lovely day today, I may go to the city for groceries, out of OJ.

Maybe being on my own will re-energize my work ethic which has been rather lacking of late.

And now for something completely different -
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJE-onnw2gM

Buttons I love that song, haven't heard it in a long time, thanks.

Last edited by wyocowgirl1; 9th March 2016 at 05:33 PM.
    <a href=http://us.ebid.net/stores/Princess-Os-Treasures target=_blank><font color=#111111><span style=font-family: Tahoma>http://us.ebid.net/stores/Princess-Os-Treasures</span></font></a>

I YDC, Do you?

Thread Information