Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Cocktails!!! and Music

View Posbear's Feedback (+43)
    All-About Posbear
    View Posbear's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Cocktails!!! and Music

This was the third attempt to upgrade my pc. Each previous time I added a new component my pc laughed at me and gave me the blue screen of death. It was basically saying "look, you can't fit that new part because the other part it fits to is too old!"
    So, a few days of buying components, 'meticulous planning', backing up my files and photos on to cd discs and pen drives I set about the update, got it working first time, set the system up, re-installed Win 7, tried to connect to the internet, zilch, nada, nowt. I turned to Windows diagnostics in the system, went through all of the rigmarole only for Windows help to admit defeat, It told me it could not help because no drivers were installed for my wireless internet adaptor. It told me to go online and get them from the internet. Errrm, I can't get on the internet because I have no drivers. Thanks for your help Windoze!
    Do you remember I said I was packing my stuff into boxes ready for a move? Well, somewhere in one of those boxes was the original installation disc for the adaptor. So much for my 'meticulous planning' lol. After two hours of opening sealed packing boxes, cursing, swearing, ranting and raving I found the disc, woohoo!

So, now all I have to do is re-install my programs and files.
    Oh, and tidy up the mess I made and re-pack the packing boxes.

Today is Sunday, a day of relaxation (I hope)

Graham

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it is about learning to dance in the rain.

Forum Saint
    View adruml's Feedback (+1138)
    All-About adruml
    View adruml's Listings
    Forum Posts

Bought a refurbished computer with Windows 7 several months ago. Still avoiding making the switch. Windows XP and my old computer are still running great so I'm in no hurry.

Sorry for your trials and tribulations Graham, but it sounds kinda familiar - hmmmmmm!

I had a most enjoyable day yesterday, we had a runaway from home day. We went to Colorado (land of the Greenies!) had a spot of tea and wandered through the French (antiques) shops. I am in love with a pale pink wing back chair, only $320. Also saw a lovely Louis XV pear wood desk at a bargain price of $2200. I don't think I have room for either. Also saw a lovely painting ($300). Liz found some bird coasters, very neat, and bought them and Lyn found some books. We also had poppy seed cake - Nummy! Tea was great also.

Name:  3fortearesized.jpg
Views: 33
Size:  52.7 KB

L to R: Wyo, Liz, Lyn.
    Last edited by wyocowgirl1; 20th July 2014 at 07:18 PM.
    <a href=http://us.ebid.net/stores/Princess-Os-Treasures target=_blank><font color=#111111><span style=font-family: Tahoma>http://us.ebid.net/stores/Princess-Os-Treasures</span></font></a>

I YDC, Do you?

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

Graham, LOL! Happened to me in my last move and I'm still not all sorted out, I have no idea where my ring sizer got to, (if anyone knows where I can buy one cheap, to borrow from Perot, I'm all ears)...

Wyo, great photo! Looks like a lovely place and you gals are certainly looking fine in your finery, IMHO you could give HM and family a run for their money and all without Philpot, LOL.

Winston and I spent part of this morning at the pet store yet again, (it's the best place to walk him in town, hands down, the kids all love him, plus we get to stay indoors and out of the heat). Oh and we always buy something cheap and utterly useless, (today it was a twice marked down bulldog mug), but that's the best part of shopping.

Cheers,

Hi everyone, oh boy - what a weekend!
    I'm mentally and physically drained!
    Daught #1 from Cornwall arrived safely Friday eve with her hubby and four rascals .....
    here they are when we finally got the little scamps into bed ..lol!
    From left to right they are Callum, Sienna, Lewis and Rhys.

Name:  kids 001.jpg
Views: 36
Size:  169.6 KB

Teagan and Abigail arrived Saturday lunchtime, she stayed at our house and looked after the dogs for us whilst we went to the wedding venue at Stowmarket (daughter #2 's daughter, my grand-daughter Emma) - fab evening, we stayed at the Travelodge there. My sis Lynn and I were sat outside at 3am talking, drinking and laughing, after coffee in her room I finally made it to my bed at 4am!
    Sunday, we left the Travelodge, after everyone had invited themselves up to our place for a barby.
    JR and I did a quick shop for barby fodder, but rain stopped play - we had a thunderstorm with hail! No problem, we still managed to cook indoors and when the weather cleared up a bit, we all sat outside till dusk.
    My sis and her family - hubby, daughter and two more kiddies went back to the Travelodge, I babysat Abigail whilst JR and Teagan went to a beer festival in Wickham.
    Today, we had a brilliant day just chilling and today eating al fresco .... weather was scorching and Abigail played in water and made mud pies!
    Here is another pic - Teagan and Abigail sitting in my garden ....

Name:  kids 008.jpg
Views: 34
Size:  245.5 KB

Everyone has now gone home - the house is empty, I'm left with just a few pics and some very happy memories ....

Oh - can't forget to add a pic of my youngest grandchild - little Isla. She is 10 months old on 24th - and she has taken her first few steps all on her own... clever girl!
    (Don't let her angelic face fool you, she is soooo mischievous!)

Name:  My darling cherub Isla xxx.JPG
Views: 34
Size:  183.4 KB

Wyo, what an absolutely lovely pic of you and your pals, how very British, taking afternoon tea and cake !
    Just loved Lyn's hat and feather wrap ..... and hey Wyo! I see you were wearing your bluejeans and a lacy pink stetson ... whoo-hoo! 10 out of 10!
    Visit my clothes store -here
    Look in my treasure in trove ! here
    For
    soy wax candles, tarts & melts click here
    For trading cards click here
    Visit my Tazo barhere

All-About suesjools
    Forum Posts

Oh wow, Trish, you have been busy, but it sounds like a lot of fun. Lovely pix, you have such a photogenic family, they must all take after Grandma Trish.

Still waiting for Winston's all clear so he can go off the meds and we can go to NY. The vet said she should hear back from the lab within a week, which was last Monday, so should be any time now, (fingers, toes and eyeballs crossed)...

Cheers,

View Posbear's Feedback (+43)
    All-About Posbear
    View Posbear's Listings
    Forum Posts

Good morning

Happy Twofer to you all.

Wyo, what a nice photo of your tea party, a good English tradition to maintain, the Queen would be proud of you.

Sues, I wish I could get a holiday break but I decided to fund a house-move instead. I do hope that one will keep in touch.

Trish, what a lovely set of photos, looks like you have a very happy family.

Al, any news on the floor?

My pooter is behaving well, I am very happy with it now, I can watch YouTube videos without any stuttering/buffering when on full screen.
    Still haven't installed all of my programs and files yet, I keep finding things to look at (that I had forgotten about) in the saved folders that I made.

Here's my Twofer today,

The Wilburys..

With a few extra friends playing... http://youtu.be/q_WgX-6DdAU

Themselves... http://youtu.be/L8s9dmuAKvU

Now that's a real super group!
    Graham

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it is about learning to dance in the rain.

Forum Saint
    View adruml's Feedback (+1138)
    All-About adruml
    View adruml's Listings
    Forum Posts

Great stuff Graham, we have one of their CD's in the deck music rotation.

River Rock floor has been repaired and it looks great. Can't tell it was repaired at all. I'll get some pics posted eventually.

Wyo, great pictures with your tea party buddies. Always good to place a face with a name.

Sues, good luck with Winston. Arnie and Bonzo are getting along fine. It's nice they play all day and wear each other out. Nighttime comes and they're out!

Trish, great family photos. Everybody looks to be having a great time.

Celebrated my Dad's 90th Birthday last night with the kids, my brother and the grandchildren. Today my brother and I are taking him fishing on Lake Michigan.

Forum Saint
    View tonyreddevil's Feedback (+74)
    All-About tonyreddevil
    View tonyreddevil's Listings
    Forum Posts

Happy Fishing Al

All-About suesjools
    Forum Posts

Thanks Graham and Al and everyone, been looking forward to this trip for ages (well, it seems like it anyhow). If the vet doesn't call today, I'm calling her, maybe they just forgot or something.

Graham, house moving is a PITA for sure, but so worth it when you get settled in. This place is much nicer than my old apt., we actually have our own yard which makes Winston very happy, though he mostly sees it as a larger bed.

Al, have fun with your Dad, wow, 90 years old! That's quite a milestone. Hope you catch a really big one in honor of the occasion. Say hi to Bonzo and Arnie for Winston, (who wishes he had a playmate but his Mom has enough trouble with one, so one it's going to be).

Cheers and Happy Twofer,

Thread Information