My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Cocktails!!! and Music

Default Re: Cocktails!!! and Music

Hi everyone, hope you are all doing ok in these trying times. We must try to keep occupied and keep the old grey cells active.
    Sorry if the lyrics were a bit too hard to work out, here are a few that may be a bit easier.

1: Isn't it rich, are we a pair?
    2: I walk along the city streets you used to walk along with me
    3: It is the evening of the day
    4: Her hair was Harlow and gold
    5: You roly poly all over town

Trish I like quite a bit of classical stuff as well my favourite piece as to be Barber's Adagio for strings and then Rodrigo's concerto de Aranjuez. Also pretty much anything played by Glenn Gould I first came across his stuff when working for Pride records in Newark, a customer came in and ordered a copy of him playing Bach's Goldberg Variations and suggested I have a listen when it came in, so I did and wow.

Another I was introduced to back then was Bob James who I already knew as a jazz pianist but then out came a classical album of tracks by a composer called Rameau apparently they were recordings that he had sent to friends and family as Christmas presents and you can hear that Christmas spirit also they reminded me of Kenny Everett when he did his mime artist sketches. Here's just one track.

Hey all!

Having an issue with "fake offers again" and stopped to check the threads to see if anybody else was having it. SO......I thought I'd better pop in here and check on everybody and let you know I'm doing okay. Finally got 2 full nights of sleep but am still "fuzzy headed". Woke up to snow again this morning and I've got a truck load of feed and groceries to put away from yesterday, so I'd better bundle up and "git'er dun"!

Take care!

Shes

Hey Shes!
    So darn good to hear from you - glad you are doing ok hun, really miss you x
    Whoop whoop - we also had snow today!
    First for a long time, it was wonderful to see and hear the kids in our neighbourhood enjoying themselves with this rare white stuff that fell from the sky!
    A couple of boys had a sledge that they took it on turns to go up and down the street pulling each other up and sliding down - took me all my will-power not to run out and jump on that sledge and enjoy the ride!
    Snow has mostly all gone now - sadly. Ah well, it was good while it lasted.

Books,
    I have done the quiz and got better results this time, I think.
    1) Send in the clowns
    2) Always something there to remind me - Sandie Shaw
    3) As tears go by - I loved the Marianne Faithful version
    4) Bette Davis Eyes
    5) Didn't know this one ....

I listened to your classical music choices - I loved the second one, one of my faves too.

I'm off now to eat my beef curry with coconut rice, and watch a movie with JR.
    Take care everyone, keep on keeping safe!
    xx
    Visit my clothes store -here
    Look in my treasure in trove ! here
    For
    soy wax candles, tarts & melts click here
    For trading cards click here
    Visit my Tazo barhere

Well done Trish all right, the last one is by Mansfield's finest exports Ten Years After.

Here's them all

1: Isn't it rich, are we a pair?
    Send in the Clowns

2: I walk along the city streets you used to walk along with me
    There's always something there to remind me

3: It is the evening of the day
    As tears go by

4: Her hair was Harlow and gold
    Bette Davis Eyes

5: You roly poly all over town
    Love like a man

Well, that wasn't too bad, books, 4/5!
    Now then, who is that dashing young feller in your avatar? Could it be your younger brother - he does resemble you a lot!

Where is Wyo, Posbear, Penni, Mag, Mandart et al?
    I know it's very cold outdoors, so hibernation may be the answer!
    The cocktail lounge is well stocked up with drinks, and if anyone wants it - plus, I have made a huge cauldron of Stokie Lobby, with dumplings and crusty bread.
    Just the job to warm your cockles ....

JR has to go for a CT scan on his thorax and abdomen tomorrow, I'm glad - he hasn't been too well today with nausea and stomach cramps.
    I live in fear of him getting more cancer after him already beating what is regarded as being deadly - bowel cancer.

Not heard anything yet about our vaccines, word has got around that our vaccination centre has run out of vaccines. Typical ...

Would anyone fancy a little pick-me-up in these miserable, dark days?
    How about a little sunshine drink ....

Oh - and have a listen to these choons .... (not oldies!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZMRc-UyPm0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0X03zR0rQk
    Visit my clothes store -here
    Look in my treasure in trove ! here
    For
    soy wax candles, tarts & melts click here
    For trading cards click here
    Visit my Tazo barhere

I have been keeping my mouth shut for too long, so I'll try and bring you all up to date. I am very sick and tired of all the hoopla here. Wyoming's Congressman - Liz Cheney (daughter) has been censored for voting against Trump on the impeachment, I think. Dad said after we read The Warren Report that we would probably never know the truth. I wonder if that will hold true here. Probably, my old man was purty smart.

My web site host rewrote their system due to the flash player not being supported and I was informed I had to move to the new system. They would cut and paste my listings for me for a fee of course. So I called my computer buddy and I moved to a new host and their fees are cheaper. It has been up and running and I had 2 sales today. Yippee! I added a new payment service provider. I had some trouble from my usual provider. I think they are struggling thanks to feebay. I am getting corrections made on the upload slowly but surely.

Things are fairly quiet here. My buddy got a new puppy. She is a Heeler/Aussie cross and has been designated as Abby. She is a cutie and he says she really likes the heated seats in his pickup. She is red with the obligatory Heeler spots and Aussie feet and comes complete with a tail. The wife told me she looked like a Sadie, but that was taken.

We have had a lot of wind this Winter and not very much snow. Probably because I bought new snow boots this year. They are nice and warm though. I have finished binding the 2nd quilt and I just have to make the label. I will take pictures when I get that done. It will be on the front as I found a small hole that needs to be patched. I told my neighbor that I was late letting out Buddy and Angel because I was watching quilt videos. I told her I am quilty. Yuk, Yuk.

I bowled all three games over 100 last week. My series was 367, the highest my series has been this year for sure. You would think after over all the years I would learn how to do this.

I hope you are all well. I am relieved whenever I see your posts knowing you were well enough recently to write them. It is much nicer to chat with the people here than the ones on the face place. I have a hard time with the raw hatred 45 seems to bring out in some people. I'm not sure we'll be any better on Thursday. I'm getting old and grumpy, I guess.

Best to you all.
    <a href=http://us.ebid.net/stores/Princess-Os-Treasures target=_blank><font color=#111111><span style=font-family: Tahoma>http://us.ebid.net/stores/Princess-Os-Treasures</span></font></a>

I YDC, Do you?

Good morning all, never fear, I'm still around! Busy reorganising my business, getting rid of what doesn't work (most of it) and getting back to basics, and it's taking me a little time....

Hope everyone's keeping well and keeping away from that nasty little virus. It's a bit restrictive being stuck indoors, but if that's what it takes so be it. Still hoping we can take our little tent out later in the year once we've all been stabbed, can't come soon enough really as Mandy's one of the very vulnerable people and I'm only just behind her....

Still, this has given me some time to work on my art...

Look after yourselves.

Good to see a few folk popping in, as Wyo says it's nice to see that people are ok.

Trish that photo is my one and only passport photo from around 40 years back. My one and only time I went abroad was to Canada, McAdam in New Brunswick. It was close to the U.S. border with Maine so did a few trips over the line whilst there. Stayed for 3 weeks was before I got married so went with one of my pals.

Wyo, I hope things calm down a bit soon over there, things have really got out of hand. It will take a lot to sort out I know but hopefully it will get sorted.

Trish I liked the Jason Derulo track, sounds like something I might have played late seventies early eighties, not so keen on Harry Styles though.

Anyway here's a few tracks to bop around to.

ROLLING STONES * Look What The Cat Dragged In HQ - YouTube

The Faces - Ooh La La (1973) - YouTube

oysterband - road to santiago - YouTube

Call Me Lightning, The Who - YouTube

HALF MAN HALF BISCUIT - The Light At The End Of The Tunnel (Is The Light Of An Oncoming Train) - YouTube

Ball Park Incident (2006 Remaster) - YouTube

Tom Russell - When Sinatra Played Juarez (2001) - YouTube

Future Islands perform Seasons (Waiting On You) | Later... with Jools Holland - BBC - YouTube

John Fogerty - Rambunctious Boy - YouTube

Hay Wrap - The Saw Doctors - YouTube

Queen - Seven Seas Of Rhye (Official Video) - YouTube

Laurencekirk, Aberdeenshire, United Kingdom
    View Maelbrigda's Feedback (+2605)
    All-About Maelbrigda
    View Maelbrigda's Listings
    Forum Posts

Ive been getting new bookcases. The old ones fell apart last year but at the time I couldnt afford to replace them so all the books were piled up in a corner of the bedroom. Made up bookcases then had to move all books as that was where the cases were going. I got one standard and one half width and they fitted in the space with just 10cm to spare. Just put them all on bookcases with no order at all. Will sort them out tomorrow when i'm less tired.
    Very frosty here this morning. Car had ice on inside as well as out. Lovely fern patterns. Was a pity I had to clear them but I do the school run in the morning.
    Now I have more room on the bookcases I might be able to free up some space in the hall where they are doubled up.
    Will be able to relist the ones I was selling now I can get at them.
    Hope all are well and not getting too frustrated because of lockdown.
    Simply Handmade all my handmade items
    Maelbrigda's Bits and Pieces For Clothing and Jewellery, Ornaments, Odds & Ends & Much More
    Craft Store Crafty bits & pieces. Patterns, Card, Yarn, Stamps and more
    Books, Blu Rays, DVD's, CD's and Vinyl Records
    https://www.ebid.net/uk/stores/The-Pagan-Tree

Please have a look. I combine postage wherever possible.

Ah, Roy Wood, one of my heroes... saw him in Gravesend many years ago and he asked me to direct him to a good 'curry house' which I did. Must bump into him again one day and ask if he enjoyed it...

Thread Information