Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Cocktails!!! and Music

Default Re: Cocktails!!! and Music

Hi cocktailers!
    Books, thanks so much for the choons, never heard most of them before. I liked Traete a la Nena and also last one Marmalade. One of my favourite choons is by them .... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfLQ-iw697s

We too have been busy in the garden, I take most care of seeds/flowers whilst JR is only interested in things to grow that are edible (trust him!). We have lots of fruits and veggies and salad stuff all doing nicely.
    My garden should be a myriad of colour when I have planted out all my flowers grown from seed - Sweet Sultan, Dahlias, Zinnias, Petunias, Lobelia, Marigolds, Nasturtiums, Begonias to name just a few. Most will fill up the tubs and baskets, the rest I will make room for in the gardens.

Yellerbelly, I have managed to get my hubby booked in for acupuncture, he will be starting his first session 6th June. I was most interested to learn that ginger has anti-inflammatory properties. I shall deffo get the Belvoir cordial and crystallised ginger for him. Thank-you for all your help x

Disappointed to learn today that my red blood cell count has gone up again. My hospital consultant warned me that I'm now very susceptible to suffer a stroke or blood clot. I was given a choice to either try yet another venesection (I have had so many that failed to get the required amount of blood out, and also suffered nerve damage in my right wrist) or chemo. So, I reluctantly agreed to try another venesection. Wish me luck !

Visit my clothes store -here
    Look in my treasure in trove ! here
    For
    soy wax candles, tarts & melts click here
    For trading cards click here
    Visit my Tazo barhere

Kirton In Lindsey, Lincolnshire, United Kingdom
    View yellerbelly's Feedback (+97)
    All-About yellerbelly
    View yellerbelly's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi Trish glad I was able to help, I went for my acupuncture last week and feeling much better, don't expect miracles straight away, I have looked up more info on your blood problems, acupuncture might be able to help you see these links. One talks of drinking green tea, my sister drinks a lot of this and at 75 she is fitter than me.
    https://universaltcm.wordpress.com
    https://chacupuncture.com
    https://www.worldwidehealth.com › health-article-Polycythemia-Herbs-for-Po

On the recommendation of the acupuncturist last week my first drink of the morning is now fresh lemon juice and grated ginger in hot water, I had been having just lemon in hot water but the ginger helps give the liver a kick start apparently and it is good for keeping colds at bay, to save time I squeeze my lemons in one go and keep it in a glass bottle in the fridge and just grate the ginger in the morning.
    Hope this info helps

Hello everyone!
    I have just waved off 2 of my daughters and their families - including 4 young grandchildren. Bless 'em x
    Lucia was here with her family, Teagan and Matt travelled over Sat from Nottingham to spend the weekend with us. It has been a magical weekend.

Yellerbelly, I have taken note of all the advice you have given me (thank-you) with regards to my hubbies very painful arthritic ankle.
    We are both so looking forward to his first acupuncture session next week. He tells me that the pain isn't quite so bad these last couple of days, so something may well be working! He is still quite lame though.

Dreading my appointment for the blood letting (venesection) next week. I am not at all bothered by needles or blood - in fact I help the phlebotomist out by pointing out the best yielding blood veins !
    It's just that the flow (if any) dries up after a few seconds and after moving the needle to the right/left/deeper with no luck then I'm subjected to another puncture in the other arm. This often fails so back to the right arm, et cetera, et cetera...doh!
    If I'm there in the Macmillan Day care ward for two hours again it will be worth it, cos I just do not want chemo.

I'm so delighted with the hard work my son in law has done for us - he has made a super job of the greenhouse that my JR literally halved but didn't really know how to finish it off. He and Teagan even reinstated the guttering to collect rain water into the barrels.

I wonder where our Posbear is? Haven't heard from him for ages. Surely the hibernation must be over?
    To all other cocktailers or newcomers that would like to pull out a seat at the bar or feed the juke-box, a warm hello from me!
    Here is an Abba choon that I quite like ....
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RN0ZVwjIz_4

Perlease! Can someone tell me which piece of classical music it comes from?
    I know this opening so well, but I cannot remember what classical piece it is! I think it may be from the musical score from a ballet.

For
    Visit my Tazo barhere

View Posbear's Feedback (+43)
    All-About Posbear
    View Posbear's Listings
    Forum Posts

I am here!
    Wide awake but with creaking bones.
    first job is to help Trish..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CShopT9QUzw

Now that is done I am pleased to announce that...nothing much has changed, no ailments have been miraculously cured, but I have stopped being so 'down in the dumps'.
    it must be spring that his given me that 'Joie de Vivre' feeling again.
    Also, after seeing what happened in Ukraine I am so thankful for what I have.
    As you know, I am involved with making 3d models of railways and trains.
    We have a multinational community and we get along fine, one of our members Olegkhim was forced out of his home near Kyiv but has now returned.
    You can read how we supported him here...
    (I am Euromodeller on that forum)

https://forums.auran.com/trainz/show...t=Support+Oleg

his website is here...

https://trainzup.com/

(google will translate for you)

I can't imagine what he has been through since the war started.

I will have some family news soon, but that is for the next time.

I will leave you with this music video and I will return 'soon',

all the best,
    Pos
    Graham

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it is about learning to dance in the rain.

Quote Originally Posted by Tropical_Trish View Post

Aww, chokkyface - hopefully next year your lone daffodill will have multiplied!
    How are things with you and Billy? Hope all is well x

Just an update for anyone who missed my latest episode

Wednesday 1st. Visit from adult social care. The day after this I went out to do some strimming and fell in the garden. I couldn’t get back up off the grass so had to get back indoors on my backside.

I then struggled to pull myself up to sit on the sofa. Had painful muscles and sore legs for days afterwards. I’m beginning to think I need to hire some help or move to a place with no garden.

Billy outdid me a week or so later while attempting to transfer from our bed to his wheelchair. He forgot to apply the breaks and ended up falling onto the footrest and breaking it. We have now accepted that we might both be oldies as we all know that oldies have falls whereas everyone else falls over.

“When life gives you a Monday, dip it in glitter and sparkle all day” – Ella Woodword

Hi Moony sorry to read about your and Billy's falls. Hope are both ok, it's not much fun getting old. At 67 I am starting to ache more each morning and most of my close friends who are around the same age if not a little older are all finding the same.

Hope everyone else is doing ok, no one has been visiting the lounge just lately, where are you all?

Maybe a few tunes might entice a few in.

Queen - You Don't Fool Me - YouTube Not one of their biggest tunes but a great track

I can see for miles - YouTube By Lord Sitar this was a small hit on the Northern Soul scene

Longer - YouTube Dan Fogelberg's only UK hit

Half Man Half Biscuit - Petty Sessions [Official Audio] - YouTube Total lunacy from Half Man ( I have loved these crazy lot for years)

He Wants Her - YouTube The very wonderful Miss Armatrading

Sympathy - YouTube 1969 Rare Bird British Prog Rockers

Life In A Day (Remastered 2002) - YouTube Taken from Simple Minds debut album this is a cleaned up remastered version

CCS - BROTHER - YouTube One of several hits that Alexis Korner had with his band CCS

Nutz - Loser - YouTube Liverpool's Nutz played the Midlands regularly in the seventies

John Fogerty - Southern Streamline.wmv - YouTube I bet you're tapping your toes !!

Boys Don't Cry - YouTube The first Cure song I ever remember hearing and I was hooked straight away

seven day lover-- james fountain --northern soul - YouTube A great Northern favourite

The Beatles - Don't Let Me Down - YouTube Just because Paul is 80 and this was only a B side

Hello cocktailers!
    The last few weeks have been hard for me,
    I have had a really bad chest infection which knocked me out for almost two weeks. I have finished the antibiotics but they really haven't cleared up the colonisation in my lungs as I'm still coughing up horrible stuff!
    At least the awful vile acidic taste in my mouth has waned, and I can bear to eat something and enjoy a cup of tea!
    I have felt so miserable and get tired too quickly, guess these are side-effects of the meds. I have lost almost half a stone of weight, now need to try and put it back!
    I did have sales both here and elsewhere whilst I was ill, but I managed to send everything out eventually - (much to the annoyance of my family!)

Many thanks to Pos for the answer to my query - I just knew it was from a ballet!
    Glad to hear that you have got rid of the "down in the dumps" syndrome. I have had that too, and it ain't very nice, so good riddance to that!
    Hoping to hear you family news soon. xxx

Books, as always, thanks for the eclectic choice of choons, always a pleasure to listen to both old and new stuff. Lovely to read about the centre where your son and his companions are making such a good job of their gardening projects. Well done to them all, and keep up the hard work xxx

Oh Mooney, I'm really sad that you are struggling - I understand how difficult it is when your mobility is impaired. I remember when my sister who has both legs amputated fell from a toilet visit when we went for a meal out on one of our visits to Stoke to see all my kinfolk.
    She was so traumatised for a long, long time.
    I do hope and pray that you and your Billy will be able to cope with whatever life throws at you, and don't forget to ask for outside help - you shouldn't have to try and cope on your own.

Yellerbelly, thanks so much for all the advice and recommendations that you have sent.
    We are working on the acupuncture, ginger cordial, pineapple juice etc.
    Not a great deal of improvement - sadly. Maybe we are too impatient! Will let you know if suddenly ole JR leaps up and sprints around the garden ... lol!
    I hope that you are feeling better, xxx

For
    Visit my Tazo barhere

Kirton In Lindsey, Lincolnshire, United Kingdom
    View yellerbelly's Feedback (+97)
    All-About yellerbelly
    View yellerbelly's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi Books not listened to any of the tunes listed yet but Paul Carrack I someone I like listening to, every time I hear Living Years it brings a tear to my eyes, it is so profound,
    Armatrading now that is a name I have not heard in awhile but I still have her Love and Affection on vynyl in my collection. Great voice.

Trish I'm fine, thanks for asking, have my ups and downs, had a big down 10 days ago, a neighbours large sycamore overhangs my garden which is paved and whilst watering I slipped on the paving and took a dive off the step to the lower level, hit my chin on a plastic (luckily) planter, and grazed and bruised my leg from the inside above my right arthritic knee to below it, still badly swollen and giving a little pain now and then but it is now at the yellow stage, luckily I was having acupuncture the next day so that helped, I also looked liked I had taken a uppercut to the chin. I had to lay where I landed for a couple of minutes as I "was all shook up huh huh" then I had to push myself up on the step I had just took the dive off. It's a wonder my knee was not shaking about like Elvis's, no broken bones, my guardian angel must have broken my fall. Hope hubby soon starts to get some pain relief with the acupuncture. Take care

Laurencekirk, Aberdeenshire, United Kingdom
    View Maelbrigda's Feedback (+2605)
    All-About Maelbrigda
    View Maelbrigda's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hello. I'm back after a couple of months away. Had cateract removed on Tuesday and am beginning to be able to see again. Glad to see a few of you are still here.
    Simply Handmade all my handmade items
    Maelbrigda's Bits and Pieces For Clothing and Jewellery, Ornaments, Odds & Ends & Much More
    Craft Store Crafty bits & pieces. Patterns, Card, Yarn, Stamps and more
    Books, Blu Rays, DVD's, CD's and Vinyl Records
    https://www.ebid.net/uk/stores/The-Pagan-Tree

Please have a look. I combine postage wherever possible.

Thread Information