Thread: Cocktails!!! and Music

Forum Saint
    View Oldandintheway's Feedback (+385)
    All-About Oldandintheway
    View Oldandintheway's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Cocktails!!! and Music

Glad y'all liked the pix
    Sues - thankfully the Prof wasn't your worst nightmare (I'm into music & play geetar)
    I think you have something there (our own twins) or maybe it's because our Fathers got around a bit
    Happy Hols to all celebrating. I suppose Winston is under the bed - that's where my dog used to be during fireworks!

View Posbear's Feedback (+43)
    All-About Posbear
    View Posbear's Listings
    Forum Posts

Good morning

Happy 4th July to our American friends

Good thunder and lightning display here last night, I am fascinated by thunderstorms!

Same choon different style for those that like kilted men....

http://youtu.be/K-Op1Mng4oY

for those that like a clasical performance..

https://youtu.be/uT3SBzmDxGk

Have great Weekend

Graham

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it is about learning to dance in the rain.

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

LOL Old, yes, Winston will be properly spooked this evening by the fireworks, or maybe he'll just sleep through it, the way he sleeps through most of the post explosions, (living within a few miles of an artillery range does dull the senses a bit).

Graham, if you like thunderstorms you should visit NC in the summertime, it's one right after another. Personally, I'm more scared of storms than explosions, strange, I know, maybe I watched too much Wizard of Oz as a kid.

Cheers and beers,

Hi guys, just sneaked in to say hello - after surviving the most violent thunder/lightning storm we have had for a very long time last night. We even got hailstones the size of marbles, amazing lightning displays and torrential rain - which was much needed here in this arid part of the UK. No sign of it at all come this afternoon - the grass is still yellowed and soil is baked as hard as my efforts at breadmaking ..lol!

Today has been a wonderful, lazy, happy, family day. The weather has been just glorious - hot and sunny but with a delightful cooling breeze. Lucia and I have been on the G&T's for best part of the afternoon/evening - they just go down so well when the weather is just so perfect!
    We all had Thai curry (served/eaten outdoors) to finish off the evening, now I'm well and truly ready to hit the sack!
    Happy 4th July to all who celebrate this occasion - have fun, keep your pets away from those fireworks! I think we have a few American neighbours nearby as there are several wonderful displays of fireworks going off - both dogs are barking at the noise - they ain't scared - just showing off how brave they are...lol!

Pos - OMG - what can I possibly say - Your selections of versions of Thunderstruck just absolutely blew me away - I sooo enjoyed them all. Brilliant - just brilliant.
    I'm having a nightcap now - I'm happily tired, sunburnt - and full of food and liquer - so I shall say Goodnight y'all and don't wake me too early!
    Visit my clothes store -here
    Look in my treasure in trove ! here
    For
    soy wax candles, tarts & melts click here
    For trading cards click here
    Visit my Tazo barhere

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

Yikes, Trish, now that would spook the heck out of me, storms always do. I have this morbid fear of being hit by lightning, not sure why, it's a little nutty I guess, but then again most fears are. Enjoy your nightcap and have a good and restful evening/night. Getting ready for the big booms, no fireworks yet, but once it's dark I expect a real show.

Cheers,

View Posbear's Feedback (+43)
    All-About Posbear
    View Posbear's Listings
    Forum Posts

Evening All

Well what a day, finally got rid of the last of my son's posessions today, got soaked whilst doing it but worth it.

Tomorrow I will be in full decorating mode now that I've got room to move

Looking forward to putting together all of my new flatpack furniture when decorating is finished including new desk and new leather office chair

Settling down to watch telly in a mo, but a choon first and a drink for you all..

Attachment 50916

Cheers
    Last edited by Poscar; 5th July 2015 at 07:40 PM.
    Graham

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it is about learning to dance in the rain.

Speaking as someone whose house was struck by lightning - it ain't no picnic. That was over 20 years ago though. The house shook, though.

We didn't have too many amateur fireworks displays last night. Don't bother Oni at all, since she can't hear them. New neighbors to the North, so I wasn't too sure how that would play out, but there were more bangs across the street to the South.

I've been collecting my small bits of yarn and making owls out of them. Very small bits make the center of a tummy, larger bits make the next row - etc. I think I might even make some pot holders just make circles and keep going until it's the right size. Anyway I have a new owl for the YDC and 3 more starts. Yikes - thunder! just now. Summer in Wyoming for sure. We need some dry now, it's getting close to time to harvest the wheat.

Trish, I am so glad to see you in good spirits and I am so glad to have the rest of you to visit with. Everyone take care, please!
    <a href=http://us.ebid.net/stores/Princess-Os-Treasures target=_blank><font color=#111111><span style=font-family: Tahoma>http://us.ebid.net/stores/Princess-Os-Treasures</span></font></a>

I YDC, Do you?

Forum Saint
    View tonyreddevil's Feedback (+74)
    All-About tonyreddevil
    View tonyreddevil's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wyocowgirl1 View Post
    Speaking as someone whose house was struck by lightning - it ain't no picnic. That was over 20 years ago though. The house shook, though.

We didn't have too many amateur fireworks displays last night. Don't bother Oni at all, since she can't hear them. New neighbors to the North, so I wasn't too sure how that would play out, but there were more bangs across the street to the South.

I've been collecting my small bits of yarn and making owls out of them. Very small bits make the center of a tummy, larger bits make the next row - etc. I think I might even make some pot holders just make circles and keep going until it's the right size. Anyway I have a new owl for the YDC and 3 more starts. Yikes - thunder! just now. Summer in Wyoming for sure. We need some dry now, it's getting close to time to harvest the wheat.

Trish, I am so glad to see you in good spirits and I am so glad to have the rest of you to visit with. Everyone take care, please!
    thanks a million

Forum Saint
    View tonyreddevil's Feedback (+74)
    All-About tonyreddevil
    View tonyreddevil's Listings
    Forum Posts

time for a drink because its SUNDAY

View hitw73's Feedback (+43)
    All-About hitw73
    View hitw73's Listings
    Forum Posts

hi all back in town for a few days then back out to gem fields this camping out in the bush is ok no electric bore water a nice brown colour and flies will put up pictures later on, of in to Rockhampton today need to restock [wine] bought some nice ruby rings in rubyvale think this is olds country great life if you can stand it.
    hitw73 cards downunder & collectables supports Y D C

Thread Information