Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Cocktails!!! and Music

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Cocktails!!! and Music

Thanks everyone, I've missed my friends. The silly forum wants me to login every time I visit, even though I'm already logged into the site, but as long as it works, it's OK by me.

Found a few more interesting jobs and have applied, one working from home that would be perfect as I hate to leave Winston alone every day. I really don't want to do the first one, but wouldn't you know it's the only one that keeps getting back with me, so I guess it's fate or Murphy's Law or whatever. At least it's a job, so I guess that's something.

Now for the spooky: have a small lump on my upper hard palate (just to the left of the median line) that appeared a few days ago, it feels hard, like a piece of bone, it's scaring the crud out of me after several Google searches turned up nothing but doom and gloom. I really hope it's nothing, as I can't afford to go to the dentist just now to have it checked out. Has anyone else ever had anything like this and if you did, what was it? I wonder if it has anything to do with the sinus cold I've had for a good 2 weeks now, complete with runny nose, sneezing and sore throat, I can't seem to shake it. I never normally get colds, (take lots of Vit. C daily), so that's annoying in and of itself, but this lump has me worried, which is not a good thing.

Oh well, if it doesn't kill me, I'll live.

Cheers and beers from me and the big guy,

View sidthelamp's Feedback (+541)
    All-About sidthelamp
    View sidthelamp's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by suesjools View Post
    Thanks everyone, I've missed my friends. The silly forum wants me to login every time I visit, even though I'm already logged into the site, but as long as it works, it's OK by me.

Found a few more interesting jobs and have applied, one working from home that would be perfect as I hate to leave Winston alone every day. I really don't want to do the first one, but wouldn't you know it's the only one that keeps getting back with me, so I guess it's fate or Murphy's Law or whatever. At least it's a job, so I guess that's something.

Now for the spooky: have a small lump on my upper hard palate (just to the left of the median line) that appeared a few days ago, it feels hard, like a piece of bone, it's scaring the crud out of me after several Google searches turned up nothing but doom and gloom. I really hope it's nothing, as I can't afford to go to the dentist just now to have it checked out. Has anyone else ever had anything like this and if you did, what was it? I wonder if it has anything to do with the sinus cold I've had for a good 2 weeks now, complete with runny nose, sneezing and sore throat, I can't seem to shake it. I never normally get colds, (take lots of Vit. C daily), so that's annoying in and of itself, but this lump has me worried, which is not a good thing.

Oh well, if it doesn't kill me, I'll live.

Cheers and beers from me and the big guy,
    doesent sound like a tooth thing any lump needs checking out, see your doctor, or your local clinic, sooner than later.
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/under pressure

MY ATTITUDE IS A RESULT OF YOUR ACTIONS!!!
    IF YOU DONT LIKE IT BLAME YOURSELF.

Forum Saint
    View Oldandintheway's Feedback (+385)
    All-About Oldandintheway
    View Oldandintheway's Listings
    Forum Posts

Yep - what Sid said - get it checked out. Could be gland related from the cold?
    For peace of mind it's better to act sooner rather than later!

Sues, you must get the lump checked out, if only to give you some peace of mind - you could be worrying yourself unnecessarily.
    Got everything crossed for you that all will be well.

Empathise about not being able to shake off the cold and sore throat - same here. No sooner have I got over one bout of the lurgy, another one arrives.
    Isla was sneezing and was full of cold when I looked after her last week, I reached for the First Defence straight away and used it 'till Sunday, when I thought I was 'safe'.
    Lo and behold, the darn bug has manifested itself and now I'm coughing and sneezing fit to bust
    Good luck with the job hunting, I hope you manage to get a job working from home which would suit you better.

A miserable dark and wet day here, off to get yet another cup of tea!
    Hope everyone has a good day.
    Visit my clothes store -here
    Look in my treasure in trove ! here
    For
    soy wax candles, tarts & melts click here
    For trading cards click here
    Visit my Tazo barhere

View Posbear's Feedback (+43)
    All-About Posbear
    View Posbear's Listings
    Forum Posts

Good afternoon

I've given up expecting visits from sons, all I had was an email from one of my sons showing me the Sunday roast he was about to eat.
    No asking how I am or any chit chat just a message to say "just about to tuck in to this"

Sues you must get that lump looked at, are you a heavy smoker?
    Good luck with your job hunt/new job (delete as appropriate)

Trish, there are so many viruses about that you are bound to get many this warm winter.
    A drop of 'special medicine' might help.

A choon to warm you up..

Stay safe
    Graham

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it is about learning to dance in the rain.

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

Thanks everyone, yes, I think it might be cold related, if it's not gone in a few weeks time (along with the cold) I'll try to get an appointment to see the dentist, (have my fingers crossed it's gone before then). I do smoke but I'm not convinced it's anything serious, more likely a toothbrush mishap, have to get a smaller one as the current electric is large/heavy and made for someone with a much bigger mouth, I'm constantly banging it into the inside of my mouth without realizing it.

Trish, hope you can shake off your allergies and that Isla is feeling better soon. I have allergies something fierce, but so does everyone else around here, including my big guy, we both sneeze like gangbusters pretty much all the time. When he reverse sneezes it sounds awful and scares me to death, but the vet said it's nothing to worry about, so I'm trying not to worry so much.

Speaking of doggies, I saw this cutie in the Yahoo news this am and just had to share, (she's an AB like Winston and, yes, I can see him doing this, maybe not for love but definitely for food).

http://news.yahoo.com/dog-gets-head-...123619270.html

Cheers and happy Tuesday,

All-About Posbear
    View Posbear's Listings
    Forum Posts

I just found out (by email) from my eldest son that he and 2 more of my sons are flying out to Fuertaventura, Canary Isles in the morning, returning Sunday night.
    Blimey, that was a bombshell, I had no idea.
    Apparently they each thought that the others had told me.
    He is single but the other two are leaving their pregnant partners and children behind!
    So it will be another week without seeing them.

I had emailed him to see if he and the others wanted to come round to watch the footy, which they all used to do, but not any more. Sigh.
    Graham

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it is about learning to dance in the rain.

Pos, I just cannot believe how self centred your sons are behaving.
    Firstly, to send you an email with pic of the Sunday Roast that he was about to consume was totally out of order to me - especially as they know that you live alone.
    Why on earth didn't they invite you around to dine with them? Doesn't take much to put out an extra plate.
    As for them flying out to Canary Isles - why didn't they invite you, if it is to be a 'man only' trip? (Leaving partners and kids behind) Grrr ...But there again, I suppose it's a 'man thing'.
    Darn it, sure wished you lived closer - you would be very welcome to come around and watch the footy with JR, and I would make sure that you had a good full belly of fodder to start you off (before the cans/bottles of plonk appeared!) Oh, and many thanks for the tipple and choon from one of my very favourite bands Nightwish, and of course Tarja.

Sues, I never heard of a reverse sneeze, does this mean that a doggie kind of swallows a sneeze?
    Visit my clothes store -here
    Look in my treasure in trove ! here
    For
    soy wax candles, tarts & melts click here
    For trading cards click here
    Visit my Tazo barhere

All-About Posbear
    View Posbear's Listings
    Forum Posts

Thank you Trish, you are a diamond

I know the reason why my sons are becoming more remote.
    When my ex left me with the 4 boys in April 2012 we became very close and looked after each other.
    I should explain also that my eldest son has his own house, my ex and youngest son live with him.
    My other 2 sons live near their older brother in one house, (two sons in one house, two sons in the other) in fact one of them is moving directly opposite their mum next week after their hol.
    Since the ex came to live over here earlier this year my boys have noticeably changed.
    Even the babysitting has decreased.
    Doesn't take much to work things out!

Anyway, I will just get on with my own life now and stop complaining

Rooney just scored Englands second goal

Blimey, I think the wind here is trying to lift the roof off!

Back to the footy
    Graham

Forum Saint
    View Oldandintheway's Feedback (+385)
    All-About Oldandintheway
    View Oldandintheway's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Poscar View Post
    Thank you Trish, you are a diamond

I know the reason why my sons are becoming more remote.
    When my ex left me with the 4 boys in April 2012 we became very close and looked after each other.
    I should explain also that my eldest son has his own house, my ex and youngest son live with him.
    My other 2 sons live near their older brother in one house, (two sons in one house, two sons in the other) in fact one of them is moving directly opposite their mum next week after their hol.
    Since the ex came to live over here earlier this year my boys have noticeably changed.
    Even the babysitting has decreased.
    Doesn't take much to work things out!

Anyway, I will just get on with my own life now and stop complaining

Rooney just scored Englands second goal

Blimey, I think the wind here is trying to lift the roof off!

Back to the footy
    Just my 2 cents here Pos & I mean this in the nicest possible way, but I think you're right, you should get on with life.
    I wouldn't sit home waiting for callers, in fact, I think it may be more useful to make myself less available.
    Think about getting out & about in the community with some sort of social activity, hobby club, sport or volunteer work.
    We have an organization down here known as "Men's Sheds" (check the link) where guys can get together for a chat, but mostly they make things for charity & community projects etc. You may have something similar there? OR - you could start your own if you have the time!
    https://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&r...FN1cECrLSA3cdA
    "Every boy needs a shed"

Thread Information