Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Cocktails!!! and Music

Default Re: Cocktails!!! and Music

Where is everybody?

Much has been going on here - last week JR had a blackout and was admitted to hospital. It was his heart that caused it, and he was fitted with a pacemaker last Friday. He was allowed home on Saturday, and he is doing fine now.

We were picked up on Sunday (John can't drive for quite some time) and taken to Adriana's birthday party, which was lovely. I got to be with four of my five kids and their families - eldest couldn't make it as she lives in Cornwall. We shall see her 20th August all being well, as she is travelling up to Great Yarmouth, not too far from us. We have booked a B&B there so that we can share some precious time together.

Today - what a blerdy fiasco! I was booked in for a laser treatment on my left eye, been waiting for a year or so - Lucia took me, since JR was not allowed to drive. I sat in the waiting room for 1 hour then was called to get drops in my eye, ready for the treatment. I was then informed that there had been an emergency situation and treatments were very much behind schedule. I was showed back to the waiting room with my eye watering and stinging with the drops, then another three quarters of an hour later I was - at last - called for. The doctor then informed me that as I had read the chart pretty well, there was no need to do a laser treatment ..... I was absolutely gobsmacked!

Why was I sent there, why was I made to wait almost 2 hours, then told to go home without treatment? My left eye is still watering and with blurred vision, blerdy good job I have another eye to compensate ... lol!

Bone marrow biopsy results ...no conclusion, still waiting for second opinion. Red blood cell count has gone up, consultant phoned yesterday and I'm to undergo yet more venesections, but not with a needle as this has proved a waste of time for them, and a painful experience for me with both arms badly bruised. They are doing it with a cannula which hopefully should give them the required 450mL .

Well, doing my best to bring in buyers , have put promotional flyers in with all my sales from t'other side - no one has bitten, I wonder why?

I hope all you good people are OK. Do please let us know - seems ages since anyone posted here.

I'm still keeping the bar open, and the juke-box is loaded on freeplay - so c'mon in, have a tipple and play us a choon!

Name:  bar.JPG
Views: 116
Size:  82.0 KB

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qadw2rFiaJc
    Visit my clothes store -here
    Look in my treasure in trove ! here
    For
    soy wax candles, tarts & melts click here
    For trading cards click here
    Visit my Tazo barhere

Forum Saint
    View moonwitch's Feedback (+1616)
    All-About moonwitch
    View moonwitch's Listings
    Forum Posts

I'm here

What a fiasco ....I think the hospitals have gone a bit silly since the COVID stuff and the catching up is just messing all sorts of people about.

Name:  IMG_6346.jpg
Views: 110
Size:  42.3 KB

Name:  IMG_6347.jpg
Views: 111
Size:  46.6 KB

I have decided I don't like short sleeves any more and since I have lots of short sleeve shirts, I've been trying to alter them for wear. This is my latest completion.

I have been working on getting my yard cut down. We had a really wet Spring and I did have the good fortune of getting Johnny Tractor going and a lot of mowing completed. I just ordered a trimmer from The River, that should complete the yard. Today has been hot with a very short shower. Just long enough for me to get the appropriate windows closed. I have been getting other clean ups done around here and I have. a few spaces that are clearer than before I started and perhaps a few people grateful for a few humble gifts.

We've had a couple of fusses over changes within the town, mostly by people who are not directly involved, but unwilling to see change. Why does change always bother people, it happens every day? In fact, no change would be an unusual day. Anyway the Sheriff has had cars in town a couple of times since June 1.

Name:  IMG_6343.jpg
Views: 112
Size:  50.5 KB

I got rid of the top layer of this pile yea!

The camping trip was a success. Many miles were ridden with the 4 wheelers and Buddy was happy the whole time and happy to be home also. Lost no ducks or fish during their absence.
    Last edited by wyocowgirl1; 9th July 2021 at 01:21 AM.
    <a href=http://us.ebid.net/stores/Princess-Os-Treasures target=_blank><font color=#111111><span style=font-family: Tahoma>http://us.ebid.net/stores/Princess-Os-Treasures</span></font></a>

I YDC, Do you?

View HerMajesty's Feedback (+1863)
    All-About HerMajesty
    View HerMajesty's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hey, Wyo! I really like your alteration! Great idea! I'm a huge fan of 3/4 sleeves.......long ones just get wet around the wrists when I'm at the sink so often, and short ones aren't warm enough (yes, it's a lot cooler over here.). Glad you're having good luck with your organizing.

Trish - sorry about JR, but glad he's all fixed up again. No fun. And yes, hospitals are being run ragged trying to cope with new and old cases. Glad your eye was better, but sorry about the hassle!

(3) Val Doonican - Walk Tall - YouTube
    Ta-Ta for now!

HerMajesty

Slide Inn for Vintage 35mm photographic slides
    https://uk.ebid.net/stores/Slide-Inn

ALSO!! Click below to see my store, THE BEE'S KNEES!
    https://the-bees-knees.ebid.net

I had a hectic morning. Miss Roosevelt must have had an upset tummy, she had 2 bouts with diarrhea this morning and that is so much fun with her long coat. I guess one pays for their beauty. I was so busy cleaning her up and the housekeepers were here, so I didn't get coffee until late and I have forgotten if I got her nylabone dental stick to her or not. Oh well. the box says she can have 2 a day, I may take a chance later.

Breakfast has now faded into lunch time.

Thanks to Her Majesty, I have saved several summer shirts by changing sleeves to 3/4 or long sleeves. The long sleeves are on knit tops, so I can push them up. Does that make them 3/4? he he

I finally have my yard under control better than it has been for years thanks to help from my new neighbors.

Last week I went to see the dentist's son. I really liked the Dad, but he passed away, but the son seems to be a nice fellow. I asked him about implants - expensive! and he mentioned the bone surgery in my mouth in order to have a halfway comfortable lower plate. Anyone had that done? I have a friend here who had implants done around 10 years ago, but she has an allergy to metal and I've heard her body is weakening the implants because of that.

I hope everyone is doing OK, I think I will go find some lunch? maybe I should just go for food. I have some frozen breakfast bowls - that can be filling and tasty. I am looking forward to 2 days without chores across the street.

<a href=http://us.ebid.net/stores/Princess-Os-Treasures target=_blank><font color=#111111><span style=font-family: Tahoma>http://us.ebid.net/stores/Princess-Os-Treasures</span></font></a>

I YDC, Do you?

Well we had a week away last week down in Herefordshire Forest of Dean and the Wye Valley. Was really nice but very very hot, we were in one of the hottest spots in the country!! Not great if like me you are not good with hot weather, so it was out in the mornings and back to the cottage we rented later in the afternoons.

Hope you all are coping yourselves with the heat, and those who have had rain I hope you've not been flooded. Parts of Mansfield got flooded while we were away and they also had hail stones almost as large as golf balls !!

Anyway time for another bunch of tunes curtesy of my I-Tunes play list and good old You-Tube.

The Ballad of Cherry Flavar - YouTube

Nancy Sing Me a Song (2007 Remaster) - YouTube

Runrig - The Greatest Flame (Official Music Video) - YouTube

Dr. Feelgood - Back in the Night - YouTube

John Stewart - California Bloodlines - YouTube

Teddy Thompson - That's Enough Out of You. - YouTube

Alvin Lee:-'Back In '69' - YouTube

The Mrs. Ackroyd Band - Dachshunds With Erections Can't Climb Stairs - YouTube

Sunny Girlfriend (2007 Remastered Version) - YouTube

Dream Kid - YouTube

Babe Ruth - Elusive - YouTube

Forum Saint
    All-About moonwitch
    Forum Posts

Looks like I will be moving my listings from eBid over the next few weeks as I no longer have Paypal available to me and I haven't been actively trading here in more than a year.

Chatting here still looks good as I don't want to lose touch with you guys

Hey Mooney, you are always welcome here, you are not allowed to lose touch with your eBid pals!

Books, another bunch of good choons ... lol! Dachshunds with erections .... I loved the Marmalade choon, they are amongst my favourite bands, what superb harmonies. JR and I were lucky enough to see them live in Hanley, Stoke-On-Trent. This is my favourite from them ... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqUDRkO93DA

Wyo, I have implants and I would not ever like to be without them! They are just super, just like my own (few) real teeth! I have bridges, lower plate, crowns etc - I could have bought a new house with what I have forked out in the past for dentistry fees! I hope that Sadie has now recovered from her bout of diarrhea. Not nice!

Your Maj, JR is doing fine, thank-you. I had another traumatic experience at the hospital for the venesection - I was admitted to the day ward, put on a drip - and after 2 hours and five punctures in my arms they finally managed to get the required 450mL. I have another appointment in three weeks time. I think I will cancel, I've had enough bloodletting medieval torture!

I'm missing all our old cocktail pals, if any of you are reading this thread, do sign in and have a chat.
    Some jovial lighthearted banter in the forums would be appreciated
    For
    Visit my Tazo barhere

Forum Saint
    All-About moonwitch
    Forum Posts

I have made so many good friends here and had so many fun times.

I'm only moving my stuff to free up time to do other stuff that is keeping me busy in the real world.

You guys can't get rid of me that easily

Quote Originally Posted by moonwitch View Post
    I have made so many good friends here and had so many fun times.

I'm only moving my stuff to free up time to do other stuff that is keeping me busy in the real world.

You guys can't get rid of me that easily

Good to hear Mooney, let's hope that the fun times will be reignited!
    For
    Visit my Tazo barhere

Thread Information