eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Cocktails!!! and Music

Forum Saint
    View adruml's Feedback (+1138)
    All-About adruml
    View adruml's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Cocktails!!! and Music

Howdy everybody!! Thought I would have a quick pop in when I had a chance. Been getting ready for Big Foot Band Camp 4 day music fest and since I have never been to an outdoor 4 day music fest I had a lot of preparing to do. We are actually only going to be there all day Friday through Sunday morning.
    Christine is going to be the main Vendor at the Fest. They are actually waiting until we arrive and set up her booth before they start building the stage so we are excited about that. Just trying to get her booth set up has been taking some time and $$. Then of course we will be camping for the entire time we are there and we had no camping equipment so rounding up what we need for that took some time.
    The weather is supposed to cooperate with temps in the low 80s Friday and high of 70 on Saturday so we aren't going to bake in the sun. Possibility of Thunderstorms Friday afternoon but we'll be ready for it.
    If I don't post back in here today I will catch up Sunday evening!!

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

Ooh how exciting! Hope the fest goes well and you have a lot of fun. Best to Christine, not that she needs it with her talent but there it is anyhow.

Cheers,

Hi everyone,
    Oh blimey - so much to catch up on!
    It is absolutely GORGEOUS weather here in sunny Suffolk - we have had temps in the 90's and I just love it!
    I haven't used the indoor oven/cooker for ages - I love to cook outside on my little gas burners/grill - saving a bomb in electricity!

Ole JR had a lovely birthday weekend, it was just wonderful to see Teagan, Matt and little Abigail again.
    Oh, she cracks me up - she is sooo funny - she repeats everything now, her speech is fantastic for her age.

Oooh Al - how exciting is that music fest?
    I envy you as I just love camping, some of my best memories of life are from past camping holidays.
    It is fabulous when then weather is good, but you have to be prepared for bad weather too (especially here in UK).
    I remember so well when we all went down to Penzance in Cornwall, and all of us had to hang onto the tent poles to stop the tent from blowing away!
    All our kids agree that camping/caravanning holidays are just simply the best!
    There is nothing on earth as satisfying as cooking bacon and eggs for breakfast al fresco!
    A little advice ... do you have an inflatable double mattress to sleep on?
    You know what - we have had four, and they keep deflating, after a couple of nights.
    The kids blame it on abuse, but JR isn't THAT heavy - they must have been faulty.
    I shall get two single put-you-up beds with a solid frame for our next camping trip.
    I think I have one already stashed away in the garage somewhere.

I wish Christine all the best with her booth, and hope that she does well, as I'm sure she will, with her remarkable talents.

Sues, my Kaiser often gets an ear infection. I guess it's because a GSD has erect ears, and when they go bouncing about in long grasses, seeds get into the ears, and irritate. We have to get ear wash and drops for him on a regular basis.
    So glad that his treatment for the heart worms has gone well.

Wyo, as I'm particularly prone to skeeter bites - I will take your advice on the dryer sheets in pocket theory.
    I use everything to prevent the critters from devouring my blood, but I guess that they just love alcohol!
    I have had as many as 13 bites on one leg, and sadly I react badly and have to seek medical assistance.
    Glad to hear that you are having a great time with Fletcher.

Tony, hope you are OK, remember that your friends are here, so don't worry too much, son.

I'll sign out now, and check on my green ticks for YDC - there are some sneaky so and so's that keep swiping my ticks!
    Be good y'all! xxx
    Visit my clothes store -here
    Look in my treasure in trove ! here
    For
    soy wax candles, tarts & melts click here
    For trading cards click here
    Visit my Tazo barhere

All-About suesjools
    Forum Posts

LOL Trish, I hear ya, somebody has been nicking my ticks, too, too bad a dryer sheet can't keep them at bay. Thanks for the grass mention, maybe that's Winston's problem, grass is quite long here as Dad hasn't mowed since going to NY and I'm not sure how to go about it myself, (will have to learn these kinds of things soon).

Happy belated birthday to JR, sounds like you're having a blast.

Cheers,

Sues, when I first moved back to Wyo. I didn't even know how to start a lawn mower. Hubby always did that sort of thing. Now I have a riding lawn mower, a self propelled push mower and a push edger - broken at the moment despite Fletcher's best efforts to fix it. I think it should start now, but we haven't been able to persuade it yet. He is quite the young man. He dug out half of my overgrown flower bed this morning. We had a BIG thunderstorm yesterday -24th. We got home and put the car in the garage just in time. Golf ball size hail and the street was one big puddle, so we had nice soft ground to work this morning. He thought he was going to get this volunteer tree out, but it got the better of him. The roots probably go to China. Maybe I will see if Cody can get it out with the skid steer and a chain. We got the Peony moved to a new space and I keep finding tulip bulbs as he clears. We had to sweep the deck as it was covered with bits from the spruce tree courtesy of the hail.

I got some rimadyl for Onika's arthritis. When we went for her check up the Vet said she had a bit in her back legs and she hoped clipping her claws would help, so we waited to see. It didn't but evidently me carrying the medicine home in my purse does help and she was quite active today and even climbed into my lap for a bit. I began giving her a half pill twice a day this morning and the Vet said it would take a couple of days for us to see any relief.

Happy birthday to JR. Glad you are enjoying the summer, Trish. we are having a lovely summer here also. The storms are just because this is rodeo week (Cheyenne Frontier Days). It hasn't been overly hot and the wheat is in the bin. My friend Gary said his protein level was high, so I hope I can say the same thing. You get a better price for high protein.

I wish I could go with you Al, I always loved outdoor concerts and the one all day one I went to was great! Jerry Lee Lewis, Johnny Rivers, and more. Put on by a Denver Oldies radio station several years ago at Mile High Stadium. Lots of fun.
    <a href=http://us.ebid.net/stores/Princess-Os-Treasures target=_blank><font color=#111111><span style=font-family: Tahoma>http://us.ebid.net/stores/Princess-Os-Treasures</span></font></a>

I YDC, Do you?

All-About suesjools
    Forum Posts

Thanks Wyo, I guess I'm not as bad as I'd imagined, though I've never done outdoor work, (Dad's province and then, being a renter, the various landlords'), or cooked either for that matter, (Mom was always a spectacular cook and then my various bfs were always good cooks so I deferred to them and stuck to washing up afterwards). I do need to learn some of this stuff sometime so I'm not entirely hopeless, the riding mower sounds like a good idea but Dad would kill me if I broke one of his, so guess I'm stuck with long grass for now, not really a problem except for the bugs, but I'm guessing they'd be here whether I mowed or not. Socks (Dad's cat) actually likes the longer grass for hunting, she caugh a small bunny the other day and then a vole yesterday evening, both eaten after being displayed, (she loves the attention).

Wow, Jerry Lee Lewis, that must have been some concert! Haven't been to a good concert myself in some years, in high school we went all the time, saw Reo Speedwagon, Rush, Bon Jovi, Styx, Survivor, etc., etc., as they all came to NY at some time or another. I miss good live music, there's just something you can't get from recordings.

Hope Onika is feeling better soon. Winston sends his best and a large woof.

Cheers,

Yesterday was work day at the shop. Fletcher and Liz got along famously and we had a large amount of rain in the late afternoon. Over an inch in the last two days. Tonight is the last night show at Frontier, so we might have a gully washer, or not. Fletcher is finishing the flower bed, so I'd better keep this short. His Mom called and his Dad e mailed, but we decided to wait another week before sending the ransom note - LOL!

I heard that friend Gary lost his wheat in the hailstorm, but I thought he had some of it cut - can't get him at home, it's parade day in town and this is probably the last year for his beautiful horses as they are 21 and 23. Percherons.

<a href=http://us.ebid.net/stores/Princess-Os-Treasures target=_blank><font color=#111111><span style=font-family: Tahoma>http://us.ebid.net/stores/Princess-Os-Treasures</span></font></a>

I YDC, Do you?

All-About suesjools
    Forum Posts

LOL Wyo, kidnapping a young dude and not sharing, shame on you!

How is Onika? Hope she's feeling better. Winston sends his best and a big woof.

Gully washer, that makes me laugh, my Dad being from Iowa he uses that term a lot. The first time my Mom (from NY) heard it, she thought he was saying "belly washer" and for years afterwards that's what she thought, a lot of rain that washes the cows' and horses' bellies.

Cheers and happy Sunday,

Sues, the parents just called, are they getting lonely, perhaps? Empty nest? The plot thickens.

Onika has no trouble taking her pill and we have observed a couple of jumps that she hasn't been trying of late, so I think perhaps it is relieving some pain. She would send a woof back to Winston, but she's asleep right now. She has started to hang around with Fletcher, he woke up before me this morning and when I woke up I couldn't find her. She was with Fletcher. He said as soon as he started to stir she came to see if he was up.

We finished the flower bed yesterday thus causing it to rain today. I forgot to take a before picture - SOP for me - but we got all the old crumbling bricks from around the edge and the weeds/grass out. Fletcher tried to get out the 2 volunteer trees, but the roots go too deep. I told him he didn't have to, but he had to try and see if he could. I think we might need a tractor and chain to pull them out. The side of the house is starting to look better, new windows and now no weeds. Fletcher reports that there is actually a brick in one of the volunteer trees.

I YDC, Do you?

Hi everyone - hope you guys are doin' well.
    Sues, how is Winston? Everything OK with the heart-worm thingy?
    Are you packing for your dream trip to NY?

Hey Wyo - any chance I could 'borrow' Fletcher for a little while?
    He seems like just the perfect and ideal candidate to help me do up my garden (especially that rogue wild hedge at the bottom of the garden).
    The brambles, wild rose and ivy are creeping forward at an alarming rate - not to mention that the other trees/shrubs and stuff which grows upwards is now beginning to block out the views of the sunset. Looks like I shall have to get someone in to help us out, we cannot cope with it.

Hey - sounds like Onika has taken a real shine to Fletcher - betcha she will be sad when he eventually has to leave, as I'm sure you will be too.
    Ever likely his parents phoned - he sounds like such a lovely boy, and they must be getting lonely, as you say.

Empty nest syndrome is bad - I still sigh when I see Lucia's empty room and wished she was here making me laugh, never mind ....
    She is coming up next weekend as we are celebrating ... BIG TIME!
    It is Dominic's birthday on the 5th, daughter no.2 Debbie's birthday on the 6th, and also on the 6th it is our wedding anniversary - JR and I are celebrating 32 years of marriage.
    I don't know which one of us deserves the medal most ...lol!!!!
    Visit my clothes store -here
    Look in my treasure in trove ! here
    For
    soy wax candles, tarts & melts click here
    For trading cards click here
    Visit my Tazo barhere

Thread Information