Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Cocktails!!! and Music

Default Re: Cocktails!!! and Music

Quote Originally Posted by suesjools View Post
    Oh wow, have fun, Tony. Vacations are always lovely.

That's amazing about your dog Shelly, 17 is a great age for a greyhound, (or any dog for that matter). It must have been all the love you gave her that did it.

Have to Google Kos now, as I'm not sure where it is, (geography was never my strong suit).

Cheers,
    Sues, Kos is a Greek Island, not too far away from Turkey.
    Tony - have a great holiday, use your sun screen and bring us back a bottle of Ouzo! (I LOVE it!)

Hope all is OK with you guys, been soooo busy making candles and tarts, tis the season for candles and festive fragrances, methinks!
    Did Winstons jumper arrive Sues?
    Waiting for a pic.
    Hey Pos and books, come out come out wherever you are - I need a fix on music!
    Wyo, whatcha up to?
    Al sent us some cocktails to enjoy ... CHEERS Al!
    Name:  drinks.JPG
Views: 29
Size:  50.9 KB
    Visit my clothes store -here
    Look in my treasure in trove ! here
    For
    soy wax candles, tarts & melts click here
    For trading cards click here
    Visit my Tazo barhere

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

Thanks Trish, it sounds like a lovely place, yet another to add to my uber long 'must visit one day when I win the lottery' list.

Good man, Al, thanks muchly, (gives Al a high five). Hope you're coming back soon, I miss your comments, pix and witty observations.

Trish, Winston's football jersey came yesterday evening, (weird thing that, as the post had already been delivered and just junk mail, then when I went out yesterday evening to pick up the trash bin, the flag was up on my box and I checked and there it was). Checked the fit this am and it fits just barely, verrrrry snug through the neck and chest area, probably an adult jersey would have fit better through the chest area (it's a boys large, size 14-16) but it would've dragged on the ground, so maybe it's better this way. Tried to take a few pix but they came out cruddy, am hoping to do better with better light tomorrow (rainy today), and then hope to post, wish me luck...

Cheers,

Nate & Mike called yesterday about 2 pm to tell me they were coming to do the shelves in my storage building. I waited about 45 min and no contractors, then I spied their van out by the grainary. They were unloaded and had the lumber sawed. They were done by 5 and I have 4 lovely sets of shelves. Very sturdy too.

<a href=http://us.ebid.net/stores/Princess-Os-Treasures target=_blank><font color=#111111><span style=font-family: Tahoma>http://us.ebid.net/stores/Princess-Os-Treasures</span></font></a>

I YDC, Do you?

All-About suesjools
    Forum Posts

Sounds good, Wyo. It's always nice when folks do what they say they will, and even better when they do it well.

Cheers,

Hey there cocktailers!
    Dropped in to say hello - been on the blower (again!) to daughter Lucia for an hour (ouch, my ear deaf)!
    She has just returned from her hols in Tenerife, Canary Isles. She is very tanned, has had a wonderful holiday, and is depressed to be back in cold and wet UK. (Sounds like me!)
    Happy to hear that you got your shelves sorted Wyo, and Sues - waiting for a pic of Winston in his football jersey.

I have had several glasses of Pastis (anise-flavored liqueur and apéritif from France ) ..... did I ever tell you about the four French tourists that came into my pub in St Columb Cornwall? They ordered " quatre Pastis"
    I disappeared into the kitchen and emerged several minutes later with 4 hot Cornish pasties ....
    They were not amused .....

Oh well, c'est la vie...
    We all make mistakes - said the Dalek climbing off a dustbin ........ lol!!!
    Visit my clothes store -here
    Look in my treasure in trove ! here
    For
    soy wax candles, tarts & melts click here
    For trading cards click here
    Visit my Tazo barhere

All-About suesjools
    Forum Posts

LOL Trish! That reminds me of something an ex told me many years ago; he was in high school at the time and they were hosting a foreign exchange student from France. Apparently they went to McD's and he ordered a Big Mac; when asked what it was by the student he said "specialte de la maison!" From the way he told it, the student wasn't exactly impressed.

Sounds like your daughter had fun, lucky her! One of these years I'll go somewhere, (according to bf I'm on my way)...

Just found out the local comm. college has a dog grooming class starting in January, think I'll sign up and learn what it's all about. The only minus I can see is that the equipment is a bit pricey, but as the holidaze are coming up it may just be OK. It mentioned bringing a dog or cat to groom, guess W. will have to go, though he's hardly a candidate for clipping (and shaving would make him look like a Mexican hairless, LOL)!

Cheers,

Hi everyone, been a bit busy with family stuff, but just popped in and see Trish is looking for some music. I went to see Steeleye Span last night, not seen them live since early seventies.

Their latest album is a collaboration with Terry Pratchett based on his "Wintersmith" book.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OIp0hnJsxX0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybsZpSn1grg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bfEUBJLZSHw

Just got the latest album by a great young singer songwriter Jess Morgan, here are a couple of tracks from it,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=an6SeyGtxl4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Svo8x...S9yZnqPosDaw8A

All-About suesjools
    Forum Posts

Thanks Books, time to pump up the volume.

Cheers,

View Posbear's Feedback (+43)
    All-About Posbear
    View Posbear's Listings
    Forum Posts

Pheeeewww, I am back!
    Here is my absence note
    One of my sons finally got the keys this week to his first home, we have been soooooo busy trying to get it decorated so that he and his partner could move in.
    Why the rush? he became a dad at 4 am yesterday, so giving me my second grandchild and my first grandson!
    Job is done, baby and mum will hopefully come out of hospital today or tomorrow.
    I was therefore asleep on my feet and unable to attend, lol.

Mel!!!
    Thank you for sharing your vids, My memory bank rumbled into action when I heard Steeleye span again.
    Back in 1971 I went to a performance of Steeleye Span and Fairport Convention on Ainsdale Beach near Southport!
    They were doing a show for Granada TV. I thought I would never relive that event, but I just did!.
    I did a Google search, found recordings of the concert and I also found photos of the event, including a pic with me on it. I can also see a lot of my oldfriends in the photo too.

Performance vids.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLdVz...172559CF9548D4

The photos I found.. http://steeleye.freeservers.com/southport71.htm

and me!

Attachment 47193
    Graham

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it is about learning to dance in the rain.

Great pic Graham. Just had a quick look at the vids, will have a better look later, have to go shopping!! It would have been a couple of years later I saw them around 73,74. Maddy Prior has still got a great voice and the band though changed in line up over the years is has tight as ever. Rick was on great form, super bass playing and lots of witty comments.

Thread Information