Forum Saint
    View tonyreddevil's Feedback (+74)
    All-About tonyreddevil
    View tonyreddevil's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Cocktails!!! and Music

Good Morning Everybody

Hi everyone, and a special hello to our birthday girl!

It's a beautiful evening here - the sun is shining but we still have that pesky cold wind from the North East.
    JR and I have sat in our little shelter listening to the radio and drinking whilst I cooked the taters and veg on the camping stove. We were protected from the wind and now I have sunburn - didn't realise the sun was so strong.
    I have had to make candles today - just got to pack them up for posting now - then I really need to try and get some packing done for the hols next week.
    So much to do and organise! I had better have another G&T to calm my nerves .....lol!!!!
    Champagne toast for our special birthday girl methinks ......
    Happy Birthday Sues! Name:  champers.JPG
Views: 37
Size:  25.7 KB
    Visit my clothes store -here
    Look in my treasure in trove ! here
    For
    soy wax candles, tarts & melts click here
    For trading cards click here
    Visit my Tazo barhere

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

Awwww thanks, Trish, I'll likely be having wine with dinner, bf is taking me to our favorite seafood restaurant, we almost never go out, so it will be super nice. I think wine and champagne go well together, hiccup...

Have fun on your holidays and do take plenty of pix to share, I love seeing holiday pix, makes me feel like I was there. I'll have to try and get some camp pix when I'm there this summer, I always forget, hopefully I'll remember to bring the camera, that will help.

Cheers,

Have a lovely evening Sues, and enjoy your meal out at the seafood restaurant.
    Be sure to order lots of Oysters ..... an' you know what that leads to..... ..... after all, 'tis your birthday .... lol!!!

Big hug (((((xxx)))))

PS: I just edited this post to let you know that you share the same birthday with my no.1 firstborn, my beautiful eldest daughter Tracey.
    I'm now going to phone her to wish her a happy birthday ..... I don't get to see her much as she lives in Cornwall ....a helluva drive from here
    Last edited by Tropical_Trish; 10th June 2015 at 08:54 PM.
    Visit my clothes store -here
    Look in my treasure in trove ! here
    For
    soy wax candles, tarts & melts click here
    For trading cards click here
    Visit my Tazo barhere

Forum Saint
    View Oldandintheway's Feedback (+385)
    All-About Oldandintheway
    View Oldandintheway's Listings
    Forum Posts

I once ate a dozen oysters, but only eleven of them worked!

I'm always the last to know! LOL!

Happy birthday Sues!

I am trying to decide if I should do some work on the recently vacated #1, it won't take as much work as #3 did (famous last words). How the He double toothpicks does one find a good contractor! I just checked out the Chamber of Commerce directory and it looks like those guys are too high brow for me. I will attack again in the morning.

It rained most of the day today and our yellow triangles now also mean Flash Flood warnings as the ground is at 100% saturation. Hope everyone is doing OK, Trish have a great "vacation" as we call them stateside. I could use a lifetime in Spain.

<a href=http://us.ebid.net/stores/Princess-Os-Treasures target=_blank><font color=#111111><span style=font-family: Tahoma>http://us.ebid.net/stores/Princess-Os-Treasures</span></font></a>

I YDC, Do you?

All-About suesjools
    Forum Posts

Trish, that is soooo cool we share a birthday! Judy Garland was born on our birthday, too, which I always used to tell my sister, right after reminding her she shared a birthday with Jeff Davis, LOL.

Old, too funny! Coffee spew alert...

Wyo, hope you find a good contractor. I hear ya on the highbrow thing; on a skin issues forum I belong to one of the members started a thread about types of coffee people drink and you wouldn't believe all the fancy names (and big prices). I told them I get my coffee from BK, (true, and sometimes McD's). Needless to say, that killed the thread, LOL. I'm just not fancy enough I guess...

Dinner was lovely, but that was that. We're transitioning from bf/gf to friends, so that's appropriate; we're still as close as ever, but we want different things in different places, so that sort of kills the whole romance thing. IMHO friends is even better as we get all the good stuff without having the dreaded "talks" or all the other stuff that goes with a conventional relationship; (I always say I'm a hippie born out of my era, I think I'd have fit in much better in the '60s than nowadays).

Cue up the Beatles or Stones...

Cheers,

View Posbear's Feedback (+43)
    All-About Posbear
    View Posbear's Listings
    Forum Posts

Morning all

Another sunny day here, I hope that the forecasted thunderstorms stay away, don't want my seedlings to get battered by the rain!

My hallway was cleared of stored items on Wednesday so I've been busy redecorating it. The problem with hallways is the amount of doors and door frames to paint. I have 5 doorways in my little hallway, 4 of which have toplight glass, a pain to paint around.
    Just one final coat of paint in there today and job will be done.

Glad you had a nice evening Sue, you wish that you were a hippy?, I was one! Being born in 1950 I grew up in probably the three best decades, 50s, 60s and 70s where the music and fashion scenes had so many changes
    Another bonus was growing up in Liverpool where the music scene influenced the world.

Probably the most famous hippy song...

http://youtu.be/mJ_WG3d3GL8

I never did get to San Francisco, but did go to St.Ives a lot

Trish, have a good holiday in Spain
    Graham

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it is about learning to dance in the rain.

All-About suesjools
    Forum Posts

OMG Graham, you are too cool. Ex bf is a hippie, too (he was a surf bum in the 60s-70s by his own admission) in fact most of my favorite people are folks from his generation and not mine, which might be a bit odd, but then I've always been odd, so I don't think too much of it. A lot of folks my age are too uptight for my tastes, I'm just the opposite, so there's a natural difficulty there, whereas with ex bf (OK, that sounds weird, I think I'll just stick with bf) and his friends I fit in almost naturally as they're easygoing, too. Sometimes I wish I could turn back time (shades of Cher, LOL) and experience it all for myself.

If anyone builds a time machine please please please take me with you.

Trish, have fun in Spain and watch out for those hot Latino dancers, (or don't and have even more fun).

Cheers and a big WOOF from the hothouse,

All-About suesjools
    Forum Posts

In other disgusting news:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/13...-sells-ebay-3k

Wonder if Sir Elton or Sir Paul would raffle off some signed undies for us, LOL.

Cheers,

Thread Information