Thread: Cocktails!!! and Music

Forum Saint
    View Oldandintheway's Feedback (+385)
    All-About Oldandintheway
    View Oldandintheway's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Cocktails!!! and Music

G'day everybody - I'm baaaack!

Had a good trip away except for the drama of a medical emergency on the flight up, when a guy had a threatened heart attack. Fortunately they got him to hospital in Townsville when we landed & man, I can tell you, the pilot came in hot & fast on that runway.
    My 90 year old Aunty had a great party & I/we had trouble keeping up with her.
    I see no reason why she won't get her telegram from the Queen in 10 years time!
    Here are a few pix from up north for your enjoyment?

Clock tower at the center crossroads main street Ayr north Qld.

The view south towards Bowen 1 hour away

Towns Post Office

Main industry is sugar cane farming

Me wrangling a snake that escaped a cane fire

Real story on the snake

Yours truly at the beach

View from Inkerman Hill lookout over cane fields below

Skulking in the cane

A far north Qld cousin caught this tiddler - Barramundi

Quote Originally Posted by wyocowgirl1 View Post
    We had some thunder bumpers last night, louder than they have been this summer and I didn't get to the bedroom window fast enough, so I had to clean up the rain.

Here are the shot glasses fill em with your preference -
    Attachment 50883
    Are those iced glasses? Well done!

Sue, good luck with the job. If you get will we be neighbors.

Great pics, Old ... thanks for sharing.

View Posbear's Feedback (+43)
    All-About Posbear
    View Posbear's Listings
    Forum Posts

Good morning all

A lot cooler today so far.

Not been on for a while so thought I'd better catch up.

I have been suffering with vertigo attacks this last week, a condition known as BPPV which should clear if I do certain head movements to alleviate it.
    Most of my son's possessions have gone, rest will go this weekend so I've restarted the renovation. Being left handed, when I look up to the left to see where I am painting I get the vertigo! Sod's law eh!
    I find that 5 minutes flat on my back helps, as did a good dose of brandy last night before I went to bed

Trish, glad you are over the worst now and what a lovely family you have.
    Wyo, I made use of those shot glasses last night
    Old, good to see you back here again and great pics.
    A warm welcome to Hurry, you must call in again.

This has become a proper international thread, we get to see a lot of the world from here

Now for a truly uplifting worldwide choon,

Refresher anyone?

Graham

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it is about learning to dance in the rain.

Forum Saint
    View Oldandintheway's Feedback (+385)
    All-About Oldandintheway
    View Oldandintheway's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hey Pos - that vertigo's a real "beech" hope you're over it soonest another mollydooker here

A little while back I promised some more orchids in flower, so here they be!

Dendrobium Alisun mini compact var alba - its first flowering

Liparis reflexa an Oz native with strong sent of stale urine, flowers only 2mm across

Coelogyne flaccida native to the Himalayas with a heavy sweet scent

Sues my package arrived today, all ready tuned to a country station - was the radio stolen? LOL! A friend of mine claims he has a stolen radio because all he can get on it are country stations.

It's been a lovely day today, 75F and it's 5:50 pm.

I was mowing the park today and the bookmobile lady parked the bookmobile and headed for the rest rooms. While she was in there the sprinklers came on (they are supposed to come on at 1:00 am). Should have seen her face when she came out! I called Gary to report the problem and I told him it was more fun to catch someone in the sprinkler if you are there to watch! We think maybe the power drop on Tuesday night is probably the problem. At least that's Gary story and he's sticking to it. I was having fun getting my timing down so I could mow past the sprinkler while it was going the other direction. I just had the hang of it and Glenn turned them off - Booo! he's no fun, but then he is 80 something.

The directions on the ice glasses say kool-aid was used for the color. Sounds like fun, but you couldn't hold them long and how fast would the liquor melt the ice.

<a href=http://us.ebid.net/stores/Princess-Os-Treasures target=_blank><font color=#111111><span style=font-family: Tahoma>http://us.ebid.net/stores/Princess-Os-Treasures</span></font></a>

I YDC, Do you?

Ha ha, Old, we must have been posting at the same time. Lovely orchids!!!

I forgot to say That no good deed goes unpunished, Johnny tractor now has a sore foot from mowing the park.
    Last edited by wyocowgirl1; 3rd July 2015 at 12:15 AM.
    <a href=http://us.ebid.net/stores/Princess-Os-Treasures target=_blank><font color=#111111><span style=font-family: Tahoma>http://us.ebid.net/stores/Princess-Os-Treasures</span></font></a>

I YDC, Do you?

Quote Originally Posted by wyocowgirl1 View Post

The directions on the ice glasses say kool-aid was used for the color. Sounds like fun, but you couldn't hold them long and how fast would the liquor melt the ice.
    I'm willing to take on that challenge! lol!

A jolly Good Morning to everyone - from beautiful sunny Suffolk.

Welcome home Old, and thanks for the super holiday and orchid pics .... you sure have some fine specimens there, orchids that is!!!

Pos, great to hear from you, what a booger that vertigo is - mind you, I have often found myself flat on my back after a good dose of brandy(or whisky) the night before! Thanks for the choon - very apt.

Sues, any news on the NY certificate and job yet? Wishing you all the luck in the world, it's time you got a break, you try so hard to get fixed up and NY would be just great for you ... as you often say ... fingers, toes, and eyeballs crossed for you! Kaiser sends a woof to Winston, he is feeling chipper after being discharged from the vets on Tuesday after a clean bill of health ....yayyy!!!

Wyo - sounds like you had fun with the sprinkler and I'm with hurry there with regards to the shot glasses - they are soooo tempting I MUST have one .....
    I think I will have to purchase one of these trays....

.... is it 5 o'clock yet?

Edited to say a big 'hi and welcome' to hurry .... great to have you onboard!
    Last edited by Tropical_Trish; 3rd July 2015 at 07:39 AM.
    Visit my clothes store -here
    Look in my treasure in trove ! here
    For
    soy wax candles, tarts & melts click here
    For trading cards click here
    Visit my Tazo barhere

View Posbear's Feedback (+43)
    All-About Posbear
    View Posbear's Listings
    Forum Posts

Morning all

Good to have updates from everyone.

Great orchids there Old!

I tried to get brandy induced vertigo last night, but fell asleep before it kicked in

Thinking about it, it's probably not vertigo. I think my brain has shrunk and when I move my head it rolls around from side to side and bangs on my skull bone !

It's another sunny day here in Cheshire so I might do a bit of weeding in the garden until it gets too hot.

Graham

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it is about learning to dance in the rain.

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

Old, love the pix. You look just like one of my favorite profs from music school, how cool is that? I swear everyone on Earth has a double, I saw mine once when I was a kid in church, then when I went to say hi after the service she was gone. My Grandma figured the church was hot and stuffy and I might have been seeing things, which is possible as I have an active imagination, always have, but to this day I still think I saw something...

Still too warm here and now muggy with all the rain. Hope to get to NY soon and enjoy the river. Still can't submit the questionnaire but will call Monday am and speak with the lady in charge, she was on vacation this week. More jobs to apply for, I need to work more on this but it gets discouraging after a while. Still, I'm trying to remain positive.

Trish, so glad Kaiser is feeling better. Winston and I went to the vet again this am for yet another spot on his back, the vet says to keep an eye on it, my poor baby loves the sun but he's too white (like his Mom) so it doesn't love him back.

Graham, enjoy your gardening. I always wanted to be able to garden, but I think I have a black thumb (or whatever the opposite of green thumb is) as I usually manage to kill everything I set my hand to, so I finally decided to be an admirer of the gardens of others.

Cheers and a Happy 4th to those who are celebrating, (I'm celebrating by keeping inside as I hear way too many loud noises already and don't especially want to hear any more).

Thread Information