Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Cocktails!!! and Music

Default Re: Cocktails!!! and Music

Howdy folks!

Well, we had a lovely time in Great Yarmouth. The hotel was just perfect, right on the sea front opposite the Britannia Pier, food, room perfect.
    It was so lovely to see and actually hug my daughter and four of my grandchildren. My, how they have all grown!

Tracey and family called in on the Wednesday afternoon, and we had a lovely time together - lit the log burner stove and had a barby - we stayed up till after midnight!
    Lots of tears were shed when we said our goodbyes, as we don't know when we shall see each other again.

Wyo, hope your haircut appointment goes well, I really need to pluck courage up to book an appointment to get my mane cut. I hate going to the hairdressers, I like to look ... erm ... rather wild and windswept. Lol!!

Saturday is curry night for us ... I have a king prawn Tikka Masala calling my name, so I shall bid you good people adieu.

Anyone fancy a wee drinkypoo?
    Visit my clothes store -here
    Look in my treasure in trove ! here
    For
    soy wax candles, tarts & melts click here
    For trading cards click here
    Visit my Tazo barhere

Well, it's been a while since anyone posted here .... hope all you guys are OK.
    We were promised heavy, thundery showers here in East Anglia today - never had a drop of rain, we haven't had any for ages. Lawns/gardens are looking sad.
    What silly weather we are having, one minute red hot and then the winds kick in as per usual. The parasol over the table in the garden appears to be knackered, JR tried to let it down and it wouldn't let down, so now it is stuck behind the three garbage bins next to the hedge in the bottom of the garden - possibly until our son can fathom out how to collapse the darn thing. I don't think that we will be using it again this year, unless we have a late hot and sunny spell.

Just served up the usual Friday fish & chips dinner, with mushy peas. Mine is in the oven for later.
    I prefer a few aperitifs before I dine!
    (Just to unwind - had a heavy day making/preparing/sending out a rather large order for my wax melts ..... but don't any of you let on to Sargeant Major Cornish, I prefer to keep mum, in case I get assigned to latrine cleaning duties!)

Must say Happy Birthday to our Mel, (Books) ....
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=inS9gAgSENE
    Last edited by Tropical_Trish; 10th September 2021 at 06:37 PM.
    For
    Visit my Tazo barhere

I'm probably late, but I hope Books had a great day.

Hair cut turned out really nice, kept the curl for 2 days. Usually it stand on end the next morning. Maybe it's the wisdom that has come in.

Still looking for a new mouse, but the computer seems to be working OK once more. No sales here. Making a new pair of PJ's today. Cut them out yesterday - that is the hard part for me. It's been hot during the day here and in the high 50's at night. Sadie likes that. She is getting to be a major Fluff! Cold Winter coming? It has been dry here too.

<a href=http://us.ebid.net/stores/Princess-Os-Treasures target=_blank><font color=#111111><span style=font-family: Tahoma>http://us.ebid.net/stores/Princess-Os-Treasures</span></font></a>

I YDC, Do you?

Hi Wyo! I missed you!
    Are the PJ's for you? I cannot sleep in PJ's although I have many to choose from, including patterns of Winter Snowflakes, Christmas Trees, and a load of Diney ones.
    (All gratefully accepted but not really wanted Christmas gifts!) I like to be almost naked in my pit, apart from a loose fitting nightie.

I'm trying to pluck courage up to go for my three times a year haircut. I have curly hair that looks straight when soaking wet, then when cut shrinks leaving me looking like Betty Boop without my fringe.
    I'm going to make an appointment tomorrow - so I will let you know when I have been shorn, (dreading it more than going to the dentist!)
    For
    Visit my Tazo barhere

Trish, hair cut turned out better than usual. My curls usually end up standing on end the next morning this time they lasted a couple of days. Still not standing on end, but need help now. Seems like time is just flying away for me. Lon & Marj helped shampoo the area rug from the dining room on Labor Day 9/6. I had a 334 series on the first night of bowling. Things have quieted down here as far as neighbor battles. The two dogs next door escaped the yard and chased the horses to the North which prompted the North neighbor to yell at Maryanne, which prompted Maryanne to call the Sheriff yet again. They only sent one car and one deputy this time. I don't know what happened after that. I saw the sherff arrive and my first thought was "oh, no, she didn't". Last time she talked to me she made a point of telling me how she had not been informed by the realtor where her property was and was not. Well, the realtor may or may not have told her, but I did soon after they moved in.

Oh well, I wash my hands of the whole deal. I'll just stick up for myself. I wish I could pick my house up and move it out to the farm. Rattlers might be better neighbors. At least they would be as scared of me as I am of them.

I volunteered to do a demonstration on shipping for sewing club in October. My neighbor across the street sent the butterfly pillow to her
    granddaughter in Miineapolis and it cost her $38. I am confident I could have done better, but it never dawned on me to offer. I thought the girl was in Cheyenne, so it never crossed my mind. She says girl is back in Cheyenne now. Apparently is hooked on opioids, so sad. We have to lock her house now. This has been the worst Summer and August that I have seen in years. Oh well, it could be worse, Mother Nature please don't take that as a challenge.
    <a href=http://us.ebid.net/stores/Princess-Os-Treasures target=_blank><font color=#111111><span style=font-family: Tahoma>http://us.ebid.net/stores/Princess-Os-Treasures</span></font></a>

I YDC, Do you?

I'm ashamed to admit that I haven't yet plucked up the courage to book a hair cut appointment!
    Maybe tomorrow ... or the day after! We shall see.
    Corr Wyo, - your neighbours sure do bring some entertainment your way. In this sleepy village we rarely hear or see anything of excitement.
    Biggest news items here is that my neighbour has Covid in the house amongst their family of five, and also my grandson has had Covid.
    He is 15, and my daughter Debbie tells me that after a terrible few days of worry, he is doing fine now.

I agree with you re summer weather- it really hasn't been much to shout about. We have had an odd few days here and there that were glorious. I'm already getting depressed to think what horrible dark, cold and miserable days lie ahead. Sure wish that I was back living in Florida.

Now that I have totally depressed myself even further, lets have a drink and a choon.

Here y'are .... some cocktails ...... and happy music for all daydreamers! . https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xvqeSJlgaNk
    For
    Visit my Tazo barhere

​I guess the most interesting thing about my neighbors is that none of them have been around this area that long. The family next door to me may have been around 10 years or so. They are people who have rented around the county for several years, but I am not impressed with their view of the lifestyle here. They have far too many animals for the land that they own and they seem bent on claiming more than is theirs. The neighbors to the North that they are feuding with just bought their place last summer. The people on the south side of town have been here for 7 years. The one remaining man is either drunk all the time (which I don't think is the case) or he is crazier than a loon.
    Some days it appears to me that the "old" attitude of love thy neighbor and giving a.helping hand is met with a call to the Sheriff's office. I think it is all very pathetic.
    A girl that has bowled on our team for 3 years, has decided to bowl on another night. She just called me to see if we were bowling tonight, thought she might come and watch for a bit. She is a bit on the strange side, but not harmful. I don't know her whole story, so I haven't tried to pry and just tried to be friendly. I have a feeling that she decided she shouldn't have quit our team and perhaps wanted to ask if she should come back, but we've all ready filled her spot. I guess maybe I'm an introvert or something.
    Oh well, everything changes. Thanks for the drink!

I YDC, Do you?

Hello everyone, I'm still here.

Thanks Trish & Wyco for the birthday wishes, sorry I've been absent from the lounge. I've been a bit busy with all kinds of stuff also had a week down in Suffolk for a well needed holiday. It looks like there are not many visitors these days. Hope all are well and not suffering too much with all the crap that's going on.

Let's cheer things up a bit with a few toons.

Let's RAWK !!!!

Flip The Switch (Remastered) - YouTube

Roxette (2006 Remaster) - YouTube

Alvin Lee:-'Rock You' - YouTube

John Fogerty - Bad Bad Boy.wmv - YouTube

Divinyls - Only Lonely (first version) - YouTube

Make America Hate Again - YouTube

Rod Stewart - Italian Girls (1972) [HQ+Lyrics] - YouTube

The Members - The Sound Of The Suburbs - YouTube

King Rocker (2002 Remaster) - YouTube

Jam Tomorrow - YouTube

Faces-Stay With Me - YouTube

Silver Sister - YouTube

Nutz - Loser - YouTube

Fanny: 'Badge' from their 1970 debut album - YouTube

Lone Star - She Said, She Said - YouTube

When the pub seems so empty I wonder why? Are we the forum bad boys? Or is it just that no one can think of things to say. I realize that quite a few of us are gone, scattered to the wind perhaps but it sure gets quiet in here. I am being scandalized by the shipping rates I am finding in regard to my research for my demonstration 10/12. There is a lot of information available on You Tube now that fee bay isi onvolved in the shipping process. USPS is still the cheapest if your package is under 4 pounds. But UPS and FedEx don't sem to be too intrested in scooping up customers.

They are building a pole barn across the street from me.
    Name:  IMG_6360.jpg
Views: 52
Size:  44.6 KB

and making rapid progress. It will alter my view of down town.

It is windy here today, but I guess I should go get some groceries. Sadie is out of fish and she does like her fish for breakfast.
    Last edited by wyocowgirl1; 29th September 2021 at 08:30 PM.

I YDC, Do you?

Thornton Cleveleys, Lancashire, United Kingdom
    View cheaver's Feedback (+1050)
    All-About cheaver
    View cheaver's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wyocowgirl1 View Post
    They are building a pole barn across the street from me.
    Name:  IMG_6360.jpg
Views: 52
Size:  44.6 KB

and making rapid progress. It will alter my view of down town.

It is windy here today, but I guess I should go get some groceries. Sadie is out of fish and she does like her fish for breakfast.
    Will the barn provide you with some shelter from the wind, Wyo?

Thread Information