Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Have you revived an old hobby?

Northampton, Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
    View bluebedouin's Feedback (+107)
    All-About bluebedouin
    View bluebedouin's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Have you revived an old hobby?

Many years ago I took up leathercraft as a hobby.When I started on eBid I had intentions of restarting it & hopefully selling the results,never did get around to it.
    In the last few months we've visited a campsite on a regular basis & talking to the owner found out he was a western films fan,particularly John Waynes.He mentioned that he had a carved western saddle in his study & was after some saddlebags to match.What better way to start the hobby again,I thought.

A few weeks later & they're done.

Name:  saddlebag3.jpg
Views: 83
Size:  47.2 KB
    Name:  saddlebag2.jpg
Views: 82
Size:  53.2 KB
    Name:  saddlebag1.jpg
Views: 85
Size:  56.4 KB

So as per the title,anyone else restarted a hobby?

Default Re: Have you revived an old hobby?

I started fishing again a few years back, after suffering from work related stress, it was suggested by my wife and doctor. What a great suggestion it was. I hadn't fished for over twenty years but still had most of my tackle from my schooldays.

Northampton, Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
    View bluebedouin's Feedback (+107)
    All-About bluebedouin
    View bluebedouin's Listings
    Forum Posts

Strangely enough,the campsite we use has two lakes.www.heathcotelake.co.uk/
    About 75 miles from you.
    Last edited by bluebedouin; 29th February 2012 at 09:23 PM.

Please don't let my husband here that, I am trying to make him skip a load, they are all over the house

Forum Saint
    View Pink_Panther's Feedback (+177)
    All-About Pink_Panther
    View Pink_Panther's Listings
    Forum Posts

I'm thinking of taking up metal detecting again.
    I just love that feeling of holding something in your hand that hasn't seen daylight for centuries.

Thing is a really decent detecting machine is really expensive.

View youmeus's Feedback (+203)
    All-About youmeus
    View youmeus's Listings
    Forum Posts

I have sewn since I was a small child but life got so busy that I only did mending and the occasional project but materials and patterns had a way of multiplying.

About 3 years ago I decided to sew the material up just to get it cleared out. I made 16 lap robes and donated to a local nursing home. The funny thing was my cabinets were just as full!

Next I started making quilts, nothing fancy just usable one to get the material gone. I made 10 and a neighbor found out what I was doing and brought a couple of boxes of material she no longer needed. Are you seeing the tread?

Last fall I decided to make some pillows and table runners. I have been selling them on another site and last week went out and bought more material to go with some I already had!

I guess this is a revived hobby but my sewing room is still overrun and I must get it cleaned up before the lawn and garden require my time this summer.

I have some old hobbies that I want to revive. I want to spend more time drawing. But lately Sarge has me so busy listing here on eBid.

(I'm afraid of what will happen if I don't keep improving my listing numbers, but don't tell her ... she has mounds of potatoes that need peeling.)

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

Love the pix, well made, kudos! Never stopped my watercolor painting hobby or my writing hobby. I've always wanted to learn jewelry making (the metal working kind) but can't find classes nearby or the $ for metalsmithing tools and materials. Maybe one of these centuries...

Best wishes for many sales to all,

When my daughter was little i used to decorate Headbands & Slides, mainly for her, but to sell also.
    About a month ago i decided to dig out the ribbons & lace, and make some again, but this time for her daughter.

Jane

I have been researching my family tree for several years but always stop and start, as it is a hobby that can be picked up easily again,. I also used to make some of my own clothes and quite recently got out my sewing machine again as I have the urge to start again (not being able to find anything I like in the shops), in fact, I recently put a bid on a pattern on eBid before I found this thread. I also gave away all my old sewing patterns and tailors dummy so I will be starting from scratch!

What size are you requiring?

8-14, 16-18, XL, XXL or XXXL
    We have your legs covered, from your desktop to your door – we do all the legwork!

Ladies Legwear & Accessories for all occasions

Thread Information