eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Storms in Mid-West USA

Default Re: Storms in Mid-West USA

Quote Originally Posted by youmeus View Post
    I didn't remember about the tornado but that is when we had a massive snowstorm.
    Are you OK! Not heard from you since the storm. Just a little worried.

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hope youmeus checks in soon and that all is well.

Best wishes for many sales to all,

View JaBek1's Feedback (+25)
    All-About JaBek1
    View JaBek1's Listings
    Forum Posts

I didn't remember about the tornado but that is when we had a massive snowstorm.
    April 3, 1973, if memory serves, over 35 tornadoes struck the Ohio River Valley stretching from the Brandenburg, Ky (Ft Knox) area, Southern Indiana and Southern Ohio. One went thru downtown Brandenburg and two others passed on either side of my wife's homeplace within a mile.

View HerMajesty's Feedback (+1863)
    All-About HerMajesty
    View HerMajesty's Listings
    Forum Posts

Weather patterns do go in streaks, it seems. I hope the storms have stopped now.
    Ta-Ta for now!

HerMajesty

Slide Inn for Vintage 35mm photographic slides
    https://uk.ebid.net/stores/Slide-Inn

ALSO!! Click below to see my store, THE BEE'S KNEES!
    https://the-bees-knees.ebid.net

Forum Saint
    North Warwickshire, Warwickshire, United Kingdom
    View Tiskets's Feedback (+1051)
    All-About Tiskets
    View Tiskets's Listings
    Forum Posts

This is so worrying. I do hope youmeus, her family and friends are OK. It's bad enough to see anybody having to go through this trauma, but when it is one of our own ebiders it brings it home to us. Let's hope she is so busy helping others, or the line is down, that she is unable to come and tell us she is safe.

Gill

a real mircle

there was a baby found out in the middle of a feild still alive
    a little bruised but otherwise ok.
    nothing else around wow
    can anyone explain that?
    This is My Famous E-bid Store.
    http://just-about-anything-sales.ebid.net/

This is My Famous Summer Fun Store
    http://summer-fun.ebid.net/

Treasures-Galor
    http://treasures-galor.ebid.net/

http://us.ebid.net/buddy/714173

I was thinking / hopeing that the lines might be down as well Gill, lets hope so

View youmeus's Feedback (+203)
    All-About youmeus
    View youmeus's Listings
    Forum Posts

Thank you all so much for being concerned about me, I should have come on yesterday to update you but with being gone 2 days helping one of our sons clean up and trying to catch up at home-----then taking time to make donuts----I was moving a little slow yesterday!

The strong winds/tornado on Tuesday night and the snow on Friday have left us with a muddy mess to get around in but that is just part of country life.

We all see what a tornado can do on the news reports but if you have never seen the effects of one it is hard to comprehend the devastation. You see all of the down limbs, destroyed home and down power lines but have you ever wondered what they do with all of the stuff.

If they get it cut up in sizes to move they have to be loaded and hauled somewhere. It is too windy and usually to congested to burn. When the one came through in 2010 my husband took the bulldozer and trackhoe and dug big holes and everything that would burn was thrown in and set fire. That way the fire is contained and after everything is burned the hole can be filled in.

Papers, insulation, shingles and other stuff is in small pieces and it is in everything. Nails are everywhere so flat tires are the norm for quite sometime.

There are other disasters but most give more warning and you are able to evacuate with a few personal things, in a tornado there is no time and even the most important things are gone. A fire is a terrible thing but you don't have the same clean-up, a flood leaves a real mess and lots of loss.

These are few of my thoughts, isn't it scary to see inside my head?!!

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

Thank you all so much for being concerned about me, I should have come on yesterday to update you but with being gone 2 days helping one of our sons clean up and trying to catch up at home-----then taking time to make donuts----I was moving a little slow yesterday!

The strong winds/tornado on Tuesday night and the snow on Friday have left us with a muddy mess to get around in but that is just part of country life.

We all see what a tornado can do on the news reports but if you have never seen the effects of one it is hard to comprehend the devastation. You see all of the down limbs, destroyed home and down power lines but have you ever wondered what they do with all of the stuff.

If they get it cut up in sizes to move they have to be loaded and hauled somewhere. It is too windy and usually to congested to burn. When the one came through in 2010 my husband took the bulldozer and trackhoe and dug big holes and everything that would burn was thrown in and set fire. That way the fire is contained and after everything is burned the hole can be filled in.

Papers, insulation, shingles and other stuff is in small pieces and it is in everything. Nails are everywhere so flat tires are the norm for quite sometime.

There are other disasters but most give more warning and you are able to evacuate with a few personal things, in a tornado there is no time and even the most important things are gone. A fire is a terrible thing but you don't have the same clean-up, a flood leaves a real mess and lots of loss.

These are few of my thoughts, isn't it scary to see inside my head?!!
    Just glad you're OK.

Hugs,

Quote Originally Posted by whyteangels66 View Post
    a real mircle

there was a baby found out in the middle of a feild still alive
    a little bruised but otherwise ok.
    nothing else around wow
    can anyone explain that?
    Bad news baby died in hospital rest of family died in storm. Prayers with their relatives.

Thread Information