Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: child benefit

Default Re: child benefit

I don't think ours is as generous as yours but we do have a welfare system that does seem to reward people for having babies they can't pay for.

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dardonboi View Post
    I don't think ours is as generous as yours but we do have a welfare system that does seem to reward people for having babies they can't pay for.
    I suppose it always comes down to 'Should the children suffer for the faults of their parent(s)'. Though I wonder how much of what is supposed to be for the child goes on the parents (booze, fags, etc.) Maybe child benefit should be like war time ration books - where only certain items can be bought that directly relate to a child's welfare.

Quote Originally Posted by astral276 View Post
    I suppose it always comes down to 'Should the children suffer for the faults of their parent(s)'. Though I wonder how much of what is supposed to be for the child goes on the parents (booze, fags, etc.) Maybe child benefit should be like war time ration books - where only certain items can be bought that directly relate to a child's welfare.
    Good idea but sadly alot of families on low income rely on that money to buy food and pay bills.. But I do agree if you earn over 40grand you should not get it, and i dont think it shouldnt be paid after 2 children. that way it will discourage these idiots who have a dozen kids and live on benefits and also expect the state to provide bigger housing too.

I supported my son till he was 20 then he got a full time job. Then off and on for the next ten years. Never got Government help. Was an expensive project but still is my ray of sunshine.

Quote Originally Posted by litttleme1969 View Post
    Good idea but sadly alot of families on low income rely on that money to buy food and pay bills.. But I do agree if you earn over 40grand you should not get it, and i dont think it shouldnt be paid after 2 children. that way it will discourage these idiots who have a dozen kids and live on benefits and also expect the state to provide bigger housing too.
    Bigger picture of dog in avatar thank you.

View HerMajesty's Feedback (+1863)
    All-About HerMajesty
    View HerMajesty's Listings
    Forum Posts

I think the big difference is how income is looked at in the UK and the US. In the UK, according to hubby, he is taxed on what he earns, and I would be taxed on what I earn. Separately. In the US, couples can choose to pool their money for tax purposes, and get enhanced tax benefits as a couple (at least they used to). I think it makes more sense to judge the income of the household for purposes of benefits, as, if they are living together, they can share expenses and that cuts the % each needs to contribute.
    Ta-Ta for now!

HerMajesty

Slide Inn for Vintage 35mm photographic slides
    https://uk.ebid.net/stores/Slide-Inn

ALSO!! Click below to see my store, THE BEE'S KNEES!
    https://the-bees-knees.ebid.net

I think it needs means testing so the people who need it get it, you can imagine the attitude of the top earners going through a means test ( disgust).
    People will carry on having loads of kids to pay for there booze and fags if the governament keep paying it out, should be put back as it was payment for 1 child only and then your on your own. I have an aquantance ( or did have) she has never worked in her life, she has 5 kids by all different fathers, I think this is taking the pee.

Forum Saint
    View papagran40's Feedback (+261)
    All-About papagran40
    View papagran40's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by astral276 View Post
    ================================================== ==========================

Hi Mel , this goes back to the old argument that there should be no money ( benefit ) ...it should be coupons that are used for the kids stuff..that way it could not be used for booze , fags ,etc....so I suppose coupons kinda make sense..........papa.

Laurencekirk, Aberdeenshire, United Kingdom
    View Maelbrigda's Feedback (+2605)
    All-About Maelbrigda
    View Maelbrigda's Listings
    Forum Posts

I would not have coped if it wasnt for child benefit. Although I worked it was low income jobs and my OH only earned national minimum wage as well. Our child benefit paid for school meals and clothes and if there was any left, pocket money. It was a boon. But I do agree those that dont really need it shouldnt get it.
    Simply Handmade all my handmade items
    Maelbrigda's Bits and Pieces For Clothing and Jewellery, Ornaments, Odds & Ends & Much More
    Craft Store Crafty bits & pieces. Patterns, Card, Yarn, Stamps and more
    Books, Blu Rays, DVD's, CD's and Vinyl Records
    https://www.ebid.net/uk/stores/The-Pagan-Tree

Please have a look. I combine postage wherever possible.

View BARJOYS's Feedback (+1566)
    All-About BARJOYS
    View BARJOYS's Listings
    Forum Posts

the whole benefits system needs a complete overall and the dhss need to crack down on the millions it wastes on false claiments

my next door neighbours son lost both legs in irag but because he has prospetic legs now hes not considered disabled enough to claim dla

while some one with a bad back can live in relative luxery and still continue to work on dla handouts

all these false claims takes away money from the genuine sick and disabled
    https://stores.ebid.net/essex-hospitality-supplies

Hospitality Supplies from Toiletries to Bedroom accessories all aim to help keep your customers coming back again and again

Thread Information