Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: No feedback left

Forum Newbie
    View alan108's Feedback (+14)
    All-About alan108
    View alan108's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default No feedback left

I was wondering if maybe eBid could consider giving sellers a positive feedback point for sales we make but never receive feedback from the buyer? I have sent the request for feedback (although I hate to bother a buyer with such a request) and most times still receive no input.
    I have also noticed that several of my buyers have been a first time or newly registered for a one time purchase which I assume is the case since they had no feedback at all.
    I dont know how important higher feedback ratings are - but would like to use all means possible to make more sales and feedback maybe one of those.
    Perhaps after a period of time such as three weeks or even a month -which allows ample time for buyer to receive their item - if no feedback was given then maybe eBid could award a point?
    I know there are probably problems with such a idea but would really be intrested in any thoughts on the subject.

Thanks
    alan108

Default Re: No feedback left

Feedback is given by the individuals involved in the sale/purchase, not by the venue which allows them to meet.
    If one side or the other chooses not to give feedback there is nothing that can be done about that. Nobody gets their arm twisted or their windows egged.
    eBid cannot take away the individual's right to leave or not leave feedback and at the same time remain fair and impartial.
    Yes, it sucks if someone doesn't leave you feedback, but that's online selling for you.

Forum Diehard
    View JimmyCee's Feedback (+85)
    All-About JimmyCee
    View JimmyCee's Listings
    Forum Posts

In my opinion feedback is very important , both to the buyer and seller.
    Many buyers either aren't aware, or if they are just don't care about it.
    I've given up on asking for it, they either do or don't.
    I have learned to live with it.....(been a long time tho since I had to be concerned about it)

Forum Newbie
    View alan108's Feedback (+14)
    All-About alan108
    View alan108's Listings
    Forum Posts

Thank You, jcjigs
    I kinda figured that was the way it was - unaware or dont care - but was just trying to confirm it by others experience.
    Like I said I hate to bother a buyer about feedback after a sale - I worry by bothering them I might run them off like a telmarketer.
    Anyways it was just a thought, so back to work I go.

Again,
    Thanks

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

If I remember correctly, eBid automatically send out feedback reminders after 30 days?

Feedback is voluntary, let's keep it that way shall we?

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Feedback is a thing that is pretty unique to auction sites. Nowhere else where you trade has a feedback process (though I have noticed a few stores handing out vouchers for feedback on service of late). So, if your buyer is not that familiar with auction sites the feedback process means nothing to them. This is often the case for purchasers that arrive from seeing your item on Google (or other search engine).

No feedback is the same as Neutral feedback, so should not affect your feedback score in any way.

View Naturelady's Feedback (+653)
    All-About Naturelady
    View Naturelady's Listings
    Forum Posts

This has been discussed many times on this forum. I personally don't know a good answer. My own feedback runs a little over 50% with people leaving me feedback. I just go ahead and leave them feedback at time of sale. That way I can keep better track of my sales by looking at feedback left for others.

View sidthelamp's Feedback (+541)
    All-About sidthelamp
    View sidthelamp's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by alan108 View Post
    I was wondering if maybe eBid could consider giving sellers a positive feedback point for sales we make but never receive feedback from the buyer? I have sent the request for feedback (although I hate to bother a buyer with such a request) and most times still receive no input.
    I have also noticed that several of my buyers have been a first time or newly registered for a one time purchase which I assume is the case since they had no feedback at all.
    I dont know how important higher feedback ratings are - but would like to use all means possible to make more sales and feedback maybe one of those.
    Perhaps after a period of time such as three weeks or even a month -which allows ample time for buyer to receive their item - if no feedback was given then maybe eBid could award a point?
    I know there are probably problems with such a idea but would really be intrested in any thoughts on the subject.

Thanks
    alan108
    My FB does not reflect the amount of sales i have, a lot of buyers as you say are first timers to ebid they come to the site via product advertising eg google there not familar with the site there prime reason for being here is to buy, so its a case of being unaware its a FB site and/or unaware how to leave FB its common to a lot of sellers here, my thoughts are as the diveristy of the site improves the same one off buyers will return and hopefully start giving/reciving FB
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/under pressure

MY ATTITUDE IS A RESULT OF YOUR ACTIONS!!!
    IF YOU DONT LIKE IT BLAME YOURSELF.

Over the last 18 months a buyer has returned and bought on 4 separate occasions...
    no feedback but hey .. I got the sales!!!

I feel 'nagging' for feedback might annoy people / put people off so I would never ask for it.
    --Linda--
    all feedback from eBid

I think my customers have been really great about leaving feedback. So far I would guess it is about 75% left for me. I don't ask for it because I am afraid that if I bug them the remarks will not be favorable because of being asked to respond.

Thread Information