eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: No feedback left

Default Re: No feedback left

Hi to all

I have the problem where a seller that I have bought 16 items off of, has not left feedback for me. As shameful as it sounds I did request feedback from the seller..I thought feedback was important, I was obviously mistaken

As a newbie it feels very unwelcoming.

Just a case of sucking it up I guess

Steps down off of soapbox.

Stratford, Greater London, United Kingdom
    View billsstamps's Feedback (+31482)
    All-About billsstamps
    View billsstamps's Listings
    Forum Posts

I find that feedback is particularly poor with multiple sales. I guess the buyer does not want to leave the same feedback again and again (even though AAL allows them to copy feedback)
    Rev Dr Bill Hopkinson,
    Retired professor

BillsStamps

around 50000 stamps listed, based in London

Forum Saint
    View Oldandintheway's Feedback (+385)
    All-About Oldandintheway
    View Oldandintheway's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by harbridgetreasures View Post
    Hi to all

I have the problem where a seller that I have bought 16 items off of, has not left feedback for me. As shameful as it sounds I did request feedback from the seller..I thought feedback was important, I was obviously mistaken

Hi harbridge & welcome to eBid. I can relate with this unfortunate event.

IMO, this is very poor form for any seller, especially when a newbie is trying to get to the magic 5 feedbacks. Some sellers leave feedback chores on a monthly basis, so depending on when your purchases were, there may still be a chance.(although a longshot)

From a sellers point of view, this doesn't endear buyers (especially new ones) to shop again, & I always leave feedback to my buyers. Often times it is not returned, there is a high prevalence of this here, it seems to me.
    From a buyers point of view, many don't feel the need once they have their item/s it appears.

Having said all that, we must remember feedback is a totally voluntary option & I guess that is a two-way street.

I don't think it's shameful AT ALL for you to ask for feedback, especially while trying to rid yourself of the sunglasses - Rather, it's shameful for a seller to disregard a request from a potential ongoing good client.

Unfortunately you are correct in regard to "sucking it up" & sadly, something I've had to learn to do here.

Quote Originally Posted by harbridgetreasures View Post
    Hi to all

Is it possible that they have been away from eBid for a little while? Or they don't leave seller feedback? ...Or do you see recent feedback by/for them?

I can't imagine why an eBid seller would avoid leaving feedback, unless they don't want more purchases from the buyer! If you see there is recent feedback activity going on with them, I would try one more time to nudge them for feedback (there is always the off chance the internet ate your previous feedback request). Hopefully they'll respond.

If you were waiting for them to leave feedback before you did, you could also try leaving one to see if that helps prompt a response. ... Unless you see from their feedback history that they don't leave feedback for their buyers. Which would certainly be an odd practice on a site like this.

Live, Learn, and Laugh -

Virtueandpraise

View burgyeb's Feedback (+946)
    All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

I llike to leave feedback for a buyer after cleared payment, and for sellers after satisfactory receipt of item as described. At times I experience a delay in being able to do this. I have had computer access issues at times, and this delayed me leaving feedback for buyers who paid promptly.

As is the case right now, I have a few seller feedbacks I need to leave, but I am out of town. I can determine when delivery occurred, but it is important for me to see the items before leaving feedback. So even though new sellers are looking forward to feedback, I would not recommend asking for it too many times.

I have received feedback sometimes a month later from a buyer; I never ask for feedback fom a buyer. I have and will ask from a seller; and particularly if I have left them feedback. If they do not respond, I just don't shop with them again. Seller feedback is a polite way of saying thank you.

View zombiman's Feedback (+548)
    All-About zombiman
    View zombiman's Listings
    Forum Posts

I wish I could figure out the magic formula for getting folks to leave feedback. I almost always leave feedback upon prompt payment, so they're not waiting for me to make the first move. I've recently started writing "thanks for purchasing" notes, including them in shipments as a nudge... still with little effect at all. The worst is when other sellers make purchases and even THEY don't leave FB! Uggghh... it can really get you down.
    Need some toys? Sure you do! - http://us.ebid.net/items/zombiman

View ttoc48's Feedback (+102)
    All-About ttoc48
    View ttoc48's Listings
    Forum Posts

I generally leave feedback when someone buys straight away,unless its a 0 buyer, but yes i have sold and bought, to and from sellers and not received feedback,but it also happens elsewhere and now i just let it pass me by and dont worry about it,but i can understand the frustration especially if new to Ebid and trying to build up feedback

Forum Lurker
    View rucabela's Feedback (+26)
    All-About rucabela
    View rucabela's Listings
    Forum Posts

I THINK ITīS IMPORTANT TO LEAVE FEEDBACK
    especially to newbies like me who are trying to build a rep for themselves
    slowly slowly catchy monkey as my mum used to say
    so every feedback is important also because buyers can check to see if the seller/buyer is not a time waster or a problem

Forum Master
    View darklisruthven's Feedback (+1327)
    All-About darklisruthven
    View darklisruthven's Listings
    Forum Posts

sadly a lot of people dont. I do, I also think its very important.

On here, I leave feedback straight away - if selling as soon as paid, if buying as soon as item recieved. (on t'other side I tend to wait until I know both sides are happy, and include a note stating this) but on here, you can afford to leave immediate feedback, because feedback can always be revised if something changes. (incidentally I encounter vastly fewer problems on ebid anyway, than on the other evil site, so hey, all good!)

Forum Lurker
    View rucabela's Feedback (+26)
    All-About rucabela
    View rucabela's Listings
    Forum Posts

I WAS A SELLER ON THE OTHER PLACE OOOOH,10 YEARS AGO,WHEN IT WAS STILL A GOOD PLACE TO BE and had over 1000 pos fb
    i later rejoined after moving to portugal,but only bought with another 25+ pos fb so i know fb is important to buyer and seller alike
    i joine ebid,16 days ago and i am trying to build slowly again from 0,so you can see how important it is
    eg
    i sold 2 lots yesterday and they have been paid for,sent and i have left feedback already
    thatīs how i think it should be,,,,,,,no nonsense......................ROY

Thread Information