eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Statistics for auction quantities per country?

Forum Master
    View DZAMBO's Feedback (+480)
    All-About DZAMBO
    View DZAMBO's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Statistics for auction quantities per country?

Well…’’Dean’’ you have your plan that’s perfect but like I told you before just put everything in your description what did you think it is right and offer all your items for USA Consumers markets too and let’s see how you do in a month and how many will find that your description and buy from you…until that I wait….as I can see a 99% own items UK Sellers sell in home field…but problem is for USA sellers who can’t even get close to sales for own home field…doesn’t matter for description, doesn’t matter for price, doesn’t matter for shipping…well…doesn’t matter for anything…and I say that for all sellers in here not only for couples from UK or USA sales market…and how in God sake I sold 90% my items for overseas buyers doesn’t matter for description and for home field very little with even perfect description…how UK buyers find my item and buy and how USA buyers can’t find my item in same way…and by the way I offer cheaper shipping for home filed ‘’of course’’…so…what did you think about that…in here maybe descriptions work only for overseas buyers or UK home buyers and sellers because average numbers and sales show that exactly….and even if anybody check any feedback for UK seller is going to see that UK Feedback and none or very little from USA buyers even if he offer overseas shipping….In the end ‘’maybe’’ USA buyers has different way of search and buying way…...

Forum Master
    All-About DZAMBO
    View DZAMBO's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Juliebabe25 View Post
    My point wa not what keyoards peple serach for but where do they go to first ?

Eg Google
    Google Shopping
    Amazon (for books and music)
    ebay
    ebid

Which of those do most people go to first.
    Where buyers go first…?...well I think for that answer anybody who selling online for years can see easy where comes first...and in my opinion too that particular buyers don't use any reagular search engine or other auction site, just use only one...go in...check out and buy...simple as that...
    ‘’babe’’ how you can ask something like that…heh….....

Eg Google
    Google Shopping
    ebay
    ebid

Julie they will go to wherever they can find the item............ and there is a lot of stuff on eBid that they will find nowhere else. I only sell on eBid so I am not particularly interested in eBay or anywhere else. eBid gives me the best exposure for my listings.

And if the relevant keywords of what you are actually selling are in the title then there is no real need to differentiate between Google, Google Shopping and eBid........... they are the same things.

Well…’’Dean’’ you have your plan that’s perfect but like I told you before just put everything in your description what did you think it is right and offer all your items for USA Consumers markets too and let’s see how you do in a month and how many will find that your description and buy from you…until that I wait….as I can see a 99% own items UK Sellers sell in home field…but problem is for USA sellers who can’t even get close to sales for own home field…doesn’t matter for description, doesn’t matter for price, doesn’t matter for shipping…well…doesn’t matter for anything…and I say that for all sellers in here not only for couples from UK or USA sales market…and how in God sake I sold 90% my items for overseas buyers doesn’t matter for description and for home field very little with even perfect description…how UK buyers find my item and buy and how USA buyers can’t find my item in same way…and by the way I offer cheaper shipping for home filed ‘’of course’’…so…what did you think about that…in here maybe descriptions work only for overseas buyers or UK home buyers and sellers because average numbers and sales show that exactly….and even if anybody check any feedback for UK seller is going to see that UK Feedback and none or very little from USA buyers even if he offer overseas shipping….In the end ‘’maybe’’ USA buyers has different way of search and buying way…
    Dzambo is a prime example of an "eBid category seller" who chooses not to put the relevant the keywords in the titles - and then complains about lack of sales. Whilst always hiding behind other excuses. So rather than sell a Comic with the word "Comic" in his titles he decides this is not necessary and even worse does not even put the name of the comic in the title either - which means he is a category seller. If a buyer who wanted a specific comic he/she would likely put in the search string - the name of the comic and in all probability the word "comic" - if Dzambo had one for sale the buyer wouldn't see it appear in either his searches in eBid or Google because as a seller Dzambo chooses not to put that information in the title.

Again - as I have said before I am not picking on Dzambo. There are a multitude of other sellers who are doing exactly the same thing and worse.

Forum Master
    All-About DZAMBO
    View DZAMBO's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by deanosaur1972 View Post
    Julie they will go to wherever they can find the item............ and there is a lot of stuff on eBid that they will find nowhere else. I only sell on eBid so I am not particularly interested in eBay or anywhere else. eBid gives me the best exposure for my listings.

And if the relevant keywords of what you are actually selling are in the title then there is no real need to differentiate between Google, Google Shopping and eBid........... they are the same things.

Dzambo is a prime example of an "eBid category seller" who chooses not to put the relevant the keywords in the titles - and then complains about lack of sales. Whilst always hiding behind other excuses. So rather than sell a Comic with the word "Comic" in his titles he decides this is not necessary and even worse does not even put the name of the comic in the title either - which means he is a category seller. If a buyer who wanted a specific comic he/she would likely put in the search string - the name of the comic and in all probability the word "comic" - if Dzambo had one for sale the buyer wouldn't see it appear in either his searches in eBid or Google because as a seller Dzambo chooses not to put that information in the title.

Again - as I have said before I am not picking on Dzambo. There are a multitude of other sellers who are doing exactly the same thing and worse.
    Ok ‘’Dean’’….thanks…but ‘’again’’ you not give me your opinion how in God sake my overseas buyers find my item much more and buy but not even close USA buyers do that….Let’s say description of the title is same for both category of the buyers for overseas and for USA buyers…
    And by the way I have other 20 different categories of my items and situation is the same not only for Comics…
    All other my categories overseas buyers find doesn’t matter how I write title but not USA buyers…
    Or just maybe overseas buyers like to buy more on eBid from USA buyers….
    And again I ‘’remind’’ you if you can or like set yours item and offer for USA market too…and after a example in a month you will see what I talking about…
    Or maybe you know that already if you offer yours item for USA market too you probably not sell much or not even one…and in that case becoming very hard to explain ‘’description’’ where only one consumers market buy but other don’t follow and buy even if is description same for both markets…
    In the end don’t worry for ‘’Comics’’ just focus on your example post cards and set same description and offer for both consumers market and let’s see after that your ‘’new’’ explanation…

P.S. Just try to answer me ONLY'' for this two things...why overseas my buyers find and buy from me with ''wrong description'' but not USA buyers from that same exactly description...
    And if you set and offer yours item for USA market with same description what did you think where you going to sell more after that...for home field or for USA field......

Forum Saint
    View moonwitch's Feedback (+1616)
    All-About moonwitch
    View moonwitch's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Juliebabe25 View Post

Eg Google
    Google Shopping
    ebay
    ebid

Keywords are important because that is what gets picked up when buyers search.

I don't understand why you think where people search is important.

When discussing keywords it has nothing to do with which site a buyer visits...but whether search engines can find our listings.

Whatever site I list on...without the relevant keywords people searching for products using a search engine (any one will do) will find it that much more difficult to find our listings...so we will get fewer sales.

Ok ‘’Dean’’….thanks…but ‘’again’’ you not give me your opinion how in God sake my overseas buyers find my item much more and buy but not even close USA buyers do that….Let’s say description of the title is same for both category of the buyers for overseas and for USA buyers…
    Dzambo............

Its quite simple - you are opting to be a "category seller" because of your titles you are relying on people browsing through the categories rather than searching. Because eBid has been openly active in the UK longer, the majority of buyers who category browse (rather than search) are from the UK - that is why your sales reflect that. So by not putting in the keywords of what you are actually selling you are making sales extremely difficult for the buyers who search, and that is why you are struggling to pick up US sales. You are effectively blocking out anybody in the USA that is searching on either google or using the search facility within eBid.

You have a large amount of listings - the descriptions are good - the prices are really cheap. But without the titles reflecting what you have for sale then you are making life hard work for yourself. You can use any excuse under the sun for slow sales - and I will continue to re-iterate the same point. Again I will stress that how many members there are on eBid (in whatever country) is completely irrelevant because of the exposure and placement of listings on Google - if any seller is effectively excluding this market place due to lack of keywords and concentrating on selling within site they are making a mistake.

And its not just you Dzambo, its a large percentage of sellers on eBid, I noticed a very well laid out shop last night - they sell spares for shavers. Unfortunately they omit the keyword "shaver" out of every single listing, so they will be invisible to any buyer who puts the word "shaver" into a search engine - again they are excluding buyers from finding their items.

And Dzambo, I would like to say thank you for helping me get my message across, whether you see it or not, I think quite a few reading this will understand my point.

View MPS16's Feedback (+3501)
    All-About MPS16
    View MPS16's Listings
    Forum Posts

Dzambo............
    I would like to say thank you for helping me get my message across, whether you see it or not, I think quite a few reading this will understand my point.
    A picture is worth a thousand words.

Name:  key words.JPG
Views: 59
Size:  65.1 KB
    Please Visit My Stores

Meccano Shop
    Postcards Shop
    Stamps Shop
    DVD Shop

I'm free-I'm free
    And freedom tastes of reality
    I'm free-I'm free
    And I'm waiting for you to follow me

TOMMY

Forum Master
    All-About DZAMBO
    View DZAMBO's Listings
    Forum Posts

Dzambo............

Its quite simple - you are opting to be a "category seller" because of your titles you are relying on people browsing through the categories rather than searching. Because eBid has been openly active in the UK longer, the majority of buyers who category browse (rather than search) are from the UK - that is why your sales reflect that. So by not putting in the keywords of what you are actually selling you are making sales extremely difficult for the buyers who search, and that is why you are struggling to pick up US sales. You are effectively blocking out anybody in the USA that is searching on either google or using the search facility within eBid.

You have a large amount of listings - the descriptions are good - the prices are really cheap. But without the titles reflecting what you have for sale then you are making life hard work for yourself. You can use any excuse under the sun for slow sales - and I will continue to re-iterate the same point. Again I will stress that how many members there are on eBid (in whatever country) is completely irrelevant because of the exposure and placement of listings on Google - if any seller is effectively excluding this market place due to lack of keywords and concentrating on selling within site they are making a mistake.

And its not just you Dzambo, its a large percentage of sellers on eBid, I noticed a very well laid out shop last night - they sell spares for shavers. Unfortunately they omit the keyword "shaver" out of every single listing, so they will be invisible to any buyer who puts the word "shaver" into a search engine - again they are excluding buyers from finding their items.

And Dzambo, I would like to say thank you for helping me get my message across, whether you see it or not, I think quite a few reading this will understand my point.

Ok, ‘’Dean’’…thanks…and now next questions which I write before, as you can see I have ‘’millions’’ views for all my items and peoples checking out I know that because potential buyers find my items even like this because of questions for my items but majority potential buyers from USA market just ask questions and I answer and that particular potential buyers ask questions for right item example and he is NOT on page for my stamps and asking for Comics, it is on page for my stamps and asking questions for exactly that stamp and I answer and that person never back or ask anymore and this stuff go over and over…UK Buyers don’t ask much he find item he buy, USA buyers find my item ask for that item but not buy much like UK buyers…so…from that I see doesn’t matter for descriptions for my all items both category of the buyers find my items but one buy and other just asking…and asking…asking…so…you can see clearly this is not anymore about description because buyer who ask questions is on it for right item see picture and description of the item he ask for THAT item I answer most of this not reply anymore and some reply just with ‘’OK… and that’s all…so…what is your opinion for that…?...because is not anymore about right or wrong description…thanks in advance ‘’Dean’’…...

Quote Originally Posted by DZAMBO View Post
    Ok, ‘’Dean’’…thanks…and now next questions which I write before, as you can see I have ‘’millions’’ views for all my items and peoples checking out I know that because potential buyers find my items even like this because of questions for my items but majority potential buyers from USA market just ask questions and I answer and that particular potential buyers ask questions for right item example and he is NOT on page for my stamps and asking for Comics, it is on page for my stamps and asking questions for exactly that stamp and I answer and that person never back or ask anymore and this stuff go over and over…UK Buyers don’t ask much he find item he buy, USA buyers find my item ask for that item but not buy much like UK buyers…so…from that I see doesn’t matter for descriptions for my all items both category of the buyers find my items but one buy and other just asking…and asking…asking…so…you can see clearly this is not anymore about description because buyer who ask questions is on it for right item see picture and description of the item he ask for THAT item I answer most of this not reply anymore and some reply just with ‘’OK… and that’s all…so…what is your opinion for that…?...because is not anymore about right or wrong description…thanks in advance ‘’Dean’’…...
    Because you are attracting browsers not buyers who would be specifically looking for items that you have for sale and can't find them.

Congratulations on your 'millions' of views - but if you continue to complain/comment on slow US sales then I think there is always going to someone around who will remind you the reasons why.

Don't get me wrong, if you want to remain a "category seller" then that is fine.......... but it makes any moans you have rather pointless.

OK Dzambo - I am done with this particular thread......

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by moonwitch View Post
    Keywords are important because that is what gets picked up when buyers search.

I don't understand why you think where people search is important.

When discussing keywords it has nothing to do with which site a buyer visits...but whether search engines can find our listings.

Whatever site I list on...without the relevant keywords people searching for products using a search engine (any one will do) will find it that much more difficult to find our listings...so we will get fewer sales.
    This is what I meant in another thread discussion - RELEVANCY - which is fairly new to eBid sellers. Quite a few of us know about the importance of keywords (which Google have recently been pushing for in the titles with other stipulations etc to be considered in the search engines) but it seems quite a lot of other sellers either don't want to bother or just don't understand the importance of keywords in titles.

Google are quite specific in what type of 'wording' they are looking for. Titles with WOW and L@@k and other such irrelevant words including FREE SHIPPING will be rejected. As far as I know, Google pick up on the first 20? (not quite sure how many) characters of a title which will show up in search engines.

You definitely know your stuff, but many others don't - not yet.

Thread Information