eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Will this get me into trouble with eBid?

Default Will this get me into trouble with eBid?

I want to test how something is processed on eBid, but I need to buy an item to do it. I have a very low-priced stamp set up to run the test, and I don't mind paying eBid the FVF.

It's a fixed price item, so I don't think this should be considered shilling. It isn't pushing someone else to bid more, and I won't leave feedback as a seller or a buyer (that would look rather silly).

However, looking at some of the old threads and eBid's rules, I'm afraid to try it. Does anyone know if I can do this, or will I get banned from eBid? Is there any way for a seller to make a test purchase of one of their own items?

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Will this get me into trouble with eBid?

Not sure, it doesn't sound bad to me, but you might want to ask support first.

Best wishes for many sales to all,

Quote Originally Posted by TiasTreasures View Post
    I want to test how something is processed on eBid, but I need to buy an item to do it. I have a very low-priced stamp set up to run the test, and I don't mind paying eBid the FVF.

It's a fixed price item, so I don't think this should be considered shilling. It isn't pushing someone else to bid more, and I won't leave feedback as a seller or a buyer (that would look rather silly).

However, looking at some of the old threads and eBid's rules, I'm afraid to try it. Does anyone know if I can do this, or will I get banned from eBid? Is there any way for a seller to make a test purchase of one of their own items?
    yes you will I got a friend who lives far away to leave ebay & move her auctions to ebid. She didnt know if she had her check out set up correctly so I purchased something of hers & she was suspended for shilling. Granted she had to contact ebid & explain & then suspension was lifted but she had to promise never to do it again. Even though everything was accually paid through paypal & she shipped the item it did not matter. Ebid states none of your friends can buy from you or relatives no matter how far away they live. So dont do it.
    This is My Famous E-bid Store.
    http://just-about-anything-sales.ebid.net/

This is My Famous Summer Fun Store
    http://summer-fun.ebid.net/

Treasures-Galor
    http://treasures-galor.ebid.net/

http://us.ebid.net/buddy/714173

View MPS16's Feedback (+3501)
    All-About MPS16
    View MPS16's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by whyteangels66 View Post
    ... Ebid states none of your friends can buy from you or relatives no matter how far away they live. So dont do it.
    Really, I have to look into this.

All my items are Buy It Now, so what would the problem be ?
    Please Visit My Stores

Meccano Shop
    Postcards Shop
    Stamps Shop
    DVD Shop

I'm free-I'm free
    And freedom tastes of reality
    I'm free-I'm free
    And I'm waiting for you to follow me

TOMMY

Forum Saint
    View moonwitch's Feedback (+1616)
    All-About moonwitch
    View moonwitch's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MPS16 View Post
    Really, I have to look into this.

All my items are Buy It Now, so what would the problem be ?
    I never knew that either...does seem a bit draconian...I mean...I have family in Australia and I wouldn't have thought there would be anything wrong with them buying UK stuff from me.

I regularly sell to family off-line...why would there be a problem on-line if it was a BIN listing...it's not like anyone can be schilling if there are no bids.

Quote Originally Posted by whyteangels66 View Post
    yes you will I got a friend who lives far away to leave ebay & move her auctions to ebid. She didnt know if she had her check out set up correctly so I purchased something of hers & she was suspended for shilling. Granted she had to contact ebid & explain & then suspension was lifted but she had to promise never to do it again. Even though everything was accually paid through paypal & she shipped the item it did not matter. Ebid states none of your friends can buy from you or relatives no matter how far away they live. So dont do it.
    How on earth do they know if someone is a FRIEND? And does that mean anyone in the world with my last name is considered to be my RELATIVE?

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FRANCIS2000 View Post
    yep thats the way it is anything to slow sales down
    I think if you only have the usual one account you will not be able to buy from yourself. If you wish to do so across (rare) multiple accounts you can do so if you ask permission to conduct a test first. Buy Now makes no significant difference, since it's not just about shilling but also cheating the buddy points system and faking feedback.

View ropegg's Feedback (+424)
    All-About ropegg
    View ropegg's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TiasTreasures View Post
    How on earth do they know if someone is a FRIEND? And does that mean anyone in the world with my last name is considered to be my RELATIVE?
    Hi Tias Treasures,

From my experience you do not want to do it. But I am NOT one of your FRIENDS or RELATIVES so if you will PM me the listing ID I will make the purchase and then as I used to do when it was a charity item you can do as you would like with the item. I will pay through Paypal if ok with you.
    My stores:
    Ropegg
    Cups-Cups-Cups
    And Other Stuff
    Peggy A's Jewels

God Bless and have a great day!!!!

eBid count it as shill bidding if it's sold to a family member, doesn't matter if it's an auction or BuyNow.
    You cannot even do so for Charity Auctions.
    That is why I have my families accounts & my second one on my signature
    my family are all Blackballed by me, & me by them to save any problems.

I'm not sure exactly how it works, but if there is account interaction by 2 members ie somebody logs into their account from your PC, then you cannot buy from that person, the account suspension in that case is automatic.
    Last edited by Gothicina; 23rd March 2012 at 11:53 PM.
    Gothicina.

MAHATMA GANDHI - "The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way in which its animals are treated."

My Stores
    Gothicina Labels | Gothicina's Web - for eBid Auction Templates & Store Banners.

My Alter egos
    Kewtonia Books | Kewtonia's Klutter | Kewtonia Magz

Family
    Leadhillsonline | Honehe
    Tozcentral | NiffNaff
    SynysterChambers | Goldenboys13

Free eBid Banners | Free YDC Teddies | Charity Listings YDC Teddy Templates

Quote Originally Posted by Gothicina View Post

I'm not sure exactly how it works, but if there is account interaction by 2 members ie somebody logs into their account from your PC, then you cannot buy from that person, the account suspension in that case is automatic.
    But what if you use a shared computer?
    I sometimes go to another (bigger) town to log in to my account - it seems implausible that no other ebidder would ever go to that public computer and use it.

Thread Information