Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Post the seller's SKU on the invoice.

Forum Newbie
    View MiniMint's Feedback (+718)
    All-About MiniMint
    View MiniMint's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Post the seller's SKU on the invoice.

When I have multiple items on an invoice, I need my SKU number printed. Now I have to go into each sale to get the SKU number. This does not need to show on the buyers invoice just on the printed invoice that I generate. This will save time and make the invoice more seller friendly. Thank you.

Forum Lurker
    View RiverHill's Feedback (+282)
    All-About RiverHill
    View RiverHill's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Post the seller's SKU on the invoice.

Sure would be nice to have that information as a seller. Could put on invoice right after the ITEM NO. Have asked in the past for this function, maybe if more sellers ask, it may just happen.

View cmjewels925's Feedback (+7924)
    All-About cmjewels925
    View cmjewels925's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MiniMint View Post
    When I have multiple items on an invoice, I need my SKU number printed. Now I have to go into each sale to get the SKU number. This does not need to show on the buyers invoice just on the printed invoice that I generate. This will save time and make the invoice more seller friendly. Thank you.
    You don't need open the listing page; the SKU is shown (along with the item number and type of listing) in the 'Auctions I Ran - sold' tab. Also, you're not using all the available characters in the title field so, unless your SKU is incredibly long, you could add it at the end of your title.

If this function is made available, please make it OPTIONAL. I do not want my SKUs made public and I certainly don't want to edit 14,000 items

CMEJewellery For all your jewellery needs.

Beads 'n' Bobs For beads.

Charms 'n' Findings For charms and jewellery making supplies.

Forum Lurker
    View RiverHill's Feedback (+282)
    All-About RiverHill
    View RiverHill's Listings
    Forum Posts

If this function is made available, please make it OPTIONAL. I do not want my SKUs made public and I certainly don't want to edit 14,000 items [/color][/size][/font][/QUOTE]

The SKU number should be a seller's identification number or code for reference to the object being sold. (right?), Any help in identification to both the seller or buyer to be more friendly would be nice. Would be most interesting, if made public, what information could be obtained that would be harmful? I just love it when a buyer gives eBid's auction ID number, (#####digits long) to multiple items and I have no easy way to identify this number to the questioned products.

View cmjewels925's Feedback (+7924)
    All-About cmjewels925
    View cmjewels925's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RiverHill View Post
    If this function is made available, please make it OPTIONAL. I do not want my SKUs made public and I certainly don't want to edit 14,000 items [/color][/size][/font][

The SKU number should be a seller's identification number or code for reference to the object being sold. (right?), Any help in identification to both the seller or buyer to be more friendly would be nice.
    A SKU is only of help to a seller, not a buyer. It's generally as meaningless to a buyer as an auction number is but a lot more buyers know *what* an auction number is.

I just love it when a buyer gives eBid's auction ID number, (#####digits long) to multiple items and I have no easy way to identify this number to the questioned products.
    A SKU identifies 1 item as does an auction ID. Do you know *exactly* which product any particular SKU that you have assigned refers to? If you don't, is looking up the SKU really that much easier than putting the auction ID you've been given into the search box?

Would be most interesting, if made public, what information could be obtained that would be harmful?
    If it was implemented why would you have a problem with it being OPTIONAL?

I don't use any of my suppliers SKUs in that field but I'd imagine a lot of sellers do. I'm sure they wouldn't be too happy for their competitors to come along and be able to just lift that information. There may also be some sellers who use a suppliers name or the unit price they paid as part of their SKU or a host of other information.

I don't have any information in that field that is harmful but maybe, if you ever have 10 times the amount of listings you do now, you may find it handy to have other information at your fingertips that isn't visible to all and sundry.
    Last edited by cmjewels925; 24th March 2012 at 05:47 PM.

CMEJewellery For all your jewellery needs.

Beads 'n' Bobs For beads.

Charms 'n' Findings For charms and jewellery making supplies.

View iwiw60's Feedback (+761)
    All-About iwiw60
    View iwiw60's Listings
    Forum Posts

If this function is made available, please make it OPTIONAL. I do not want my SKUs made public and I certainly don't want to edit 14,000 items [/color][/size][/font]
    The SKU number should be a seller's identification number or code for reference to the object being sold. (right?), Any help in identification to both the seller or buyer to be more friendly would be nice. Would be most interesting, if made public, what information could be obtained that would be harmful? I just love it when a buyer gives eBid's auction ID number, (#####digits long) to multiple items and I have no easy way to identify this number to the questioned products.[/QUOTE]

I DO NOT WANT MY SKU's SHOWING ON ANY INVOICE....

Off my soapbox....

Thread Information