eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 1200$ in sales today on site

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: 1200$ in sales today on site

Wow, now there's a good deal! Congrats on your sales and here's to many more!

Best wishes for many sales to all,

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JJcards View Post
    Most of the sales have been on here some have been local was just sharing my week

And the feedback I leave asap a buyer pays,never had an issue with that never will

Guess I will keep any sales I make at a show or from a local client who saw an item here but for whatever reason did not want to join to myself,I thought we were meant to put ourselves out there ebid being the sales platform but by people using pin it facebook etc some may find they live close by and would rather an in person deal,will keep those off the boards even though in a large way the site and the networking which everyone is using to move their goods are what got some sales and a sale is a sale is a sale but point taken will keep all non site sales unposted
    I was just disappointed that it seemed an ebid selling streak maybe wasn't that. Don't read any more into it!

Forum Diehard
    View JJcards's Feedback (+1672)
    All-About JJcards
    View JJcards's Listings
    Forum Posts

Thank you,

I almost feel like more than half the folk on here want to rake me over the coals for posting sales that did not take place directly on site or wanting me to provide information as proof of sales,I mean my sales are my sales,I can see the point of not adding off site sales anymore,was having a good couple weeks and just wanted to share but what and to whom I sell on here and for how much should remain between me and the buyer

I really do not like where this topic went at all,had a great week and to those of you who were/are happy to see another fellow seller do well I say thank you,to everyone else who question every move or want to know every aspect of my sale(s) I will no longer post anything about my sales any longer as I have no patience nor do I need to explain how I got sales,what my profit margin is how much I paid for gas and did I factor that into mu overall cost stick it in my debit column

I made some sales,really everyone on here is telling everyone else sales happen here you just need to do such and such,telling new members linking them to useful links I did all this took some time but I made sales,so your telling everyone sales happen here but when they are more than a buck or 2 you give em the 3rd degree message taken no more posts about sales and will try to limit em to as little as possible,we are all entitled to an opinion,we are not all entitled to question every move a seller makes after a few good sales

Thanks to all who got what I was trying to do which was share some good news,to the postee who questioned my selling and wanted to know every aspect of it,I also just purchased a new cottage,motorcycle and pool table want the specifics

Forum Master
    View DZAMBO's Feedback (+480)
    All-About DZAMBO
    View DZAMBO's Listings
    Forum Posts

Well….this is unbelievable but what can I say, we have overwhelming social stuff on eBid threads where any potential visitors is supposed to find information, help, and all other auction business only and now we have social stuff sales….at least we keep writing and selling stuff now and where this is doesn’t matter anymore…congrats for your sales if is true or not is not anymore important….what is important ‘’again’’ rare of visitors in here will read this information about sales and will know exactly what to do next…
    Congrats for your sales again…and by the way today I make about $500 from my regular job, so…can I count this too…?... ..

P.S. I go back for sleep....o boy......

Forum Diehard
    All-About JJcards
    View JJcards's Listings
    Forum Posts

Just check my completed items today alone,what the heck would I have to gain by saying I made sales if I didn't

Forum Diehard
    All-About JJcards
    View JJcards's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bykimbo View Post
    I was just disappointed that it seemed an ebid selling streak maybe wasn't that. Don't read any more into it!
    No Kim I was not reading any more into your statement, got where you were going with it and realize I should have been more clear in my original post a few days back,

Quote Originally Posted by JJcards View Post
    Thank you,

I almost feel like more than half the folk on here want to rake me over the coals for posting sales that did not take place directly on site or wanting me to provide information as proof of sales,I mean my sales are my sales,I can see the point of not adding off site sales anymore,was having a good couple weeks and just wanted to share but what and to whom I sell on here and for how much should remain between me and the buyer

I really do not like where this topic went at all,had a great week and to those of you who were/are happy to see another fellow seller do well I say thank you,to everyone else who question every move or want to know every aspect of my sale(s) I will no longer post anything about my sales any longer as I have no patience nor do I need to explain how I got sales,what my profit margin is how much I paid for gas and did I factor that into mu overall cost stick it in my debit column

I made some sales,really everyone on here is telling everyone else sales happen here you just need to do such and such,telling new members linking them to useful links I did all this took some time but I made sales,so your telling everyone sales happen here but when they are more than a buck or 2 you give em the 3rd degree message taken no more posts about sales and will try to limit em to as little as possible,we are all entitled to an opinion,we are not all entitled to question every move a seller makes after a few good sales

Thanks to all who got what I was trying to do which was share some good news,to the postee who questioned my selling and wanted to know every aspect of it,I also just purchased a new cottage,motorcycle and pool table want the specifics
    Suggesting that someone leaves feedback for customers on ebid to set a good example - particularly to newbies - is giving someone the 3rd degree?

Wow!!!!

To me - the incredible defensive attitude is saying a whole lot more

View burgyeb's Feedback (+946)
    All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

I apologize if you took offense to any of my posts. Posting clearly on one's eBid performance is what is needed by those hoping to do well on eBid. Congratulations on your sales here, and hope you have many more.

Forum Diehard
    All-About JJcards
    View JJcards's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MagnetsAndHangers View Post
    Suggesting that someone leaves feedback for customers on ebid to set a good example - particularly to newbies - is giving someone the 3rd degree?

Wow!!!!

To me - the incredible defensive attitude is saying a whole lot more
    Not once in my rant did I say anything about feedback being the problem,my problem was the posting of calling my sales into question and to add more confidence to the amount I believe was the phrase used,I took and take offense to that yes I am defensive about it why would I not be when someone calls your sales into question in a way as to suggest that they need facts in order to prove you made said sales,unless it were your accountant would you not take offense as well

Think what you will,but when someone,another seller not an owner calls my sales into question and then takes it upon themselves to have me require proof I take offense and if you would not than that is your perogative but if you have a yard sale with a bunch of familes combined and after a good day of dales share your good fortune with other members and they then ask well how much,how did you,where did it come from how can you prove this to us you would not take offense,guess you would pull up a lawn chair and answer everyone and give everyone the answers they needed with a big smile and a pitcher of lemonade,I am not built like that so very sorry

View burgyeb's Feedback (+946)
    All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by burgyeb View Post
    Say OP, is it possible to simply give a break down of sales made specifically on eBid, number and earning amount. It is a fair inquiry since the posted sales is such a brilliant amount. Imfo would be helpful to those aspiring to sell well on eBid. Would also add more confidence in the reported amount.

Off site sales ok, in the bigger picture. But eBid specific data would be most helpful and most needful. Particularly for newbies.
    Is this what you are referring to specifically? Well if it is, let me draw your attention to the title of this thread: "Re: 1200$ in sales today on site"

Is this not the disclosure of a specific amount earned. I did not ask for details of your sale. I asked number/$ amount specific to eBid. Might look a bit like sold 65 items on eBid for 948$. Does not look any different to me than your title, except includes a number for eBid (no details asked for).

If this is the specific quote you are speaking of, you were offerred an apology. However, I could also take offense, if it was worth it, to question the integrity of posting a title that is misleading at best.

Thread Information