eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Have a buyer who wants to do a cash delivery,anyone ever done one

Forum Diehard
    View JJcards's Feedback (+1672)
    All-About JJcards
    View JJcards's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Have a buyer who wants to do a cash delivery,anyone ever done one

I re read his email before cancelling the sale while waiting for him to reply,what I mistook for cash on arrival was really cash on delivery,

Forum Newbie
    All-About danigm78
    View danigm78's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JJcards View Post
    If I were to agree to it I would have to have them send cdn funds by registered post so I can sign for it for their protection,I have had some cash sales in the past but always buyers I dealt with and always for just a few bucks

So far they do not want to pay for registered mail nor do they want a proof of receipt when I get the funds,I don't like to be difficult to deal with but too much could go wrong while awaiting this payment whereas I can cancel the sale relist the item,resell it and buy new items for resale

I will try them 1 more time and if nothing can be worked out than I will cancel the sale,first contacting support to make sure I am not breaking any rules,can't see that I am as my payments are specified as paypal,check or money order

Thanks everyone
    I thought you couldn't accept paypal cause your account was hacked... Or that was what you told me in the Iphone auction that I paid throught Moneygram a week ago... And I'm still waiting for the shipping information...

Forum Master
    View darklisruthven's Feedback (+1327)
    All-About darklisruthven
    View darklisruthven's Listings
    Forum Posts

- I believe (correct me if wrong) that it is illegal to send large amounts of cash in the mail. I have the same policy here and on fleabay, that I do not accept cash. I once had someone ignore that, choose the "cheque" option (in the UK same as me) and then send me cash in banknotes. Luckily I got them checked and they were genuine, so I sent the item, but I wasnt too impressed! if that had gone missing there could have been no end of hassle. If you do accept the cash, make sure the notes are genuine before sending the item, because I have heard of people doing this to buy things with forged currency.

I agree with magnets
    Make sure you tell him/her that cash is sent at his own risk - and you will not be held responsible if it goes astray in the post.
    You receive the cash (in your own currency) - send the item out - remembering to obtain proof of postage to the address he requests it sent to.

Whats the worse thing that can happen?

If he/she claims item not received....
    He can only leave a neg fb - you respond with a link to a photograph of proof of postage to his address, and forward a copy of that to ebid support to prove it to them.
    also make sure that if they send cash, that it is sent registered and insured.

If all thats fine, then I would go ahead with the transaction. If not, I would cancel.

Forum Diehard
    View JimmyCee's Feedback (+85)
    All-About JimmyCee
    View JimmyCee's Listings
    Forum Posts

I've had cash sales in the past.
    Their package was shipped when cash was received and counted..
    Cash on most orders are usually sent Priority Mail, insured and delivery confirmation.

Thread Information