Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Have a buyer who wants to do a cash delivery,anyone ever done one

View burgyeb's Feedback (+946)
    All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Have a buyer who wants to do a cash delivery,anyone ever done one

Quote Originally Posted by JJcards View Post
    If I were to agree to it I would have to have them send cdn funds by registered post so I can sign for it for their protection,I have had some cash sales in the past but always buyers I dealt with and always for just a few bucks

So far they do not want to pay for registered mail nor do they want a proof of receipt when I get the funds,I don't like to be difficult to deal with but too much could go wrong while awaiting this payment whereas I can cancel the sale relist the item,resell it and buy new items for resale

I will try them 1 more time and if nothing can be worked out than I will cancel the sale,first contacting support to make sure I am not breaking any rules,can't see that I am as my payments are specified as paypal,check or money order

Thanks everyone
    This sounds like the way to go, the repeat buyer I had always sent the cash via registered signed for mail. Very professional buyer. Would not think of following through with a buyer who wanted no tracers on cash sent for significant amounts. Actually, I know that the shipping of coins/currency has strict guidelines that vary from nation to nation.

Forum Diehard
    View JJcards's Feedback (+1672)
    All-About JJcards
    View JJcards's Listings
    Forum Posts

That is what set off bells for me,that and he joined the day of the auction ending and never contacted me on site during the auction,only after it ended and only through my email acct like they did not want a trace of communication on site between they and I

I contacted support to see if in fact I can cancel the sale without breaking any rules,hopefully I can as I really do not want to be forced to accept this type of payment from across the world with a seller I am not at all comfortable with,I mean if my only way of making payment was in cash I would want it sent express registered and signed for all the bells and whistles,sounds like he wants to stuff it in a white envelope stick a few stamps on it and send it out,if it were to get lost or stolen he could claim I got it and file a complaint with the site leave a neg whatever I just do not need the headaches

Forum Lurker
    View abyorkie's Feedback (+1404)
    All-About abyorkie
    View abyorkie's Listings
    Forum Posts

I have had a few cash sales but I always point out it has to be at their risk. Mainly from the UK but an odd one from the USA, although it is a few years since. Didn't mind the US$ as we were going on hols to the US so it was fine. Deal went through without a hitch so no problems for me or the buyer.

India seems to be a different matter, had a few problems there ( not cash related) like contacting prospective buyers who refuse to pay- never get a reply, seem to be some time wasters. Delivery seems to take forever as well. i stopped shipping there for a while but had no problems recently.

I suppose there are time wasters everywhere, just have to accept it as an occupational hazard!!

Cheers Alan
    Please have a look at my shops, you may find something you like!!
    http://abyorkies-old-manuscripts-ancestry.ebid.net
    http://archibald-thorburns-birds-prints.ebid.net
    http://abyorkies-stamps-cigarette-cards.ebid.net
    http://antique-prints.ebid.net
    http://collectables-and-everything-else.ebid.net

Forum Diehard
    All-About JJcards
    View JJcards's Listings
    Forum Posts

The buyer never got back to me after a few emails so support was great about it,told me I should cancel the sale and relist the item,which I have done,going to bb that buyer,had the buyer agreed to send it to ensure it arrived and I had to sign for it,express post with everything I would have been more at ease but with his only email to me saying can I do a cash on delivery which does not even make sense as I am the seller and it is usually a seller or company that would accept a coa so I think I saved myself a headache there,he may have meant can I ship it when I get his money but aside from him saying it could take a while to reach me there was no other contact so item relisted sale cancelled potential problem averted.

View youmeus's Feedback (+203)
    All-About youmeus
    View youmeus's Listings
    Forum Posts

If he said "cash on delivery" he was wanting you to send the items and accept payment then, not pay then receive.

Run, Forrest, Run!!

Forum Diehard
    All-About JJcards
    View JJcards's Listings
    Forum Posts

Lol Run I did still can't find my chocolates though maybe he can cod them for me

Forum Master
    View DZAMBO's Feedback (+480)
    All-About DZAMBO
    View DZAMBO's Listings
    Forum Posts

My ‘’Friend’’ Al he is right…don’t make sense at all for the person who shopping in the Net and can pay only in cash and buying stuff from overseas sellers….if this is only India seller and India buyers in that way will be much clearer…but like this….I don’t know…Somalia…India….whole Africa…Russia…and many other poor countries where most of peoples works for only couple $ a day regular job from this countries always comes ‘’amazing offers’’ or unusual transactions offers…or unusual regular business…or asking for personal information’s…
    Well...is just my opinion…you can do whatever you like but I will stick with my Friend Al opinion…

West Bromwich, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View merlin's Feedback (+3081)
    All-About merlin
    View merlin's Listings
    Forum Posts

before the days of paypal i was always sent cash and would sooner have that than paypal where after 2 days they get the money back and your items

cash is easy to hide if wrapped well i have had hundreds of dollars sent in cash from usa and canada biggest was $780.00 for one transaction sent in a nice parcel

give me cash any day

View TonyBridger's Feedback (+252)
    All-About TonyBridger
    View TonyBridger's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JJcards View Post
    The buyer never got back to me after a few emails so support was great about it,told me I should cancel the sale and relist the item,which I have done,going to bb that buyer,had the buyer agreed to send it to ensure it arrived and I had to sign for it,express post with everything I would have been more at ease but with his only email to me saying can I do a cash on delivery which does not even make sense as I am the seller and it is usually a seller or company that would accept a coa so I think I saved myself a headache there,he may have meant can I ship it when I get his money but aside from him saying it could take a while to reach me there was no other contact so item relisted sale cancelled potential problem averted.

You never said it was "Cash On Delivery" in your opening post so I assumed it was a normal transaction where they would send you payment before you sent the goods.

Its hard to give an opinion when not given the full story.
    My posts only state my own opinions, unless I've stolen them from someone else

West Bromwich, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View merlin's Feedback (+3081)
    All-About merlin
    View merlin's Listings
    Forum Posts

even so coa or cod can work but it can take ages to get the cash lol and they would still have to pay a large wedge to get it done as post offices can charge for the handling and getting the money to you ,

Thread Information