eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: So, where are the advertisements?

Forum Newbie
    View stoneseekers's Feedback (+417)
    All-About stoneseekers
    View stoneseekers's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default So, where are the advertisements?

How are you advertising eBid? With the pricing platform you have, you could bankrupt eB?y. So, why arent you competing?! ADVERTISE!! Magazines, commercials, mass mail marketing, radio, ETC!!!!!

Default Re: So, where are the advertisements?

All of those things have a cost. I think one of the problems on the other side has been because of the money they spend to promote.

If they start spending money on advertising how long do you think the charges can stay at the place they are now?

Then there is the problem of where do they start? It is a site that started in England and has branched into other countries. If you are aware at all of the advertising rates in the Us then you know there is no cheap way to do an effective campaign.

In the mean time it is up to the individual sellers to take advantage of all the self-promotion sites that are out there. I know I talk eBid all the time. I personally am not very good on the social sites but others here are and invite others to join them. It seems to work.

I don't sell lots but I sell enough to hang in here. Besides I love this site. It is friendly and helpful.

View Juliebabe25's Feedback (+39)
    All-About Juliebabe25
    View Juliebabe25's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by stoneseekers View Post
    How are you advertising eBid? With the pricing platform you have, you could bankrupt eB?y. So, why arent you competing?! ADVERTISE!! Magazines, commercials, mass mail marketing, radio, ETC!!!!!
    If you owned ebid how much would you spend per month ?

Forum Diehard
    View baconsdozen's Feedback (+711)
    All-About baconsdozen
    View baconsdozen's Listings
    Forum Posts

The reality is that ebid expect their customers to advertise the site.They provide you with a site to list and sell your products,the rest is up to you.

Not sure how much eBay actually spend on advertising in the UK, but personally I have only seen one TV ad in the last 12 months, and that was on a late night slot. Many people go to eBay because they think thet they will be able to find what they want at a good price. Likewise with Amazon. If we can get the listings to a point where there is a good variety, and sellers can provide a good price and excellent service when they do sell, then we will become one of those ports of call that buyers look at, with or without mass advertising.
    Last edited by kreativebargains; 27th March 2012 at 03:29 PM. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by kreativebargains View Post
    Not sure how much eBay actually spend on advertising in the UK, but personally I have only seen one TV ad in the last 12 months, and that was on a late night slot. Many people go to eBay because they think thet they will be able to find what they want at a good price. Likewise with Amazon. If we can get the listings to a point where there is a good variety, and sellers can provide a good privce and excellent service when they do sell, then we will become one of those ports of call that buyers look at, with or without mass advertising.
    I see 2 or 3 of their ads every night on telly - and I aint really watching it!

Quote Originally Posted by stoneseekers View Post
    Just a thought stoneseekers............ I would imagine that stones are very popular to sell and some yours look very nice......but

The greatest form of advertisement is our listings and titles. Therefore using the correct keywords in the titles helps not only you as a seller but eBid as a whole.

So you are a stone store and sell stones?

So why on earth have missed the keyword stone out of every single listing title? So the listing below:
    Cinnabar (Myrickite) Cabochon for Lapidary Hand Cut

Because it hasn't got stone in the title means that anyone searching on google or eBid using the keywords hand cut stone or Cinnabar myrickite stone will not see that you have one for sale.......

Quote Originally Posted by kreativebargains View Post
    Many people go to eBay because they think thet they will be able to find what they want at a good price. Likewise with Amazon...
    Actually, many people go to those sites only because they're #1 in their respective segments. Even without ads, you'll frequently hear them mentioned in the media, just as everyone has heard of Google, Hoover, Apple, Coca Cola...

Once your brand grabs that #1 slot it's not a level playing field, the #2 guy has to be far better to succeed.
    Click for bargain auctions!

Dropbox for 2GB of offsite storage to simplify your life. Click here, to get an extra 500MB of space!

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by deanosaur1972 View Post
    Just a thought stoneseekers............ I would imagine that stones are very popular to sell and some yours look very nice......but

The greatest form of advertisement is our listings and titles. Therefore using the correct keywords in the titles helps not only you as a seller but eBid as a whole.

So you are a stone store and sell stones?

So why on earth have missed the keyword stone out of every single listing title? So the listing below:
    Cinnabar (Myrickite) Cabochon for Lapidary Hand Cut

Because it hasn't got stone in the title means that anyone searching on google or eBid using the keywords hand cut stone or Cinnabar myrickite stone will not see that you have one for sale.......
    What he said

i recon ebid could do very well if it built its market somewhere where ther are potential buyers and sellers.
    at the moment its a bit like a load of market stalls in a field in the middle of nowhere, what needs to happen is something to join the marketplace with the buyers and sellers, some ideas how this can happen are below

iphone/ipad + android apps - this is just critical, tablets are an exploding marketplace and if you dont have an app you are nowhere, how about contacting tablet manufacturers and try to get a deal to put the app free on their devices in return for advertising or some marketing perk on the site

forums - work out a way to offer a plug in to run the FOR SALE and WANTED sections on forums it would mean an instant customer base and a great variety of items being sold, in addition it would give the ebid brand a market presence

target a marketplace that is lacking a decent place to sell - the uk automotive market had been shafted royaly by ebay through various rule changes and the escallating fees, you are never going to take on ebay in every marketplace at the same time and win but if you can build a reputation in one area where ebay are woefully inadequate then you can build on that moving into different geographical areas and marketplaces.

pingit - a new payment system being trialed by banks for sending paymnets with your mobile, currently being trialled by barclays in the uk and set to become the new standard for small purchases, get on board early with it as a lot of people hate paypal with a passion but need a good alternative

Thread Information