Thread: Post Increase UK 2012

Forum Saint
    View Anniemcc2's Feedback (+3934)
    All-About Anniemcc2
    View Anniemcc2's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Post Increase UK 2012

Quote Originally Posted by darklisruthven View Post
    I shall continue to offer overseas, just on principle.
    Ditto.

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by starlady22 View Post
    I dread having to change all my listings. I think i'd better get started now, as it's going to take forever.
    I really don't see why eBid cannot give us in the UK calculated postage and save us this grief every year. All it needs is a lookup table and somewhere to enter the package weight and size. Last time I queried, eBid said it was because they didn't have access to the Royal Mail API, So bypass RM - Seejay's does it without too much problem.

Quote Originally Posted by astral276 View Post
    I really don't see why eBid cannot give us in the UK calculated postage and save us this grief every year. All it needs is a lookup table and somewhere to enter the package weight and size. Last time I queried, eBid said it was because they didn't have access to the Royal Mail API, So bypass RM - Seejay's does it without too much problem.
    Thanks, that's a very useful display, quicker to use than the RM site too. Though usually I find quickest of all is having a leaflet handy, there are still some things where paper beats a computer!

But I don't see why ebid would need to use an API anyway. The postage rates are just a small set of tables, it could be looked up internally.

I imagine the main problem is at what point would auctions be changed to the new rates? You need to be psychic to know how quickly your bidder will pay, will it be soon enough to get to the PO while the old rates apply?
    Click for bargain auctions!

Dropbox for 2GB of offsite storage to simplify your life. Click here, to get an extra 500MB of space!

Talk about the bad service, I got somebody elses amazon parcel posted to me the other day, had somebody elses name and address, luckily I ran over to the postman to hand it back and got a grump from him!

Forum Master
    View darklisruthven's Feedback (+1327)
    All-About darklisruthven
    View darklisruthven's Listings
    Forum Posts

oh I regularly get letters for other people (in other streets with not even similar names) on my doormat.

View bunsock's Feedback (+14461)
    All-About bunsock
    View bunsock's Listings
    Forum Posts

A reminder, if you use 1st class, 2nd Class, 1st class Large Letter or 2nd Class Large Letter stamps stock up now at the old price as these will still be valid after 30 Apr.

Forum Diehard
    View baconsdozen's Feedback (+711)
    All-About baconsdozen
    View baconsdozen's Listings
    Forum Posts

Another monopoly ripping off its customers with big price increases and a crummy 'service'.
    Royal mail has lost out big time om parcels with other companies able to undercut,hopefully the same will happen one day with letters and small packets.
    The price rise like the price of fuel is one reason that so many firms in this country struggle,yet lord sooty and his pals seem oblivious to it.Possibly because we foot the bill for their post and petrol as well as most everything else.

Forum Master
    All-About darklisruthven
    Forum Posts

have to agree with you baconsdozen!

Forum Master
    All-About darklisruthven
    Forum Posts

Having said that, having well stocked up on stamps at the existing old, I am not going to pass the postal increase on to my online customers until I have to buy postage at the new prices

View bunsock's Feedback (+14461)
    All-About bunsock
    View bunsock's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by baconsdozen View Post
    Another monopoly ripping off its customers with big price increases and a crummy 'service'.
    Royal mail has lost out big time om parcels with other companies able to undercut,hopefully the same will happen one day with letters and small packets.
    The price rise like the price of fuel is one reason that so many firms in this country struggle,yet lord sooty and his pals seem oblivious to it.Possibly because we foot the bill for their post and petrol as well as most everything else.
    I totally agree, this is a mix of stealth tax and fattening the turkey for sale.

Quote Originally Posted by darklisruthven View Post
    Having said that, having well stocked up on stamps at the existing old, I am not going to pass the postal increase on to my online customers until I have to buy postage at the new prices
    Same here for UK postage for small items, but beware the Airmail increases are eye watering and I don't see how we can avoid putting up the shipping charges.

Thread Information