View shezz's Feedback (+360)
    All-About shezz
    View shezz's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default 38 degree petition to stop goverment snooping

Life is serious but taking it too seriously robs you of
    happiness, fun and productivity

Default Re: 38 degree petition to stop goverment snooping

Whilst the rumours spreading through the (less than reliable) media sound alarming, I think I'll wait and find out the facts before coming to a conclusion.

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

Tried to sign, but it's UK only. Too bad, as I happen to agree 110%.

Best wishes for many sales to all,

Quote Originally Posted by suesjools View Post
    Too bad, as I happen to agree 110%.
    Just out of interest, being as the government have yet to annouce the details of this matter, and so far we only have media speculation to go by, what is it exactly that you agree with?

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by damian_steele View Post
    Just out of interest, being as the government have yet to annouce the details of this matter, and so far we only have media speculation to go by, what is it exactly that you agree with?
    I don't believe any government should have the right to read private e mails or similar private correspondence of any kind whatsoever.

Best wishes for many sales to all,

View shezz's Feedback (+360)
    All-About shezz
    View shezz's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by damian_steele View Post
    The goverment have released details, it's been on the news tonight and the fact they are trying to rush this through is'nt that saying something, this is no longer a media speculation.A

nd do you really trust what the goverment say. any goverment lol

38 Degree campaign against many issue's, sure we all moan about this and that but do we really do anything, have a read at what they do.

wasnt there a big hype a little while ago about the media earwigging, was'nt one paper shut down because of it
    Last edited by shezz; 3rd April 2012 at 07:42 PM.
    Life is serious but taking it too seriously robs you of
    happiness, fun and productivity

Quote Originally Posted by shezz View Post
    The goverment have released details, it's been on the news tonight and the fact they are trying to rush this through ...
    Web and email monitoring plans will not be rammed through, says Clegg

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-17595209
    And do you really trust what the goverment say. any goverment lol
    Well, we don't really have much choice, do we? Either they will do as they say, or they won't. This seems to be the case whether or not the public agree with what they say.

wasnt there a big hype a little while ago about the media earwigging, was'nt one paper shut down because of it
    There's a huge difference between members of the media illegally accessing private information for personal gain and the properly sanctioned security forces doing it for the right reasons.

However, all this jolity aside, I still have not seen any release of information which includes the details of this intended act. Lots of speculation and accusations, but no detail as to who will be doing what under what circumstances. Until this information is made public it would seem somewhat daft to be campaigning against it.

View BLOXBOOKS's Feedback (+5010)
    All-About BLOXBOOKS
    View BLOXBOOKS's Listings
    Forum Posts

Anything that gives more power to the state under the "its for our protection" and "if you got nothing to hide" means we slip deeper into the Totalitarian state the greasy palm over dinner donation back scratching millionaires of the 7% club who rule our lives would love to see...those "we are all in it together" and "understand how hard things are" have no clue about my life and around 93% of other people......It was about 100 years when these types of politicans introduced a mental health bill so they could lock up unmarried mothers claimed they were deviants,,,,,so give them any powers to snoop more into our live and it will not be only Union members/officals/leaders, political activist, human rights campainers, enviromentalist....but anyone those with money or position dont like....best practice saying Bus, Bath,Cup Glass because after the rest have been sorted they may think about anyone who sounds from "up north" need sorting next....

了解
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/BLOXBOOKS

That's the question, isn't it? Does this really give them any more powers than they have already? With the appropriate legal paperwork the police (etc) can already look at the stored information about who we contact via the various methods. It seems to me - based solely on the unsubstantiated information that has so far been slopped around - that the only difference is that They want to be able to do the same thing a bit quicker. If that IS the case, and the appropriate safeguards are in place regarding who can't or can't access the information and what they can or can't do with it, then I can't see much to complain about. It would be of enormous help to the security services to be able to trace the communications of a suspected terrorist 'in real time' as opposed to piecing it all together some weeks or months later. The big issue is just how far the legislation goes with regard to who can do what and when.

Thread Information