Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: paypal questions

Default paypal questions

realtivly new to selling with ebid and paypal

2 questions bugging me

1) reverse payments

what is the outcome of these and howdo you protect yourself against it.

2)can you use paypal for say selling on other internet sites and what protection does you money recieved from sale get for say return of item dispute , or again reverese payment .

thanks
    every man is the architect of his own fortune.

http://uk.ebid.net/perl/main.cgi?typ...orcycle-spares

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: paypal questions

To semi-answer your questions:

1) I use Paypal (have since 2006) and have never had to deal with a reverse payment, so I would expect they don't happen often, not sure how to handle the situation except to save your documentation (especially shipping records/tracking numbers); likely someone who has dealt with this situation will have a better answer.

2) I've used Paypal on eBay and eBid (still use it here) and have only had one disputed charge; after sending the tracking info. to Paypal they found in my favor. Provided you save tracking numbers/shipping records, IMHO Paypal is as good a method for online transactions as any, and definitely a preferred payment method of U.S. buyers.

Best wishes for many sales to all,

Same for me, I have been using Paypal on here, eBay, and my own website store, and I never once had a chargeback.

1) Reverse Payments - what is the outcome of these and how do you protect yourself against it.

To help protect yourself from Paypal chargebacks, you could get confirmation from your buyer as to the address where the buyer was the item sent to, i.e. if their eBid address is different from their Paypal address. Never send items out unless payment has been received and cleared​ use trackable means i.e. recorded or special delivery.

2) Can you use paypal for say selling on other internet sites and what protection does you money recieved from sale get for say return of item dispute , or again reverese payment .

You can use Paypal on other internet selling sites
    Don't walk in front of me..I may not follow-don't walk behind me..I may not lead-just walk beside me and be my friend.
    Albert Camus

PERSONAL RECORD SET
    27hours 30minutes without sleep

As with the others, I have used Paypal for a number of years. I have had a chargeback, it was due to the use of a hijacked account and fraudulant card. I had the tracking info and got my money back. It is a bit of a hassle and can take time, but you are covered.

I also use Google checkout. Only used them for a couple of months, and not had a problem with them yet. It can help sales as the money does not go to feebay, which some people are attracted to, though obviosly the money is still going to one of the big boys, but it does give buyers another option.

ok thanks for your time all
    and good advice

PERSONAL RECORD SET
    27hours 30minutes sleeping
    every man is the architect of his own fortune.

http://uk.ebid.net/perl/main.cgi?typ...orcycle-spares

Kingswinford, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View Bohemian's Feedback (+129)
    All-About Bohemian
    View Bohemian's Listings
    Forum Posts

Talking Re: paypal questions

Moneybookers is very good, as well. Worth considering, I wish more people used it, as they do on a certain site beginning with "D". Have a look at the Moneybookers website.

If you get a "reversed by the buyer's bank" notice from PayPal, it typically means the buyer's funding source failed (i.e. their credit card was maxed out and denied, or their bank account did not have enough money). Years ago they used to call it "You have been paid by potentially fraudulent funds." I would imagine the "potentially fraudulent" was offensive to buyers so now they calling something else.

An "unauthorized use" reversal is different. Essentially, it means the buyer did not authorize the debit. Online viewable (by anyone) deliver confirmation works to dispel such claims against a seller. Actually, they only require "proof of shipment" and in need not be online if you are smart enough to call them on the first round of throw the seller under the bus. .....There is no seller protection for "unauthorized use" for sellers that use PayPal off the bay and ship to an unconfirmed address.

When your Pal transactions show "partially eligible" it is only for Item not Received complaints so long as you can prove delivery as online viewable.

Forum Newbie
    All-About MakeATag
    View MakeATag's Listings
    Forum Posts

Can also happen if paid by Credit Card and when they get their statement, the buyer doesn't remember and calls their credit card company to report fraudulent charge.

This can take MONTHS to reverse back to you, because CC company not readily willing to absorb costs of flip-flopping, so if the customer asks them to re-send money to PayPal, CC Company may wait the full period a customer has to question charges (e.g,. 3 months) just so they can't reverse charges again.

Thread Information