My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: eBid Shipping Discount in checkout process

Default eBid Shipping Discount in checkout process

Does eBid have or going to provide a shipping discount tool that automatically totals shipping costs if one buyer buys multiple items from a seller who offers discounts on shipping? eBay offers it now and I find to be quite helpful for the buyer to fully understand the total shipping cost. The only problem is that eBay practically forces you to offer free shipping to the buyer to up ones Detailed Seller Ratings (DSR).

Default Re: eBid Shipping Discount in checkout process

Quote Originally Posted by corvettes4me1953 View Post
    Does eBid have or going to provide a shipping discount tool that automatically totals shipping costs if one buyer buys multiple items from a seller who offers discounts on shipping? eBay offers it now and I find to be quite helpful for the buyer to fully understand the total shipping cost. The only problem is that eBay practically forces you to offer free shipping to the buyer to up ones Detailed Seller Ratings (DSR).
    Ebid do it but only on identical items, so if you have item (a) with a quantity of more than 1, you can (on uk listing form, not sure of usa form) an area where you can say additional items will cost xxxx

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by raindropsies View Post
    Ebid do it but only on identical items, so if you have item (a) with a quantity of more than 1, you can (on uk listing form, not sure of usa form) an area where you can say additional items will cost xxxx
    The USA has the same option.

So if a buyer buys different items, say item a, item b, and item c, eBid's checkout process at this point does not include a feature to automatically include a shipping discount on a single purchase of different items? The discount only works when you sell a multiple of one particular item.

View JaBek1's Feedback (+25)
    All-About JaBek1
    View JaBek1's Listings
    Forum Posts

I believe you the buyer needs to request an invoice which would allow you to discount multiple item purchases. It would probably be wise to mention that in your terms of service or in a notice.

View MPS16's Feedback (+3501)
    All-About MPS16
    View MPS16's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JaBek1 View Post
    I believe you the buyer needs to request an invoice which would allow you to discount multiple item purchases. It would probably be wise to mention that in your terms of service or in a notice.
    I have the following notice displayed on all my items for sale.

Name:  Untitled-1 copy.JPG
Views: 52
Size:  59.4 KB
    Please Visit My Stores

Meccano Shop
    Postcards Shop
    Stamps Shop
    DVD Shop

I'm free-I'm free
    And freedom tastes of reality
    I'm free-I'm free
    And I'm waiting for you to follow me

TOMMY

Quote Originally Posted by corvettes4me1953 View Post
    So if a buyer buys different items, say item a, item b, and item c, eBid's checkout process at this point does not include a feature to automatically include a shipping discount on a single purchase of different items? The discount only works when you sell a multiple of one particular item.
    Correct, but see post 6 for an 'in your face' way of telling buyers (I use similar)

Thread Information