eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: To Import Feedback or Not to Import Feedback??? :s

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: To Import Feedback or Not to Import Feedback??? :s

IMHO importing feedback or not is a personal decision, no right or wrong answers. All my feedback is from eBid, but I suspect my laziness has something to do with this.

Best wishes for many sales to all,

View rokins_toys's Feedback (+770)
    All-About rokins_toys
    View rokins_toys's Listings
    Forum Posts

I have not bothered to import my feedback from FeeBay.

The way I see it is, the feedback was earned on FeeBay and nothing to do with my sales on eBid. When people view your feedback on eBid, it will say the feedback has been imported. Although this may look good for you on eBid, it is not a reflection of your sales and customer service etc on eBid.
    “Doing business without proper advertising is like winking at a girl in the dark. You know what you are doing but nobody else does and the girl doesn't even know you're winking at her either."

Forum Saint
    Kingswinford, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View crafters_corner_2's Feedback (+327)
    All-About crafters_corner_2
    View crafters_corner_2's Listings
    Forum Posts

No pelting Knits
    I KNEW it was just a matter of time before I was called Knits!!! Should have thought of that when changing my ID.

Although this may look good for you on eBid, it is not a reflection of your sales and customer service etc on eBid[
    Absolutely right. Furthermore, I fail to see why sellers would wish to import feedback with the inclusion of negatives.

I would like to see my correct feedback tally showing,however.
    Last edited by knit_wits; 29th May 2012 at 06:04 PM.

Forum Saint
    View papagran40's Feedback (+261)
    All-About papagran40
    View papagran40's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hello Knit , I never put that s there , it must have sneaked in when I was not looking....???......or should I say oooops......papa.

Forum Saint
    Kingswinford, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View crafters_corner_2's Feedback (+327)
    All-About crafters_corner_2
    View crafters_corner_2's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by papagran40 View Post
    Hello Knit , I never put that s there , it must have sneaked in when I was not looking....???......or should I say oooops......papa.
    A rose by any other name......

View zombiman's Feedback (+548)
    All-About zombiman
    View zombiman's Listings
    Forum Posts

I imported early on after I arrived, but I was never a big seller over there anyway, so I wasn't really trucking in thousands of FB. Now I kinda have mixed feelings about whether or not it was the right choice.

I know have a greater sense of... "accomplishment" for each of my eBid FB points... much more so than I ever had with ebay.
    Need some toys? Sure you do! - http://us.ebid.net/items/zombiman

Forum Saint
    View moonwitch's Feedback (+1616)
    All-About moonwitch
    View moonwitch's Listings
    Forum Posts

I imported mine and then when I reached 100 or so feedback here I asked for the imported feedback to be removed so my current feedback is all from here.

My reason for importing was to show buyers that I had a past track record in trading...a bit like having a CV to show someone at interview.

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by OneDollarTom View Post
    Here's a direct quote: (you will not) "take any action that may undermine the feedback or ratings systems (such as displaying, importing or exporting feedback information off of the sites or using it for purposes unrelated to eBay);"
    But the 'import' of feedback earned on eBay is none of those things. The import does not even necessarily refer to eBay feedback - it says 'the feedback rating was imported from Another Online Marketplace'. There are other selling site than eBay. There is no conflict between what eBid does and the content of your quote. eBid's use of the term 'import' is maybe unfortunate - but that is just semantics.

eBay did (I understand) threaten eBid with legal action if they imported users feedback in the manner referred to in your quote. They clearly believing they own your feedback. Typical eBay, they do what they like because they know they have the money to wage and win a war of attrition against anyone who challenges their dictates - whether they be right or wrong.
    Last edited by astral276; 4th June 2012 at 11:13 PM.

View rokins_toys's Feedback (+770)
    All-About rokins_toys
    View rokins_toys's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by astral276 View Post
    Typical eBay, they do what they like because they know they have the money to wage and win a war of attrition against anyone who challenges their dictates - whether they be right or wrong.
    ^^ They can do what they like all they like, creating their own policies that go against government legislation only gets them into trouble anyway at the end of the day. Just because someone is all big and has the money, doesn't necessarily mean they will always win when their policies conflict with what the government or law has laid out. FeeBay's attitudes and dictatorship policies are just one of many reasons I quit trading on there. I don't need FeeBay for me to be a success. And I certaintly do not need their fees affecting my ability to invest in stock.

Anyway, as someone mentioned, FeeBay does not exclusively own anyone's feedback. And they certaintly have no right to claim that they own people's feedback. They cannot claim copyright or any other form of legal ownership over an persons feedback. I think it's time for FeeBay to have that operation with the proctologist, get that head removed from that rear end..
    “Doing business without proper advertising is like winking at a girl in the dark. You know what you are doing but nobody else does and the girl doesn't even know you're winking at her either."

I thought about this for a bit right at the start of joining ebid but looking into it there seemed little point to doing it.
    you have a large feedback score but nothing to show from it just pages and pages of feedback the reads imported from some place else and before you say well you can get a badge for raporto or what ever it is called that you can click on to look into it a little deeper well to me whats the point in directioning some one away for your auctions/store/ebid site what with it having .net rather then .com it's hard to find anyway and if someone comes at it from google that make a lot of clicking back and forward to find out little detail.
    just list item at a competertive price that people are intrested in and use all the tools to promote you will soon get a decent feedback score i should know in the last 4 months my feedback has jump up by 103.
    Check out my shop for all your fav comic books
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/HUSHS-COMIC-BOOK-WORLD

Hush is barnching out check it out
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Hushs-Trading-Card-Shack

Check out my about me for some stuff about me.
    https://www.ebid.net/uk/users/hush77hush/all-about-me/
    or why not join my social group on the fourm pages.
    http://helpdesk.ebid.net/group.php?groupid=30

Why not follow me on Twitter.
    http://twitter.com/#!/hush77hush

Thread Information