Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: To Import Feedback or Not to Import Feedback??? :s

Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, United Kingdom
    View SportsSentro's Feedback (+24)
    All-About SportsSentro
    View SportsSentro's Listings
    Forum Posts

Lightbulb To Import Feedback or Not to Import Feedback??? :s

Just wondering whether its worth importing feedback from the darkside (ebay) - I have like 4000+ would it be beneficial to do so or is it better to just have eBid feedback on eBid??

Cheers

Ste
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Thornton Cleveleys, Lancashire, United Kingdom
    View cheaver's Feedback (+1050)
    All-About cheaver
    View cheaver's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: To Import Feedback or Not to Import Feedback??? :s

There have been lots of discussions about this very subject many times - if you put Feedback into the Forum search box you will find lots of threads there about this issue.

I had over 5000 on eBay. I started again when I moved here. The eBay feedback was earned on there, nothing to do with eBid, feedback on here reflects what I have done on here. Just my opinion, and plenty of other people have imported. I have also seen a few people with high feedback, when you check it out, sometimes you see very little from eBid, so not sure if it puts people off, but it sometimes looks that way. You are starting to get feedback here, it will not be long before it is high enough for you to become trusted as an eBid member.

Hi - I had none to import - but don't think I would have anyway...personal choice though.
    I am an individual seller so it might be difference for a business one.

9 out 10 of my buyers have always been Newbies... although they have returned and bought more since.
    Don't know where they come from as I am not on Facebook or Twitter - they must Google an item I suppose.

I look on eBid as a platform to allow me to sell. If I don't get sales then I am selling things nobody wants or the price is wrong. Am happy with the level of sales I have (and hope to continue having) and quickly made back my Seller+ payment.

I have nowhere else to compare it to - but am therefore not confusing eBid's ways and rules with any other selling venues. So do whatever feels right for you.
    --Linda--
    all feedback from eBid

View kazeran's Feedback (+7908)
    All-About kazeran
    View kazeran's Listings
    Forum Posts

Import and be damned!

Chester - Le - Street, Durham, United Kingdom
    View Armstrongs's Feedback (+1436)
    All-About Armstrongs
    View Armstrongs's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SportsSentro View Post
    Just wondering whether its worth importing feedback from the darkside (ebay) - I have like 4000+ would it be beneficial to do so or is it better to just have eBid feedback on eBid??

Cheers

Ste
    Hi Ste

I didn't import feedback when I joined.....mainly because it wasn't even an available option back then.

I can see both the pro's and con's of the conundrum though.

Personally, as a buyer, it would give me a little more confidence in a seller if I could "see" that they are proud of their reputation.....albeit from elsewhere iykwim.

Yvonne x

Look here for Crafty Bits

Find the Beamish Bazaar here!

I'M A YDC SUPPORTER!
    Find eBid's monthly charity auctions HERE on the 24th!

View kazeran's Feedback (+7908)
    All-About kazeran
    View kazeran's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Vonz View Post
    Hi Ste

I didn't import feedback when I joined.....mainly because it wasn't even an available option back then.

I can see both the pro's and con's of the conundrum though.

Personally, as a buyer, it would give me a little more confidence in a seller if I could "see" that they are proud of their reputation.....albeit from elsewhere iykwim.

Yvonne x
    Yayyy, my thoughts exactly, if you have earned it use it. If it makes a customer aware that you are successful elsewhere, then it must affect buying confidence here.

I think feedback is important wherever it comes from! Buyers can at least see a past record of the sellers performance,
    A buyer ask me what site I came from, and I told him. He checked it out and decided to buy a item from me!

I sat without any feedback, for 3 weeks, and I felt alone in the darkness! lol! Now it shows I have 8 positive feedback, and Im soooooooo proud of it! Like one said: Ebids a great place to list all of your items, tho I havent sold anything here, I did have other buyers from other site, that stopped by and checked out my listings. Ive been doin great on the other site, and hopefully I will do good here!

http://us.ebid.net/perl/main.cgi?mo=...tore&start=300

A personal choice, for sure. I decided not to import what I had accumulated at the other place. All my feedback is from buying and selling here in the past two years.

Personally I'm for it. I've worked hard to get perfect feedback since I starting selling in early 1999. It's 13 years worth of proof that my customers can feel confident buying from me.

Let's be honest, we have all dealt with less than great auctioneers, both buying and selling. Feedback is the number one thing that will sway a decision to buy or not. I've spent more money to buy the same item fom a different seller, because they have better feedback, because I know there will not be any problems. The same thing goes for buyers, I'm more likely to work with buyer for whatever reason, if their feedback warrants it.

I appreciate the point of view of new marketplace/new feedback. However, in the end all I care about is a pleasant and safe transaction, so I'll take the feedback, wherever it's from.

Thread Information