My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: downloading photos

Question downloading photos

new to site everytime i try to download photos to start a auction it tells me connection reset and that ebid could be busy i have been trying to download for 2 days now no luck.i even put 1 single photo in a zip folder

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: downloading photos

Hi and welcome to eBid.

Not a techie here I'm afraid, but in the past when I've had trouble uploading pix from my 'puter to eBid sometimes closing out and reopening the pic section does the trick, or signing out and back into eBid, or even rebooting the 'puter. If you continue to have problems, you may want to contact support: support@ebid.net as they may be able to assist with this.

Best wishes for many sales to all,

All-About JohnPGalt
    View JohnPGalt's Listings
    Forum Posts

How big are the photos?

Anything bigger than about 1600 x 1200 pixels is really too big to be useful and you'd be better to resize/crop your photos before uploading them.

Can you upload these photos to another site? Is eBid.net the only place where uploading these photos is a problem?

You might try uploading them to a photo sharing site like picasa (http://picasa.google.com/), photobucket (http://photobucket.com/) or ImageShack (http://imageshack.us/).

That will let us know if the problem is only with eBid.net, or if you have issues uploading from your computer to any site.

If you can upload the photos to a photo sharing site, you can also use the "from url" option on the right side of the photo/gallery upload form and load them to your auction items directly from the photo sharing site.

Unhappy Re: downloading photos

i have no problem downloading photos on other past auction sites.i just can seem to get them to download here on ebid.i even did a single picture and put it in a zip folder and still nothing i like this site but i cant start any auctions unless i can show pictures

All-About JohnPGalt
    View JohnPGalt's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dealsandmoredeals View Post
    i have no problem downloading photos on other past auction sites.i just can seem to get them to download here on ebid.i even did a single picture and put it in a zip folder and still nothing i like this site but i cant start any auctions unless i can show pictures
    I understand your photos work on the other auction site. I'm trying to determine what it is about your photos that might be causing issues here on eBid. I'm also trying to find a "work-around" that will get things working right away.

What are the dimensions of your pictures? And what is the file size?

Also, please try this. Click the "Reply with Quote" button just below this post. Type something like "Here's one of my Pictures" in the text and then click the "Go Advanced" button.

Now, scroll down a little and find the "Manage Attachments" button and upload one of the pictures here on the forum attached to your reply. Just click the "Browse" button in the top section, "Upload files from your computer," pick one of your pictures, then click the "Upload" button.

That way I'll be able to see one of the files you're having an issue with.

Thread Information