eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Reposted a item by mistake and it sold - How do I cancel?

View ropegg's Feedback (+424)
    All-About ropegg
    View ropegg's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Reposted a item by mistake and it sold - How do I cancel?

Quote Originally Posted by jeweleffects View Post
    Try using the Blackball feature and add your customer to the list. There should be option/reason why you are blackballing, tick that bit and add to list. Then you can un-blackball the customer and make things whole again. Hopefully it will cancel out the purchasing transaction.

Since the BB feature has been brought up I would like to know (for future reference) if the person being blackballed has any way of telling it is happening or has happened.
    My stores:
    Ropegg
    Cups-Cups-Cups
    And Other Stuff
    Peggy A's Jewels

God Bless and have a great day!!!!

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ropegg View Post

Since the BB feature has been brought up I would like to know (for future reference) if the person being blackballed has any way of telling it is happening or has happened.
    No they won't. They will only know if they try to purchase an item from the seller who place them on the BB list and forgot to un-list them.

View ropegg's Feedback (+424)
    All-About ropegg
    View ropegg's Listings
    Forum Posts

No they won't. They will only know if they try to purchase an item from the seller who place them on the BB list and forgot to un-list them.

Fantastic and thanks.
    My stores:
    Ropegg
    Cups-Cups-Cups
    And Other Stuff
    Peggy A's Jewels

God Bless and have a great day!!!!

I contacted the buyer as soon as noticed the mistake and refunded his money. The buyer has a zero feedback score and hasn't responded to my email.
    cweir1969

Antiques, Games, & Collectibles

View burgyeb's Feedback (+946)
    All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cweir1969 View Post
    I contacted the buyer as soon as noticed the mistake and refunded his money. The buyer has a zero feedback score and hasn't responded to my email.
    Communication is everything. This happened to me here one time. I try to avoid this situation by relisting carefully, but accidents can happen to us all. In my case, I was never really able to see why I could not find the item, so I thought this may have been what happened.

In any event, I communicated with the buyer promptly, and assumed all responsibility for the "mess up". The buyer patiently communicated back, in hopes of getting the item. I could not find it; communicated this to buyer. They left a neutral; I responded on the feedback area by saying I was sorry.

I would not cancel a sale, if I made a mistake. I would not blackball a buyer, if I made a mistake. Would try and learn from the mistake, and work hard not to make that mistake again.

Hope your buyer will be more understanding than mine's. But I in no way fault my buyer; I left them positive feedback.

View dogboy's Feedback (+20)
    All-About dogboy
    View dogboy's Listings
    Forum Posts

Seems to me that you have done all you nee to do. If the buyer leaves negative feedback then I'd just send feedback explaining that you'd made a mistake and a full refund was given. I think as far as you can you've done all you need to do. if you can, can you proove this was a mistake if need be?

Quote Originally Posted by astral276 View Post
    I don't think it is an option if the buyer has paid for the item, only if they have opted to buy and then backed out before paying. Someone more experienced in that feature will no doubt correct me if I am wrong.

Though I don't see why eBid should be expected to lose their fee. They carried the item you listed and brought you a buyer - and so are due their fee. The fact that you were not able to complete the transaction is not their fault.
    For a few cents, no big deal, agreed. But, as a principle, would you always feel this way? Suppose you put your house on sale, the agent found a buyer, and then the sale fell through. How would you feel if the agent then said "Hey, I found you a buyer, gimme!".

Feebay do refund the fee, I would expect no less here, otherwise some day when a much higher priced item is involved there'll be bad publicity and unwelcome comparisons.
    Click for bargain auctions!

Dropbox for 2GB of offsite storage to simplify your life. Click here, to get an extra 500MB of space!

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

There are sellers on here that try to sell the same items on other sites. If the item should sell elsewhere, do you think it is fair for the seller to plead *Listed the item on here by mistake as it has sold* and ask for their FVF back?

I am not saying that this is the case with the OP

What Ebay do is their affair. This is eBid.

There are sellers on here that try to sell the same items on other sites. If the item should sell elsewhere, do you think it is fair for the seller to plead *Listed the item on here by mistake as it has sold* and ask for their FVF back?

I am not saying that this is the case with the OP

What Ebay do is their affair. This is eBid.

I don't think it's fair for them to lie and say mistake, but to say it's sold elsewhere, sure, why not? If the site doesn't bring enough buyers and another site makes the sale, then the failing site should not expect to get commission.

Returning to the house analogy, if you offer your house through several agents only the one that introduces the buyer gets rewarded (at least in the UK, I don't know how it works elsewhere). That seems fair to me. Yes, the other agents may have expended effort, but they didn't do a good enough job.
    Click for bargain auctions!

Dropbox for 2GB of offsite storage to simplify your life. Click here, to get an extra 500MB of space!

Thread Information