eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 27 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: #ebidhour promotion via TWITTER - Please read :-)

Default #ebidhour promotion via TWITTER - Please read :-)

Hello eBiders, #ebidhour is opening for business - Tuesdays 8 - 9pm (UK TIME)
    A virtual place – in realtime – to promote your eBid store

We all want to promote eBidand our eBid store, but before we get shot down, let us explain. We have a firm belief that when used properly, Twitter can be a great marketing tool, andbring huge awareness for individuals and businesses alike. We understand we’re not allowed to post direct links to sites but if you’d like to see what Twitter can do for small businesses / sellers then Google “Small Business Sunday (#SBS)”and see what Theo Paphitis has done.

We have searched #ebid overthe last few weeks and although it is clear people post their listings toTwitter, not enough people are doing so. Having eBid trend would be an amazing achievement and would surely bring in additional buyers. That said, it wouldnot be an easy task with the steady flow of tweets from sellers.

We know people who don't use Twitter or simply see it as a complete waste of time. However, we feel that there’s scope for change and we can all do our bit to ensure eBid has a greater presence, while self promoting at the same time. So, we invite you to join #ebidhour

This idea has stemmed from two similar sessions held on a Wednesday / Thursday, both 8pm - 9pm #yorkshirehour #derbyshirehour respectively. We're sure there’s more but as an indicator tohow these have taken off, just search them on Twitter. Hopefully you'll gainmore followers, visitors to your store and above all promote eBid. Remember you're limited to 140 characters, so use them wisely.

We have supplied an example which uses the complete character set allowed, if you've enough room to tweet alink to your store too then there’s nothing to stop you from doing so. If youdon’t then please ensure you’re eBid link is provided within your Twitter profile.

"Retailers of Novelties, Gifts, Bedroom Essentials, Games, Fancy Dress, Hen & Stag NightParty Goodies, Rude Foods and more. #ebidhour @ebid"

During the hour long event,pop onto the search box on Twitter and search #ebidhour to see what other eBid sellers are promoting. For this to work, everyone must tweet with the hash tag #ebidhour

Simply ‘follow’ and say ‘hi’ to those you think could be relevant to you (or look like interesting sellers / tweeters). Check your account for new followers and say thanks – follow back where appropriate. This isn’t about everyone following each other for the sake of it, so no”Follow me - I follow back” tweets. It's about ‘quality’ not‘ quantity’.

Let's try #ebidhour and joinus every Tuesday 8 - 9pm (UK TIME) if you can. Hopefully we can all make it a successful event.

Be gentle, we don't post to the forum in general but we would love to hear your thoughts on this.

You can follow us @RosinaRomance – we’ve also tweeted about this event with an attached flyer, create your own or retweet ours.

Thanks for reading and we hope to see your store within the many tweets on Tuesday between 8 - 9pm (UK TIME)

Your feedback would be greatly appreciated and if this has been attempted before, we apologise.

Hugs,
    Lisa
    Last edited by rosinaromance; 23rd May 2012 at 10:33 PM.

Online retailers of adult naughty novelties, fancy dress accessories, hen / stag party goodies, games and more.

It's not All About ME, it's All About US

Not a member of eBid? Click here to sign up.

Default Re: #ebidhour promotion via TWITTER - Please read :-)

Hey everyone, will you be tweeting between 8 - 9pm GMT this evening?

Such a shame this has had no interest at all, as we know how well other dedicated Twitter #hours have gone and may well raise the profile of eBid. Oh well, back to the drawing board.... (perhaps only few have Twitter)

Online retailers of adult naughty novelties, fancy dress accessories, hen / stag party goodies, games and more.

Forum Saint
    View moonwitch's Feedback (+1616)
    All-About moonwitch
    View moonwitch's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rosinaromance View Post

Such a shame this has had no interest at all, as we know how well other dedicated Twitter #hours have gone and may well raise the profile of eBid. Oh well, back to the drawing board.... (perhaps only few have Twitter)
    What makes you think there isn't much interest

I wasn't going to be there because I had a meeting tonight but I'm up for it now as the meeting has been cancelled

I'm #greenengland on twitter by the way

Hi, Just thought we may have had some comments to this thread, we took the silence as a bad thing.

Good to hear you're joining in and hopefully a few more will follow our lead. (fingers crossed)

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

Sounds interesting, though I'm not sure of time zone differences and maybe others aren't either, (I'm in NC, USA, EST zone). I am on Twitter as suesjoolsoneBid, I don't tweet heavily, but I do tweet from time to time.

Best wishes for many sales to all,

Well, 2 hours from now (8PM UK TIME) and we'll start the tweets :-)

We'll add another reply once we start, so everyone can join in :-D

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

Well, 2 hours from now (8PM UK TIME) and we'll start the tweets :-)

We'll add another reply once we start, so everyone can join in :-D
    OK, so 3 pm here. Thanks, will check it out.

Best wishes for many sales to all,

Forum Saint
    View moonwitch's Feedback (+1616)
    All-About moonwitch
    View moonwitch's Listings
    Forum Posts

Haven't we changed to BST now?

Quote Originally Posted by moonwitch View Post
    Haven't we changed to BST now?
    You'd think so, today has been scorching!

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

I hadn't seen the idea at all, I don't get to read every thread and I know I'm not alone. A few bumps after you first posted would have helped with visibility. Otherwise it's a case if you're not around at the exact moment when a thread appears you risk not seeing it at all. Give us a chance. I'll try to remember to make a tweet or two with your hashtag to help things along, but I'm just off to make my dinner now so feel free to remind me (and the rest of us!) as the time goes on!

Thread Information