eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Paypal Really are Taking the ****! They need regulating!

Live Free And Fly High, New Mexico, United States
    View CrazyJays's Feedback (+106)
    All-About CrazyJays
    View CrazyJays's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Paypal Really are Taking the ****! They need regulating!

This reminds me when i bought a laptop on feebay and the seller got hold of me and asked me to leave feedback
    PLEASE where i can get my money from paypal.

So if you think about it buyers have the sellers by the balls to a point like paypal..

For those in PayPal payment jail, the no longer release the funds upon "positive feedback left". The say buyers were coerced in some form to leaving positive feedback PRIOR to receiving their merchandise. ....Buyers were still free to file any claim regardless of feedback left, and the feedback was never considered in any claim.

I am disturbed about the post for I was under the impression that only US paypal users were made victim to this new program. It is disturbing to see that other international sellers that use that service have become victims of paypal payment jail as well.

They have NOT done it for any eBid sales as far as I know. Just for the bay.

Again, I thought that only US sellers got the one way ticket to paypal payment rehab camp. Apparently they a widening the net of captive victims.

forgive the mis spellings....sticky keyboard and I am angry.

Forum Master
    View darklisruthven's Feedback (+1327)
    All-About darklisruthven
    View darklisruthven's Listings
    Forum Posts

forgive the mis spellings....sticky keyboard and I am angry.
    LOL, you have better grammar and typing than a lot of people online who have neither rage or a sticky keyboard!

On a serious note though, I am sure there is something illegal about Paypals actions in these cases, and that if PP users who have been F***ed over in this way were able to get together and launch a legal challenge (with plenty of publicity), they wouldnt stand a chance. I usually keep a buffer in my PP account (stops me spending it!) but after reading this thread, I have vastly reduced it, and withdrawn everything else.

I was under the impression the "PayPal payment jail" was only for US users of paypal on the bay. It is interesting to hear that a UK user is subject to same. At the same time, paypal is turning away BUYERS, that have exceeded their "lifetime selling limit" with the pal. Indeed, they would rather lose the buyer than give up their need for that personal bank account information (which is required of the buyer to continue to use PayPal).

Google checkout does not require a buyer's personal bank account information in order to continue to purchase things. No website on the net would require such personal information. Indeed this procedure should bring more sales to eBid. Some of mine have been from buyers on the bay that don't want to succumb to the restraints. I say, no problem, I will relist, send you the link and you can use your credit card....same item, same seller, same me!

PayPal is behaving as an "escrow" service. The do not have such a license and are treading on thin ice in the US. Thus the plan to change the whole procedure, where a buyer pays the "bay" and the "bay" pays the seller when the item is shipped (or if you are in payment jail) after it arrives.

This was supposed to be the "norm" in Germany bay now, but has been delayed.

Google cases against the Pal in the US....they take soooooooo long, that the "policy" (changed daily) has been improved way before any case is heard in the courts.

Choices for a seller on the bay are either not available to a seller due to their tenure, or so expensive that they are not a viable option. eBid, however, is wonderful......Google checkout rocks as far as I am concerned. When the day comes that I have to "delete" the pal from my life, I will not be so sad.

Thread Information