eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The shopping cart is going to be a disaster!!!

Forum Newbie
    View theKNI's Feedback (+4)
    All-About theKNI
    View theKNI's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: The shopping cart is going to be a disaster!!!

Forgive my ignorance but in section two of listing an auction is there not a check box for "Each extra item will add £xx.xx to shipping cost?
    Or are we only talking about multiple purchases of different items? I.e. not multiples of the same item where the seller has them stocked?

Quote Originally Posted by theKNI View Post
    Forgive my ignorance but in section two of listing an auction is there not a check box for "Each extra item will add £xx.xx to shipping cost?
    Or are we only talking about multiple purchases of different items? I.e. not multiples of the same item where the seller has them stocked?
    Yes its multiple purchases of different items. When there is a similar check box for multiple purchases of different items then all will be good as it will have seller control - sadly at the moment there is no seller control which is resulting in buyer confusion and is reflecting badly on the site.

Still awaiting the promised updates to cure this flawed system.... will work superbly when its done but in its current format it doesn't benefit either buyer or seller..

Forum Newbie
    View theKNI's Feedback (+4)
    All-About theKNI
    View theKNI's Listings
    Forum Posts

Perhaps a simple bunch of settings which the seller can apply to his or her shopping cart might be useful?
    Such as a check box again applied to each auction that is something along the lines of an option to have every item after the first, set to not add extra postage. This being useful if you sell many different items that are of similar size and weight.
    Or something within Ninja lister or the upload and edit systems that simply allows you to set postage categories. So large items would be under a category that sets them to apply new postage dependant on whether it's the first item or an additional item. Whilst smaller items added to a cart already containing a large item would add none.

View bunsock's Feedback (+14461)
    All-About bunsock
    View bunsock's Listings
    Forum Posts

I don't believe it can ever work for me with a variety of items, some that need special wrapping etc. Even with extra items of the same type you can't charge "Each extra item will add £xx.xx to shipping cost" as the postal rates work by both weight bands and size. What I need is a Seller opt out both for the Shopping Cart and the message that suggests the buyer should Pay Now etc. In all cases (except for single item purchases) I need to manually calculate the shipping costs.

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Then again, UK shipping options and USA shipping options (plus other countries with their formatted shipping) are totally different, so many variations. What needs to happen is the payment buttons should be taken off and just an invoice button used so buyer just clicks the invoice button and seller can then edit the shipping, send invoice and buyer will have payment buttons to pay.

View bunsock's Feedback (+14461)
    All-About bunsock
    View bunsock's Listings
    Forum Posts

Yes, that would be a very nice solution. And as an aside, sellers having to issue an invoice prior to any payment would also prevent buyers from paying absentee sellers.

Wow,
    I was planning on trying ebid once again to see if sales would happen for me here, but not sure after reading about all the problems going on here was really hoping to get away from eb@y but still looks like i am stuck there.

Quote Originally Posted by HaleysComics View Post
    Wow,
    I was planning on trying ebid once again to see if sales would happen for me here, but not sure after reading about all the problems going on here was really hoping to get away from eb@y but still looks like i am stuck there.
    Check back once in a while. Usually, these problems do get sorted out eventually after we've made enough noise here.

I think a very good suggestion has been made here that would resolve this problem, and help with another one. I hope support is looking at it.

And I've heard eBay's shopping cart is causing similar problems. Is that true?

Quote Originally Posted by TiasTreasures View Post
    Check back once in a while. Usually, these problems do get sorted out eventually after we've made enough noise here.

I think a very good suggestion has been made here that would resolve this problem, and help with another one. I hope support is looking at it.

And I've heard eBay's shopping cart is causing similar problems. Is that true?
    I have opted out of allowing buyers to pay for my items along with items from other sellers & since ebay is charging fees on shipping charges now & using free shipping as part of becoming a power seller, i offer free shipping on most auctions but have to factor that into my selling price but it keeps me from having trouble with their cart.

Ray

Gazza, please tell us what is happening in regard to fixing or removing the shopping cart. The lack of any response is disturbing.

Thread Information