Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Who can we trust?

Question Who can we trust?

Over the last few years we have seen that we cannot trust the politicians, the banks, the newspapers, local councils, TV presenters, sports governing bodies and numerous other public figures. Every month or two some new scandal arises to further erode any belief that we might still hold that the people running the country are anything but self-serving scum, liars, thieves or cheats.

So who is there, on a scale larger than our own family or friends, that we can trust? Do any of us trust any large companies? Do we believe that organised large-scale charities can be trusted? Are there any political groups out there that are worth putting our faith in? Is there any sector of the media - print, electronic, radio or TV broadcast - that we think is 100% honest and trustworthy?

Is there any hope for an honest future?

View HerMajesty's Feedback (+1863)
    All-About HerMajesty
    View HerMajesty's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Who can we trust?

There is nothing new under the sun. I'm not sure things are any different than they have been for thousands of years...we just have better communication and hear more about what's happening.

Are we feeling a bit cynical, damian?
    Ta-Ta for now!

HerMajesty

Slide Inn for Vintage 35mm photographic slides
    https://uk.ebid.net/stores/Slide-Inn

ALSO!! Click below to see my store, THE BEE'S KNEES!
    https://the-bees-knees.ebid.net

View youmeus's Feedback (+203)
    All-About youmeus
    View youmeus's Listings
    Forum Posts

Honesty, like a lot of things starts with "just one". So we should all strive to be the "one" and hope and pray that others will be honest too. We know that if we set a bad example there will be others follow so we must each do our best.

View sidthelamp's Feedback (+541)
    All-About sidthelamp
    View sidthelamp's Listings
    Forum Posts

ITS Damians topical topic time " TTT

there are so many side lines to your question Damian it would make BR look like a model railway

in general and in short no

mutual benefit often settles a arangement for both parties with or without the need of trust, but this is also a reason for deception and mis trust

eg one party approaches another for A the second party would recive X if they can make A happen A has to be sold to the people so the second party annouces A to the people with out declaring the first parties interest or X . A could be preceeded by years of softening [ propaganda, party line,ect ect ] fashion is a excellent EG so over a short or long time the seeds of A are enplanted in the people when the time is right [ decided by the second party ] the deception is brought forward rarely by vote ,

be it small or large scale eg the right to pick your own fire wood taken away from you, [ in a very short space of time without public notice or consent] or the lie that was sold to the people over joining the common market which has evolved into a lot more than a free trade passage within europe which has lead to the current banking system scandel hundreds and hundreds of laws imposed upon the people without there consent the parliments of the people not realising till its to late there ability to represent and implement what there own regions need/want is taken away from them.

so a couple of examples of a dishonest future and present were lied to, decived to all the time by the powers that be, hidden agendas lobbied for in private by big companies then sold to the people who are to busy to realise, uneducated to understand whats happening around them and the people who do realise and understand also realise who can they trust to reverse whats going on !
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/under pressure

MY ATTITUDE IS A RESULT OF YOUR ACTIONS!!!
    IF YOU DONT LIKE IT BLAME YOURSELF.

View burgyeb's Feedback (+946)
    All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Damian, you ask a very important question. I believe there are as many answers as there are people who frequent the forums. I don't think there is anyone who puts their trust in major corporations, or any of the people you have pointed out in your first paragraph.

But can we trust family, friends, or even ourselves? Many would answer this question differently, but I do not think so. People tend to be hardest on those whom they want to put their trust in, because we need to be able to trust.

I have noticed at least 4 references that deal with the issue of trust. They are found in the Bible. Even if someone does not believe all that the Bible teaches, these principles would still probably seem like good advise.

I. "It is better to trust in the Lord than to put your confdence in man" (Psalm 118:8)

II. A parable about those who trust in themselves........(Luke 18:9)

III. An explanation that "a man's foes come from his own household" (Matthew 10:35-37)

IV. An interesting comment: "Don't trust anyone - not your best friend or even your wife. For..... Your enemies will be right in your own household. (Micah 7:5-6) Therefore..........(Micah 7:7)

So, your observations seem right on about the issue of trust. My observation broadens it to include "family", associates, and "friends". I do not fully trust myself, because I can fail.

View TexasAda's Feedback (+635)
    All-About TexasAda
    View TexasAda's Listings
    Forum Posts

One example of a general class of people: I have heard from several people who fancy themselves good interviewers that asking lowlevel "grunts" in an organization will get you truthful answers. They aren't used to being asked their opinions and if an opportunity arises, they will generously give you their thoughts.

Forum Saint
    View Pink_Panther's Feedback (+177)
    All-About Pink_Panther
    View Pink_Panther's Listings
    Forum Posts

I could't trust myself to answer that one properly.

Ive been stabbed in the back so many times there is not much room left.
    Last edited by BAGHAG999; 29th June 2012 at 10:30 AM. Reason: spelling eror

Forum Saint
    View papagran40's Feedback (+261)
    All-About papagran40
    View papagran40's Listings
    Forum Posts

a very good question , we could all say yes we could be trusted...but like pink , I am not sure I know the answer ??...............papa.

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by HerMajesty View Post
    There is nothing new under the sun. I'm not sure things are any different than they have been for thousands of years...we just have better communication and hear more about what's happening.

Are we feeling a bit cynical, damian?
    Hear, hear!

Bows and misses the kitties, still at bf's, still enjoying the scenery.

Best wishes for many sales to all,

Thread Information