Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Who can we trust?

View sidthelamp's Feedback (+541)
    All-About sidthelamp
    View sidthelamp's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Who can we trust?

Quote Originally Posted by damian_steele View Post
    So, in short, we can't and don't trust anyone.

But what choice do we have?

If everybody is scum, but we still have to use various businesses, still "need" politicians, still want the modern lifestyle, we get forced to associate with the people and companies we say we can't trust.

Is there no alternative to dealing with liars, scum, thieves, bigots and rip-off merchants? Or do we just pretend that these people are not really so bad because to do otherwise would give us all nervous breakdowns?
    Damian every day dealings with companies ,people goverment bodies is one thing and down to individual skills, and the ability to be able to go to the right bodies who deal with grivences what is of concern is the time it takes when dealing with a 3rd party to resolve a particular issue, this is really base 1 of life and the ethics envolved.

my concern is the manipulation of the masses be it the UK or europe or the world this is much more sinister

EG

what started in the 60s as a concern of how we treated are enviroment was gradualy taken over by political interested parties and companies to further there own ends, with a whole raft of legislation implemented with out a by your leave by the people, no debate, no common concensus, the net result of which has restricted people in there day to day lives .

what was once the ability "to do for yourself " was effectivley taken away from you, your choice was taken away from you, by that i mean "you still have to do this " but you must pay some one else to do it ie a so called qualified who ever, state interference to monopolise income for lobbing trades, businesses your right to choose to pay or do for your self was legislated away from you in many walks of life.

the question every one needs to ask themselves is should i/we have been consulted before this was implemented ! should i pay for a goverment who implements legislation that i have not been consulted about ! if im told after inquiring about a certain piece of information " i was consulted " was the whole legislation layed out in a way that all its implications would be comprehensive and understandable by every one. was there a hidden agenda ? would it beneffit a undisclosed party/lobbist, see my first post.

DO we need a political elite /class who make the laws only they understand the laws, without the consent of the people?

so i would say Damian there is a alternative to liars, scum, thieves, bigots and rip-off merchants the political classes, make them accountable, ask why are you doing this to what ends, educate every one that what might seem as a harmless piece of legislation might have a far greater meaning than is first obvious, legislation that is emplemented today might not have any effect for a generation its called "putting in place " it has no real significance today so tends not to be questioned, thats how they work, eg the common market and what it is/trying to evolve into
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/under pressure

MY ATTITUDE IS A RESULT OF YOUR ACTIONS!!!
    IF YOU DONT LIKE IT BLAME YOURSELF.

Forum Saint
    View Pink_Panther's Feedback (+177)
    All-About Pink_Panther
    View Pink_Panther's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sidthelamp View Post
    Damian every day dealings with companies ,people goverment bodies is one thing and down to individual skills, and the ability to be able to go to the right bodies who deal with grivences what is of concern is the time it takes when dealing with a 3rd party to resolve a particular issue, this is really base 1 of life and the ethics envolved.

my concern is the manipulation of the masses be it the UK or europe or the world this is much more sinister

EG

what started in the 60s as a concern of how we treated are enviroment was gradualy taken over by political interested parties and companies to further there own ends, with a whole raft of legislation implemented with out a by your leave by the people, no debate, no common concensus, the net result of which has restricted people in there day to day lives .

what was once the ability "to do for yourself " was effectivley taken away from you, your choice was taken away from you, by that i mean "you still have to do this " but you must pay some one else to do it ie a so called qualified who ever, state interference to monopolise income for lobbing trades, businesses your right to choose to pay or do for your self was legislated away from you in many walks of life.

the question every one needs to ask themselves is should i/we have been consulted before this was implemented ! should i pay for a goverment who implements legislation that i have not been consulted about ! if im told after inquiring about a certain piece of information " i was consulted " was the whole legislation layed out in a way that all its implications would be comprehensive and understandable by every one. was there a hidden agenda ? would it beneffit a undisclosed party/lobbist, see my first post.

DO we need a political elite /class who make the laws only they understand the laws, without the consent of the people?

so i would say Damian there is a alternative to liars, scum, thieves, bigots and rip-off merchants the political classes, make them accountable, ask why are you doing this to what ends, educate every one that what might seem as a harmless piece of legislation might have a far greater meaning than is first obvious, legislation that is emplemented today might not have any effect for a generation its called "putting in place " it has no real significance today so tends not to be questioned, thats how they work, eg the common market and what it is/trying to evolve into
    That sounds really sensible Sid!

View Rednosty's Feedback (+998)
    All-About Rednosty
    View Rednosty's Listings
    Forum Posts

I trust Mulder and Scully!

Vintage Mechanical and Quartz Watches
    and collectables

Click on the link to enter my store

Why not visit my New Store. Where you will find almost anything

http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Rednostys-All-Sorts-Store

Forum Saint
    View papagran40's Feedback (+261)
    All-About papagran40
    View papagran40's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi Red, I think what ever was out there .. got them .. not seen them for ages..........papa.

Rotherham, South Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    View PATRIOT73's Feedback (+173)
    All-About PATRIOT73
    View PATRIOT73's Listings
    Forum Posts

i trusted m'legs once n look at the thaxs i got
    "WALKING IS DEFINITELY OVERRATED"

Forum Master
    View DZAMBO's Feedback (+480)
    All-About DZAMBO
    View DZAMBO's Listings
    Forum Posts

Where politics goes, money follows. Where Money goes, corruption follows. So, Politics+Money=Corruption whether it be in parliaments, congresses, or stock markets.
    Democracy does not exist where money rules. And in this New World Order of laissez faire capitalism, you get what you're willing to fight for.

Fairness and equality are 20th century ideals the do not apply in this new predatory system called the global economy. It's survival of the fittest ushered in by the deregulation of business and finance beginning in 1980

The surprising part of all this change is that it took more than 30 years for the American to realize how badly they had been sheared. And Reaganomics and trickle down still rules!

Thread Information