Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: New to ebid

Forum Newbie
    All-About theironmill
    View theironmill's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default New to ebid

Hi everyone, just signed up for a seller+ account yesterday so will have to spend a bit of time uploading loads of listings. I sell on eBay so I'm hoping that ebid will turn out to be as successful so that I can save a bit on the old fees.

Default Re: New to ebid

Welcome to eBid.

You can import auctions from eBay. If you do so I would check them to make sure they are OK and make sure that you remove any links to eBay. If you are still listing and selling on the dark side, why not add a note with your sales to say that you are also on eBid, you can then build up a customer base on here. When I moved I dropped my prices by 5%, this still leaves you 3% better off, plus listing and store fees.

You will find sales are slower on here, and you might have to change your selling tactics a little. The emphasis is on you to do a bit more. As a Seller+ I would open up a store or stores as appropriate, you are allowed five free. When you do this add the store link to your signature, this will give viewers on the forums an easy way to browse your items.

Hope you can make a success of things on here, I have just had my fith record month this year, sales are definately moving in the right direction, so you may be making the change at an ideal time, but be patient, some people expect miracles in the first few days, and for 2% FVF you do not get miracles.

Hello theironmill - welcome to eBid

~Excellent advice from kreativebargains. Yes, you DO have to work a lot harder for sales on here. Yes, you DO have to be patient. But, give it time and hopefully sales will come.

~Good luck. Keep us posted.

View iwiw60's Feedback (+761)
    All-About iwiw60
    View iwiw60's Listings
    Forum Posts

Welcome to eBid, Joseph! The items you have listed thus far are outstanding...you should do very well! With that said, I found two things while visiting your All About Me page and a listing or two, one of which needs correcting ASAP:

1. Your banner is showing your own website URL on it....that's a BIG no-no. You need to get that corrected quickly before admin sees it...just FYI!

2. You have your listings set up as RUS (run until sold). Using RUS keeps your listings as the 'bottom of the pile' so-to-speak and will never move on up the ladder for better views by potential buyers. I would suggest using Buy Now with up to 10-day duration, with 10 auto-relists...this would give you up to 100 days without having to fiddle with them!

Just a few suggestions...wishing you all the very best here at eBid!

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi and welcome to eBid.

Best wishes for many sales to all,

Forum Master
    View darklisruthven's Feedback (+1327)
    All-About darklisruthven
    View darklisruthven's Listings
    Forum Posts